....18 dollars shipping?

I live in Pennsylvania. I went to order the Deluxe Edition of the Back to the Future DVD and the shipping is 18 dollars. What? I thought the warehouse move was so shipping would cost less?!

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited August 2011
    That is oddly steep.
    Granted, I live in California (about 200 miles from Telltale's HQ), but I only paid $14.60 for shipping (Priority Mail) for the Deluxe Edition of the BttF DVD AND the BttF Mega Pack.
  • edited August 2011
    Oh, and I forgot to mention it's USPS and it's my only choice.
  • edited August 2011
    I live in Pennsylvania. I went to order the Deluxe Edition of the Back to the Future DVD and the shipping is 18 dollars. What? I thought the warehouse move was so shipping would cost less?!

Is that all that's in your cart? What zip code are you using?
  • edited August 2011
    I'm having the same issue. S&H is 18.10 for USPS to zip code 43147 for only BTTF - Deluxe edition.

Edit:

I haven't ordered, but it's up to $23.25 for shipping now. I'm trying to decide if I need to order now and sort out the shipping later...
  • edited August 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    Is that all that's in your cart? What zip code are you using?

That's the only thing in my cart. I bought it already because I didn't want to miss out, so if it's the wrong price and you can go into my order and change it (order #600139373601897) to a lower price that would be wonderful. My ZIP code is 18640.

telltale2.png

Edit: However, I just looked at my email I got after I ordered. Not only did I not purchase two things, but I didn't purchase a gift either... What's up with that?

telltale.png
  • edited August 2011
    I'm getting charged 23 dollars for shipping! That's more than the actual GAME!
    First I have to wait a day for the site to reset and now I'm getting charged out the ass for shipping! WHY, Telltale, WHY?

BTW, it's the only item in my cart and my zipcode is 06010.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited August 2011
    However, I just looked at my email I got after I ordered. Not only did I not purchase two things, but I didn't purchase a gift either... What's up with that?
    My e-mail confirmation also mentions a gift purchase (which it wasn't).

"The stuff in your order includes:
    • Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack - Upgrade
    Your Gift Code for Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack - Upgrade:

• Back to the Future Mega Pack with Large Flux Shirt
    Your Gift Code for Back to the Future Mega Pack with Large Flux Shirt:"
  • edited August 2011
    I, too, purchased the deluxe edition for $19 earlier, and my shipping was $18.80 to a 35486 zip code.
  • edited August 2011
    I am in the exact same situation as DrRocketGenius, from zip code 07059.
  • edited August 2011
    My shipping was 18 dollars too, but that's all the way to the Netherlands. It's a bit weird that there isn't much of a difference in shipping between Europe and the US.

I did want to say that I've got the same 'issue' with the order described as a gift in both the confirmation mail and on the 'my games'-list. It's not that big of an issue. I ordered the game and now the deluxe edition upgrade for myself, not as a gift, but the episodes haven't turned into gift copies or anything, so if I receive my deluxe edition without problems I'm fine with it.
  • edited August 2011
    Shipping is now down to 15 bucks for me. Still a bit expensive though.
  • edited August 2011
    Is this some issue or something? Even Amy seems confused. And if this is just an issue, If I were to order now, would it charge less when the issue is sorted out?
  • edited August 2011
    i tryed to order

Back to the Future Mega Pack with XL Flux Shirt

Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack

and i am getting a $21.40 :confused: charge my zip code is 33014
  • edited August 2011
    I had around $15.05 for shipping for mine... ordered the upgrade one. zipcode 60134. I remember ordering a DVD of TOMI a bit after the Talk Like A Pirate Day Sale, and remembering it was $1.70 shipping. This seems insane compared to that
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    We're looking into it, stay tuned! If you're overcharged for any reason, we'll refund the difference!
  • edited August 2011
    I was charged $15.10 shipping as well.
  • edited August 2011
    My shipping is now down to 14 dollars.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    I'm getting charged 23 dollars for shipping! That's more than the actual GAME!
    Shipping is now down to 15 bucks for me. Still a bit expensive though.
    My shipping is now down to 14 dollars.

Maybe if you wait long enough, they'll be paying you to take it!
  • edited August 2011
    There was an issue with our shipping calculations. I'll be picking through all the orders this weekend and refunding anyone who overpaid shipping.
  • edited August 2011
    Thanks for looking into it! Hope the task isn't as tedious as it sounds...
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Maybe if you wait long enough, they'll be paying you to take it!

But if I wait too long, it'll be gone.
  • edited August 2011
    Mine was $16.05...It does seem to be way too high.
  • edited August 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    There was an issue with our shipping calculations. I'll be picking through all the orders this weekend and refunding anyone who overpaid shipping.

So what is too much for shipping? Was just about to order the 'Back to the Future Mega Pack with Large Flux Shirt' ($50.99), but $28.83 for shipping to Finland made me cancel the order.

Change it to about $18 and I may reconsider. ;)
  • edited August 2011
    Im going to buy as soon as possible, but now that I have checked out this topic, is $15.85 USD to Australia too steep? Im in the same situation as the guy above, I really don't know how much shipping is meant to be.
  • edited August 2011
    I was thinking all this $18 shipping inside the US sounded steep.

The store calculated $13 for just the BTTF DVD to Australia, which sounds plausible, if somewhat steep for a single item.

I didn't complete my order, I figure I'll wait until there's something else in the store I want to buy, to bundle and save a bit on shipping.
  • edited September 2011
    Any updates on this? I see that shipping to my location is now either $8 or $10 dollars, depending on choice, but I originally paid about $24... and I'm not sure if I ever got a refund.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm also curious about all this, recreating my order DOES show shipping significantly cheaper. Put in a support ticket about this, issue-52680. Thanks in advance about all you can tell me.
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks Amy!
This discussion has been closed.