Can't Communicate with server

After downloading episode 1 of the Wolf Among Us I opened the game to play it and was asked to log in to confirm the games purchase, as I do so though it says in cannot communicate with the server and returns to the opening screen. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• I'm running into the same problem. Interestingly enough, if I enter in the wrong password, it says something different. I thought it might be the windows firewall, but even after opening an exception, I still can't communicate with the telltale servers.

• I read another thread where this issue occurred, the problem seemed to stem from the fact that the game was downloaded before the game was ready. I only downloaded and installed this game about an hour ago, so I don't think this is the cause.

trejak posted: »

I'm running into the same problem. Interestingly enough, if I enter in the wrong password, it says something different. I thought it might b

• Same problem here. FFS I shoulda stayed with Steam for this one.

• I'm having the same issue. I bought the game direct from telltale because I wanted to support the developer and figured they would get a bigger cut that way. It makes no sense to me why Steam customers were able to get this game first, and now that I can finally download it I can't play it because of what I can only assume are server issues on the telltale end. I enjoy telltale's games but apparently I'm going to have to purchase them indirectly from now on since they won't take care of their own customers.

• edited October 2013

A post from Puzzlebox at the end of this thread

*Hi all! The PC build is now available on the Telltale Games website via the My Games section of your profile page. As a special thank you to those who've been waiting, we've sent out a bonus Steam key to the email attached to your Telltale Games account.

Please feel free to continue any release-day related discussion in this thread.

Thanks for being so eager to play the first episode, and we really hope you enjoy it!*

I received an e-mail confirming my pre-order, but I never received the link to the game when it was released, nor did I receive this steam key they supposedly sent out. I hope they'll sort this out shortly.

• getting the same thing. an answer would be nice. just saying.

• Yeah I'm getting a can't communicate with server message too. I know there was a problem earlier today that was said to have been resolved...

• Same problem here, can't communicate with server, and I've just downloaded it, so it's not the early release file they talked about. They should give us steam keys - I bought it on pre order and feel kinda cheated.

Jesssie456 posted: »

Yeah I'm getting a can't communicate with server message too. I know there was a problem earlier today that was said to have been resolved...

• This is getting a bit crazy... all i wanted is to play the game is that too much to ask for

• UPDATE:

just tested the login with my Telltale username instead of email at authentication and it: WORKED.

• edited October 2013

will check to see if that works for me..... It Worked!!!!

LionTrotsky posted: »

UPDATE: just tested the login with my Telltale username instead of email at authentication and it: WORKED.

• All is forgiven.

iTz-Snap posted: »

will check to see if that works for me..... It Worked!!!!

• It didn't work for me, so sad.

UPDATE: just tested the login with my Telltale username instead of email at authentication and it: WORKED.

• Having the same problem, cannot communicate with the server...even though I paid for it properly, I withdrew it, installed and also activated it via Steam. Maybe it is time to contact Federal Trade Commission.

• I'm having the same problem too. Tried with both email and telltale username. Neither worked.
    Also tried re-download and re-install. Same problem.
    Running on Win8 64bit.

• No. You shouldn't forgive craptastic online DRM. Ever.

All is forgiven.

• All, use your username instead of email address. That's what I did and it worked for me. Kudos to Lion Trotsky for the suggestion.

• Unfortunately hasn't resolved my issues with accessing the game.

rjfern7 posted: »

All, use your username instead of email address. That's what I did and it worked for me. Kudos to Lion Trotsky for the suggestion.

• Same here.

AngelEyes86 posted: »

Unfortunately hasn't resolved my issues with accessing the game.

• edited October 2013

As I can see there are a lot of problems, so a message to Telltalegames: "Stop breaking the law and take care of us - your customers." Fortunatelly I have solved my problem with the game. On W7 I wasn´t able to contact server after a installed the game from the exe file I downloaded right from the website, but when I did it via Steam, everything is ok and I can play.

So try to log in the Steam, click on add a game and step by step install the game. Good luck!

• I've tried all solutions. No wins. /sadface

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

If you've tried to login with both your username and email address, but are still unable to, please send a ticket to our Support Team at support@telltalegames.com. Include your email address and full name so we can look up your account and verify that the game is owned. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Also, if you downloaded the game because it officially went live on our servers at about 5:30pm Pacific Time on Oct 11th, then please uninstall the game, delete your save directory, delete the installation file, and download the installer again from our website before trying to login again.

• Worked for me.

rjfern7 posted: »

All, use your username instead of email address. That's what I did and it worked for me. Kudos to Lion Trotsky for the suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.