I can't open my game

Help i cant open my the wolf among us.. I dont wanna waste my 24.99 either. So please help?

Comments

• edited October 2013

Could you provide a little more info?

Which version are you trying to play - the Steam one, or the one from the site? What operating system are you using? What exactly happens when you try to run the game?

Disclaimer: Moderators on this forum are volunteers from the community and are not employees of the company. Our posts merely express our personal opinion and should not be mistaken for official company statements.

• The one from the site. Im using windows and when i try to open it, a window opens and it states "The installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package"

Could you provide a little more info? Which version are you trying to play - the Steam one, or the one from the site? What operating system

• Have you tried redownloading it? It may be that the one you got in the first place didn't download properly.

Also, which version of Windows? There's 8 of them :p

The one from the site. Im using windows and when i try to open it, a window opens and it states "The installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package"

• Windows 7. And yea i did but it still doesnt work :(

Have you tried redownloading it? It may be that the one you got in the first place didn't download properly. Also, which version of Windows? There's 8 of them

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Do you have Service Pack 1 and the windows updates installed?
    Do you have any security software (e.g. Antivirus) that could interfere with the file?

Windows 7. And yea i did but it still doesnt work

• What's a service pack 1? And i dont have any security software that could interfere with it..

DjNDB posted: »

Do you have Service Pack 1 and the windows updates installed? Do you have any security software (e.g. Antivirus) that could interfere with the file?

• Windows 7 Service Pack 1. If you don't already have it, you should probably get it.

What's a service pack 1? And i dont have any security software that could interfere with it..

• Do i really need it to run the game though?

Windows 7 Service Pack 1. If you don't already have it, you should probably get it.

• Probably not, but it does contain a lot of updates for Windows 7, so it's probably worth getting for those.

Do i really need it to run the game though?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It is recommended to have the latest windows updates installed, especially in cases like yours, when something doesn't work as expected.

Do i really need it to run the game though?

This discussion has been closed.