Black screen when start The Wolf Among Us

Starts up fine, then shows nothing but a black screen after the Title screen and the page "click anywhere to begin". I start the game, and it starts up perfectly, then after clicking anywhere, it comes up with the little connecting circle, title screen disappears... then nothing. I'm not using a controller, and I'm on windows 7, I leave it all night on black screen for check if something happen, but nothing... HELP ME :-(

Comments

• Same here, I also responded to this on another thread.

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Can you please provide more information about this issue? Does your computer meet all specifications for the game? Are you using a tv or multiple monitors? Is your screen resolution in a standard 16:9 or 4:3 ratio?

• I tryed to send you my DxDiag, but I don't found how to do it; so I have a 1920x1080 resolution, I have only one monitor (I have test on my wife computer who have a 1280x1024 resolution, I have a black screen too), and my computer specification can run the game (sorry for my english).

• I also have more than the recommended specs for this game. My monitor also is 1920x1080 and I'm not using a razer mouse.

• I'm using a razer mouse but their is a relation with my mouse oO ?

• I tryed with an other mouse, obviously that change nothing

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Both of you, please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I ran some tests and was able to reproduce the black screen problem. It is caused by the exclamation mark (!) in your Windows username.
    As a workaround, please create another windows user account with a name only containing the letters a - z.

MetaNoa posted: »

https://mega.co.nz/#!pVFjSA4A!VFDB5nFD-d2NfGmkAJ7QwA__uuMBh7BzoQzUoFGEYkw

• Ok so I can't change my username without lose all my shortcut, so I do second admin session, and I use only it for play, but it work, thanks you. But you think that problem will be fix or I will always have to play on other session without "!" ?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I have reported it to TTG support, and hope it will be fixed.

MetaNoa posted: »

Ok so I can't change my username without lose all my shortcut, so I do second admin session, and I use only it for play, but it work, thanks you. But you think that problem will be fix or I will always have to play on other session without "!" ?

• Thanks you for everything so :)

This discussion has been closed.