Every time I start the game it's *zoomed in*

Hello! I don't know if it's a bug or anything: I just download the videogame "The wolf among us" for my MAC and every time I open it, I find myself in a zoomed in corner of the screen (both title screen, and where you can select options and things). I managed to adjust the screen size option once so I can see everything, played the game, went well. But when I played the game again, it was zoomed in even more, I couldn't even see the options anymore. So I couldn't adjust the screen like I did the first time. I'm stuck.

I tried restarting the computer, adjusting my screen scale from my Desktop, and inabling these "assistance" help things because there was a window poping up that said so before I started the videogame. Didn't work. Even tried zoom function because I hoped I could just zoom out of that corner, but it didn't work either. I'm always stuck in a zoomed in corner where I can't see anything. Except BigBy's legs walking.

Please help, because this game is really awesome! D:

Comments

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

When you first boot the game it should boot in full screen. This issue only occurs on Retina Macbooks if you press Cmd-F to switch from full screen to windowed mode. You can press Cmd-F again to go back to full screen. If you'd like to play in windowed mode, you can change the screen resolution in the game's settings menu.

• Thank you very much for the help! I just tried it, and I was REALLY sure it would work this time because what you said only makes sense!

Problem is, now the window is so huge that I can only see the upper half corners. For some reason, I can't even make it smaller, like you can with normal windows. And I still can't see that one graphic option that fixes everything. I tried adjusting the screen scales from my Desktop but it only made me see a liiittle bit more of the videogame window. I still couldn't find (nor click) the option where you can adjust the scales right. Also, my mouse kept crashing several times for some reason.

First time I have a big problem like that with my MAC, really. :0

MattP posted: »

When you first boot the game it should boot in full screen. This issue only occurs on Retina Macbooks if you press Cmd-F to switch from full

• I'm experiencing the same problem as described by JWiesnerVillain. I have a MacBook Pro Retina, as you say. I had the problem as soon as I started the game. It wasn't as severe the first time, so i was able to find the right menu option to adjust my resolution to 2880x1800 (native for my screen). After exiting once when I returned the problem was bad enough that no part of the menu was visible.

At that point I was left flailing around with the mouse and listening for the menu selection 'ping' to quit the game. (Command-Q did not work while in full screen mode.) I came here and saw your suggestion about Command-F. (I always forget that nearly universal hotkey to toggle fullscreen.) At that point I started playing with Command-F. As JWV explains in his reply, if I press it once to exit full screen mode, then I am left with an ENORMOUS window which still prevents me from seeing the menu. (Although at this point Command-Q actually allows me to quit.) If I press it twice -- to switch to windows and then back to full screen -- then I have a normal, playable game. Hooray! But, the mouse pointer isn't visible until I manage to stumble across a menu option while flailing around with the mouse. As soon as I hit one, then "presto!", the pointer appears.

After quitting, the next time I enter the game I have to go through the whole process again.

I purchased my copy through steam tonight. Didn't realize you were selling directly these days.

Here is a link to my system information, as collected following instructions in the sticky thread:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/x96ucu

MattP posted: »

When you first boot the game it should boot in full screen. This issue only occurs on Retina Macbooks if you press Cmd-F to switch from full

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I wonder if it still happens if you disable automatic graphics switching?

Fracture posted: »

I'm experiencing the same problem as described by JWiesnerVillain. I have a MacBook Pro Retina, as you say. I had the problem as soon as I sta

• Very good call!

With automatic graphics switching disabled:

• the game starts with the correct scale/zoom immediately
    • at start, the mouse cursor is not visible and I have to "hit" a menu option to make it visible
    • when i switch to windowed mode with command-F, the window is still bigger than the screen

There are a couple workarounds now, which I'm grateful for, but hopefully the underlying problem can be fixed.

DjNDB posted: »

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

That's at least some progress. Can you please post a screenshot of what it looks like when it's zoomed in in fullscreen, ideally with the mouse pointer still missing?

Fracture posted: »

Very good call! With automatic graphics switching disabled: * the game starts with the correct scale/zoom immediately * at start, the

• Disabling automatic graphics switching works for me. OS X 10.9.0 on a MacBook Pro 15" with Retina Display (mid 2012).

This is a really disappointing bug, especially given the Mac release was delayed for final polish. I hope it will be fixed!

• Thank you! I hit this today and had to Google around awhile to find this. I agree, I really hope this gets fixed. It's a huge pain. I wouldn't have been able to play the game at all, even having purchased it, without this tip.

This discussion has been closed.