The Wolf Among Us Communication Issue

Hi,

I purchased The Wolf Among Us from the Telltale website and installed it on my computer. When I try to play the game, I get to an opening screen that says "Please click anywhere to begin". When I do, a screen that says "Login Error - Can't communicate with Telltale Servers" pops up. When I click "Ok", it brings me back to the previous screen and the cycle repeats. I don't get the chance to log in or anything or see any sort of menu. Has anyone had the same problem and know how to correct it?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Did you have any other TTG games installed before that?

Deleting the login data from the registry could help.

First, open a command window.
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter
    Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question:
    REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher"

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited October 2013

If the above does not resolve your issue, please contact our support team at support@telltalegames.com and we can check your account to ensure the game appears correctly. In your ticket, include the email address you used to purchase the game.

• That worked, thanks! I have the Walking Dead installed also.

DjNDB posted: »

Did you have any other TTG games installed before that? Deleting the login data from the registry could help. First, open a command wind

• The above worked, thanks Matt. I had a ticket in but will reply that the issue has been resolved.

MattP posted: »

If the above does not resolve your issue, please contact our support team at support@telltalegames.com and we can check your account to ensure the game appears correctly. In your ticket, include the email address you used to purchase the game.

• Lol! After 3 days of fruitless trying (and no reply by support@ ) you post that just the moment I figured it out myself :-) Oh well, at least it works now...

DjNDB posted: »

Did you have any other TTG games installed before that? Deleting the login data from the registry could help. First, open a command wind

This discussion has been closed.