Savegames are gone next time the game is started

Ok so recently i bought "The wolf among us" on Steam.I started playing it,then i left the game.And it said that my save file is empty.I tried re-installing the game but it didn't work.I tried to find a solution on the internet,but all i've found is this : http://segmentnext.com/2013/10/14/the-wolf-among-us-crashes-errors-freezes-and-fixes/ (at #2). So please if you know a solution please let me know, because i am desperate i really want to play this game so much.Thank you for reading.And again,please let me know if you know a solution. P.S Sorry for kind of a bad english ;(

Comments

• I think it's best if you contact Tell tale games support since they would know more about this. Good luck :)

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I moved this to the support forum.
    The game not saving can be caused by having non ASCII characters in the name of the windows user account. Please create a new Windows user account with only characters from a-z and try playing there, until it is sorted out.

• Don't judge me but i don't understand this.And my windows user account is from A-Z no numbers were used.Can you just tell me when is the patch/fix for this coming ? If you know, thanks.

DjNDB posted: »

I moved this to the support forum. The game not saving can be caused by having non ASCII characters in the name of the windows user account.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I have reported the character issues to TTG, and it is being looked into.
    Since that doesn't seem to cause your problem though, I need more information.

Please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

gvgf357 posted: »

Don't judge me but i don't understand this.And my windows user account is from A-Z no numbers were used.Can you just tell me when is the patch/fix for this coming ? If you know, thanks.

• Ok i did it here is the link : http://www.sendspace.com/file/s9j124

I have reported the character issues to TTG, and it is being looked into. Since that doesn't seem to cause your problem though, I need more i

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2013

You actually do have a € character in your windows user name, so the above workaround, creating a windows user account with only a-z characters, should help.

Please don't post multiple threads for the same issue. I deleted your duplicate topic, and changed the title of this one so it is easier to be found.

Ok i did it here is the link : http://www.sendspace.com/file/s9j124

• I don't know why this has such a big influence on the game.But i'll try to do it.If it doesn't work i will tell.

You actually do have a € character in your windows user name, so the above workaround, creating a windows user account with only a-z character

• It didin't work.Is there any kind of video out there which explains how to do that ?

You actually do have a € character in your windows user name, so the above workaround, creating a windows user account with only a-z character

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It didin't work.Is there any kind of video out there which explains how to do that ?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It's a bug, that's being looked into.

I don't know why this has such a big influence on the game.But i'll try to do it.If it doesn't work i will tell.

This discussion has been closed.