No Cursor on Main Menu [Mac]

Hello!

I seem to be having trouble with a problem similar to a common problem but a little different as far I can understand. I purchased The Wolf Among Us on Steam, meaning I do not have a login screen to deal with. Upon starting the game, it works fine and I am greeted with the click anywhere screen. I can get past this just fine as long as I wait a second to the click. The problem arises on the next screen where I have the options of Start New Game, Exit Game, Options, etc. as Mr. Wolf walks past various silhouettes. My cursor doesn't appear during this screen nor do I believe it's being acknowledged as no matter of waving seems to give any response from the game. I cannot pick any options at all and as mentioned no cursor appears. The only way I can leave the game is by force quitting it using Command+Alt+Escape. I reeeeeeeeally want to play this game as I've heard great things, so a solution would be fantastic.

P.S. I have tried opening it in windowed mode as well as not touch the cursor until the click anywhere screen. The latter changed nothing and attempting to command the Steam file to open in windowed mode doesn't work and it still goes full screen.

For reference, I am using a Macbook, version 10.6.8,
2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor,
4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Memory
and as formerly mentioned, am using the steam version of the Game. Thanks!

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2013

I haven't seen this issue on Mac yet, so i can only make suggestions that might work.
    You can try switching the game to windowed mode by pressing Command + F.
    Also you should be able to quit the game using Command + Q.

Further please post some information to make this easier to reproduce. I haven't adapted the Mac support tool for TWAU yet, so please run the one for TWD, as it will still have the basic system information:
    Please follow the instructions to run the TWD Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWD_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• Well I tried it in windowed mode and the problem still persists unfortunately.

Here is the Support Tool information as requested.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ypj3lt

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2013

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Your graphics card has only 256 MB VRAM, while the minimum requirement is 512 MB.
    I don't know if that causes this though. Sadly it's not possible to navigate the menu via keyboard to try things.
    If you don't get an answer from TTG support here, I suggest you write an E-mail to support@telltalegames.com and include a link to this thread.

AudreyIvy posted: »

Well I tried it in windowed mode and the problem still persists unfortunately. Here is the Support Tool information as requested. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ypj3lt

• I bought the version for mac, buy when I go to play the game I can't select anything. Whether I try the mouse pad or just select enter. Do you have to have an actual wireless mouse to play the game? Or is it an actual issue with the game? I don't want to have to buy an actual mouse just to play a game. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I moved your comment here.

I don't know a workaround yet, but having more information could help. Please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

I bought the version for mac, buy when I go to play the game I can't select anything. Whether I try the mouse pad or just select enter. Do you

• Have the same problem. Just can't get past main menu.
    Here's my Support Tool info: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zvrnbk

This discussion has been closed.