TWAU Mac Black screen/freeze after I load my game.

Pretty much exactly what the title says. I'm on a mac, and I meet the system requirements to play The Wolf Among us. I get to the startup screen, select my save, and episode. It gets to the part where it tells what fables are etc. and then the screen goes black. I haven't been able to find any kind of fix or work around, so please help ASAP because I really want to play.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWAU_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• Safari can't open the page, the server dropped the connection unexpectedly.
    Any idea why?

DjNDB posted: »

Please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWAU_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• Never mind, I just saw the sendspace link. Hold on a sec and I'll post the download link.

• DjNDB posted: »

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB

You seem to have two graphics chips, one does meet the system requirements, the other doesn't have enough memory. It is possible, that it switches between them, and causes problems that way. You can try if setting your Graphics to "Higher performance" helps.

Also, does it recover from the black screen if you switch to windowed mode by pressing Command + F?

Peizur posted: »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lqme08

• Having my graphics set on High Performance doesn't solve it. Also, using command + F while I have the black screen does nothing, and I can only use Command + Option + Esc to force the app to close. Using Command + F before doesn't fix the issue, and when I move my mouse over the window, I have the rainbow wheel of death.

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT VRAM (Total): 512 MB Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M VRAM (Total): 256 MB You

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

That's weird. I don't know what causes it, but I have a few things you can try.

Please try verifying the game cache files.
    Then disable steam cloud for TWAU.
    Now delete the contents of the savegame folder:
    /Users/davidappleton/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us

You can also try if setting all graphics settings and the resolution to the lowest settings changes anything.

Peizur posted: »

Having my graphics set on High Performance doesn't solve it. Also, using command + F while I have the black screen does nothing, and I can onl

• Thanks a bunch. I tried it all, so i don't know which caused it to work, but it does, and I'm happy with that.

That's weird. I don't know what causes it, but I have a few things you can try. Please try verifying the game cache files. Then disable st

This discussion has been closed.