My saves don't work

So, I've purchased a season pass, installed the first episode, logged in, started playing, but the first time I clicked the Save Files button the game seemingly couldn't connect the servers, since that downloading doodle showed up and wouldn't go away. Had to close the game via task manager. Now my save slots remain empty no matter what I do. Also, all the fable entries get erased once I reload the game. Would appreciate any advice as to how to fix this.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please check the support FAQ.
    If the info in there doesn't fix it, please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• FAQ didn't help, so here's the report file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7cnaod

DjNDB posted: »

Please check the support FAQ. If the info in there doesn't fix it, please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It's a bug that's triggered by international characters in your windows user account.
    Please create a new Windows user account with only characters from a-z and try playing there, until it is sorted out.

Tenebricus posted: »

FAQ didn't help, so here's the report file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7cnaod

• I saw this in the FAQ, but didn't pay much heed, since my Windows user name is only using Latin alphabet. Well, it does now. Turns out, sometime in the past it had non-Latin characters in it, but then I renamed my profile and forgot about it. The folder under "Users", however, wasn't renamed. Just now I renamed it manually and edited the corresponding registry path to the new destination. Voila, the saves began to work and I lived happily ever after.

Thanks for the help.

It's a bug that's triggered by international characters in your windows user account. Please create a new Windows user account with only characters from a-z and try playing there, until it is sorted out.

• Do you know if Telltale addressed this problem officially by now? Do you know when can we expect to get a patch that will fix this?
    I don't want to use another user account to play this game. It means also installing steam there and installing the game there...It's just to much of a mess...

It's a bug that's triggered by international characters in your windows user account. Please create a new Windows user account with only characters from a-z and try playing there, until it is sorted out.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I am not aware of a specific official statement. Most of the information is conveyed by me through the support FAQ at this time, and I am in touch with support about the issues, to make sure they get noticed.
    I have no information on when a patch will be available, but i know that the issue and others mentioned in the support FAQ are being investigated.
    You shouldn't need to reinstall steam or the game. If you create another admin account, you can just run the steam.exe. You might have to navigate to it manually, since there probably won't be an icon anywhere.

krinat posted: »

Do you know if Telltale addressed this problem officially by now? Do you know when can we expect to get a patch that will fix this? I don't w

This discussion has been closed.