TWAU crashes after "click to begin"

I wanted to play TWAU on my Windows 7 laptop via Steam, but it keeps crashing after clicking at the "click to begin" message. Is it integrated Intel issues or something else?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jilfjz

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M
    Driver Date/Size: 12/4/2010 05:45:00, 9831016 bytes

Description: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)
    Date and Size: 5/18/2009 16:32:58, 381440 bytes

I am not sure what it is, but I would start with downloading and installing the latest graphics and sound drivers from the HP support page.
    Also, if you have switchable graphics, make sure the game uses Nvidia graphics.

• Thanks for the advice, typical case of "I thought updating drivers via Device Manager worked well enough"...guess not. I have updated via the HP support page, but apparently these updates don't work either (and only update till drivers from 2011). I also tried using the newest NVidia update for my graphics card, but that only results in blue screens of death. Any suggestions?

DjNDB posted: »

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M Driver Date/Size: 12/4/2010 05:45:00, 9831016 bytes Description: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digi

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I am not sure if there's much more to try if the driver update didn't work, but if you post the new support tool info with the updated drivers maybe there's new information I can work with.

BerpAB posted: »

Thanks for the advice, typical case of "I thought updating drivers via Device Manager worked well enough"...guess not. I have updated via the

• I was able to update the graphics drivers until a version of april 2013, newer versions only result in BSODs. The sound driver from 2009 is apparently not the newest one according to date, however it is the newest one according to version number (although that seems strange to me...).
    Here's the new support tool info: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cfmxrh

I am not sure if there's much more to try if the driver update didn't work, but if you post the new support tool info with the updated drivers maybe there's new information I can work with.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

One more thing you can try is replacing the prefs.prop in
    D:\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us
    with this one.

BerpAB posted: »

I was able to update the graphics drivers until a version of april 2013, newer versions only result in BSODs. The sound driver from 2009 is ap

• Unfortunately that doesn't work either. I'll keep trying some of the other suggestions around the support forums in the meantime and start saving for a new PC or something :) Thanks for the help so far, hope to see/find a solution soon and will post when it works.

One more thing you can try is replacing the prefs.prop in \Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us with this one.

This discussion has been closed.