Save files not working

I'm on a PC with Windows 7.
1.Game doesn't save
2. After losing the first fight I was returned to the corridor outside the door and was frozen except for being able to my up and down a bit.
3. No Wolf, just the corridor.
4. Hopefully there'll be a patch?

Thanks.

Comments

• tronixtronix Telltale Alumni

This can be caused by having certain special or international characters in the name of the windows user account. Please create a new Windows user account with only characters from a-z and try playing there, until it is sorted out.
    If you are running an international version of Windows XP, the name of your "my documents" folder might contain characters other than a-z. If that's the case, you can change the name of the my documents folder as a workaround until the bug is fixed.

• My path to the game is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Wolf Among Us
    Changing the name of the folder might not be a good thing as I have many other programs in there. Any ideas? Delete current and Reinstall to other destination perhaps?

Thanks.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2013

The install location is fine. Tronix was mainly referring to the name of the windows user account.
    I can take a closer look if that's unclear.
    Please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

lefthalf posted: »

My path to the game is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Wolf Among Us Changing the name of the folder might not be a good th

• Then unzip "TWAU_PC_Support_Tool.zip", run "TWAU_create_support_data.bat" and follow the instructions on the screen. Some error messages will probably show up, but that's nothing to worry about."

Unzipped file but TWAU_create_support_data.bat file did nothing when double clicked. No instructions on screen.

DjNDB posted: »

The install location is fine. Tronix was mainly referring to the name of the windows user account. I can take a closer look if that's unclear

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It should open a black command window and either show progress or other information. Please post a screenshot of that window if it appears not to work properly.

Then unzip "TWAU_PC_Support_Tool.zip", run "TWAU_create_support_data.bat" and follow the instructions on the screen. Some error messages will

• I see the window a split second and then it disappears. Tried many times with no success. PC Windows 7, 64 bit.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

The last time a user reported that, the cause was that his PATH system environment variable was not set properly anymore for unknown reasons.
    Please make sure it contains at least the default Windows paths:
    %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;

I see the window a split second and then it disappears. Tried many times with no success. PC Windows 7, 64 bit.

This discussion has been closed.