Framerate and Performance

Hi together,

the first 3-5 minutes after starting the game everything runs just fine. Good performance and frame rate. Then suddenly something happens and the whole game gets kind of slow and cumbersome. I exerperienced the same kind of problem with TWD but there rather seldom. Here it happens all the time and it is really annoying. Changing the resolution or some other of the settings changes nothing.

I'm running this game on a notebook (i7-2640 2.8Ghz, 8GB Ram, NVS 4200M) It's for sure not a real gaming notebook, but normally capable of running games way more heavy i terms of graphic.

Thanks for help.

Regards.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

There can be a couple of reasons for that. Your notebook might be overheating and throttling performance.

Also make sure that the game (and if you use it, steam) is not running in any compatibility mode.

Some users also had the games running on only one cpu core, so checking the processes affinity is worth a try.

• Thanks for the help, but neither changing the affinity or changing the priority is helping.

I monitored the system load when the game is running. The system is far from being on it's limit. Memory, CPU, IO, GPU are only used about 50%. Surprisingly, there is nor peek or something like this, when the game suddenly stops to run smooth. It's still possible to play it in normal scenes, although, not a lot of fun. What really sucks is, that one can't handle the quick time events anymore.

DjNDB posted: »

There can be a couple of reasons for that. Your notebook might be overheating and throttling performance. Also make sure that the game (and

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

With some more information i can try to find other possible causes.

Please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

Thanks for the help, but neither changing the affinity or changing the priority is helping. I monitored the system load when the game is ru

• DjNDB posted: »

With some more information i can try to find other possible causes. Please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It could be an issue with switchable graphics. Check your settings in the nvidia control panel, and look for a setting that makes your notebook always use the nvidia chip.
    You can also try plugging in the power supply and setting your windows power plan to high performance.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kz11ck Thanks.

• No, it's always running on high performance with the nvidia card. Like i wrote: The system performance seems not to be the problem according to the system load measurements.There are enough free resources when the game is running.

Well, i don't know what's the problem.

Would be nice to know, if somebody else has the same problems with this game on a T420 Thinkpad.

It could be an issue with switchable graphics. Check your settings in the nvidia control panel, and look for a setting that makes your noteboo

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I don't know either, but I'll try to list some things that might or might not help.

Please verify the game cache files.

Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (50Hz)
    Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.020Hz)

Please set your display refresh rate to 60Hz. Then try if the game runs smooth in windowed mode (Alt-Enter).

Please also try if running the game during a clean boot changes anything.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. If running the game on Steam, re-check the "Steam Client Service"
    8. Click on OK
    9. Click Restart.
    10. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your settings by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer

No, it's always running on high performance with the nvidia card. Like i wrote: The system performance seems not to be the problem according t

• I will try this. Thanks for your support.

I don't know either, but I'll try to list some things that might or might not help. Please verify the game cache files. Current Mode:

This discussion has been closed.