Login Error: Can't Connect to TellTale Servers

So I purchased the game on December 23, 2013 and had been able to successfully login a few times before the new year. Now in 2014 I've been trying to get in, but it won't let me. I'm not sure what's been happening. The beginning "The Wolf Among Us" title comes up with the "Click Anywhere to Continue" and when I click, it won't work. Immediately a screen comes up and says "Login Error: Can't Connect to TellTale Servers." I've attempted restarting my computer, uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, repairing the program, and still have had no success. Help???

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited January 2014

This may just be a simple case of making sure your internet firewall isn't blocking the game's communication with our servers. Please try adding the game to the list of allowed programs in your firewall options. Also please make sure to have a strong internet connection at the time of connection.

If you are still running into this issue, this may indicate an issue with your login information in your registry. To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

Also please make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Also, please make sure you are using the correct username/email and password. You can verify this information by logging into your account on our website. Please also note that your login credentials are case sensitive.

If you are still encountering an error message after trying these suggestions, please reply and specify the exact error message you see.

• Okay the firewall allows the game, I attempted the command window (I run on Windows 8) and the error said "The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value." Should I expect a screen to pop up like it does in Walking Dead Season 1 to ask to me to log into the game? Because I do not get that pop up. I am using the correct username and password when I log into the website.

This may just be a simple case of making sure your internet firewall isn't blocking the game's communication with our servers. Please try addi

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

You should only have to log in once usually. Then it uses the registry key, so since it doesn't ask for a login, the key should be there.

Please try once more by running the Launcher reset tool and confirm when it asks to delete the key. If it runs without error, please let me know if it asks you to login now.

If you still get the error message, please follow the instructions to run the TWAU Support Tool and post the download link to the resulting "TWAU_support_data_pc.zip" or "TWAU_support_data_mac.zip" to your next reply in this thread.

Okay the firewall allows the game, I attempted the command window (I run on Windows 8) and the error said "The system was unable to find the s

• the launcher reset tool worked! Thank you so much!

DjNDB posted: »

You should only have to log in once usually. Then it uses the registry key, so since it doesn't ask for a login, the key should be there. P

• Not working for me. I followed all instructions and nothing is working. The launcher reset tool has the same problem but it adds having to add login details which gives the same result. I swear I am entering them correctly as well!

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Over the weekend we experienced a higher than average amount of server connections due to the release of episode 5. We have resolved the issue for most people, and you should now be able to successfully log in and connect with our servers. Please try logging in again, and you should now be able to connect.

anandbasi posted: »

Not working for me. I followed all instructions and nothing is working. The launcher reset tool has the same problem but it adds having to add login details which gives the same result. I swear I am entering them correctly as well!

This discussion has been closed.