Steam TWUA unknown missing file

Hello, I purchased TWUA on Steam, and my download went fine. However, when I went to play the game, it said I was missing a file. I have verified my cache, uninstalled AVG, restarted my computer, ran as an admin, everything I could think of to try. Please help, I would love to play the game as soon as possible. Attached is TWUA support tool link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6bnbaw

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

The support tool wasn't able to read the install location, so i can't see the details.

Which file did it say was missing?

There are some files that the game needs, which sometimes are not installed properly:

Please install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package and run the DirectX updater

• It was on Steam, it just says missing executable file, no error code or anything.

DjNDB posted: »

The support tool wasn't able to read the install location, so i can't see the details. Which file did it say was missing? There are some

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2014

It seems like the game is actually not installed at all. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling it in steam. Also check you steam library manually for the games files. They should be in
    \Steam\SteamApps\common\The Wolf Among Us
    relative to your steam library

Creed1219 posted: »

It was on Steam, it just says missing executable file, no error code or anything.

• The files are there, the files are:
    _CommonRedist (folder)
    Pack (folder)
    fmodex.dll (app extension)
    steam_api.dll (app extension)
    TheWolfAmongUsInstallScript (VDF file)

DjNDB posted: »

It seems like the game is actually not installed at all. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling it in steam. Also check you steam library m

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

There should also be a TheWolfAmongUs.exe in that folder. There were reports about the latest update being flagged by some Antivirus Software's heuristics. Please update or disable your Antivirus and try verifying the game cache again. If it doesn't download the file, please try it again during a clean boot (see below).
    If it still doesn't download it, stay in the clean boot, uninstall the game, manually delete the games install folder if anything is left over, and install it again.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. If running the game on Steam, re-check the "Steam Client Service"
    8. Click on OK
    9. Click Restart.
    10. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your settings by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Type msconfig --> Press Enter
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer
    Creed1219 posted: »

The files are there, the files are: _CommonRedist (folder) Pack (folder) fmodex.dll (app extension) steam_api.dll (app extension) TheWolfAmongUsInstallScript (VDF file)

This discussion has been closed.