Episode 2 Won't Download on Mac?

I purchased the Season Pass directly from Telltale & am unable to download episode 2 on my mac. When I go to download it, I only see the "Coming Soon!" description. I have seen other users with this problem, and uninstalling then reinstalling the game has fixed it for most of them, but not for me. What do I do? I really want to play!

Comments

• Same here! It really sucks.

• Same.. did you got it to work in the meantime?
    For me it still has the same problems. ''Unable to download'', even with season pass, and ''Coming soon!''

• Same problem... Do we have to wait for the iOS release?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. We recently updated the executable, which will resolve the "Coming Soon" issue. This fix does require downloading and installing the new installation file.

To do this, first uninstall the current version of The Wolf Among US that is installed on your computer. Then login to your Telltale account, select the drop-down arrow next to your avatar, select 'My Games' and download the Mac installation file for The Wolf Among Us. When you launch the game after installing it again, Episode 2 will no longer say "Coming Soon" and any available episodes should be available to download. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you and hope you enjoy Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us.

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2014

What worked for me was deleting the syncfs folder.

First, make Mavericks show hidden folders. To do so, enter the following command in the terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true

killall Finder

Then, go to Users/Your user name/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us

Delete the syncfs folder.

You can now "re-hide" the hidden files by typing the following command in the terminal:

defaults delete com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles

killall Finder

You should now be able to download episode two.

• Hi,

Will you be sure to fix this in the next releases?

Thanks

I apologize for the inconvenience. We recently updated the executable, which will resolve the "Coming Soon" issue. This fix does require down

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

This is an isolated incident, and should not happen with future releases. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Hi, Will you be sure to fix this in the next releases? Thanks

• edited February 2014

No syncfs directory there on my Mac. Time to re-download/reinstall I suppose...

This discussion has been closed.