Getting stuck on deciding between Lawrence and Toad's apartment.

Hi, I just tried to play the first chapter and it seems to be getting stuck at the junction where I get to decide which way to go with the decision. I press D to go to Lawrence but nothing happens, so I click the icon of 'Lawrence's Apartment' and still nothing happens. Same thing on the other-side to go to Toad's Apartment. I'll try rebooting my comp and try again..... Also I was experiencing issues with some of the dialog with Episode 2. Some of the dialogs are not said, (or maybe it didn't register my click). Can't remember off the top of my head but it happened once during a convo with the Little Mermaid.

I'm running on Mac OSX Maverick and on a mac book pro, Processor is 2.9GHz intel Core i7.

Thanks, love the game!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still stuck at the decision point, please rewind to the previous checkpoint and try again.

If your Episode 2 choices aren't registering, and you are sure you are clicking them in the allotted time window you are given, can you please clarify which choices you are attempting to chose, and which dialogue is said instead of the choice you've selected?

• I am having the exact same issue of getting stuck at the choices options for the apartments between Toad and Lawrence, causing me to be stuck there since it ignores when I click or hit enter, etc. I guess i'm luckier, since this is my only problem currently. I recently installed the game, if that helps. I have rewinded my save multiple times, restarted the entire computer, reloaded the application, even cleared all the saved files and restarted, all with the same dead end.

I'm running on the exact same as you, Mac with osx Maverick, macbook, i7 core. My memory space is definitely not part of this problem, as I have a mountain of free space on my drive.

• Having the exact same problem on my iMac. Stuck at the choice between going to Toad's and Prince Lawrence's.

• I've tried this, rewound to the start of the scene in Crane's office. The same problem still arose.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still stuck at the decision point, please rewind to the previous checkpoint and try again. If

For those of you experiencing the issue of being stuck at the decisions spot, can you please clarify the exact path that you traveled to get up to this point in the Episode? Any extra details and information, can help us get to the bottom of why this is occurring, and again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Do you mean all the path of all my main choices AND those made when speaking to characters?

For those of you experiencing the issue of being stuck at the decisions spot, can you please clarify the exact path that you traveled to get u

• edited February 2014

If you mean choices in the scene, I was selecting both trying to get it to work at all.

If you mean character decisions, I played through the game several times from a new save, playing differently every time: the first run through I was more of a "good guy", the second I was generally a mix, and recently I was cruel to everyone, and I still became stuck at my choice between the apartments.

Thanks for trying to clear this up

For those of you experiencing the issue of being stuck at the decisions spot, can you please clarify the exact path that you traveled to get u

I only mean the path you took, including how long did you investigate each scene, did you choose to speed through the Episode, or did you take your time. Also, did you choose to be passive, and not speak to the characters, or did you choose to be good/bad? Any extra details and information can be important to finding the cause of this issue.

Do you mean all the path of all my main choices AND those made when speaking to characters?

Thank you for the information.

If you mean choices in the scene, I was selecting both trying to get it to work at all. If you mean character decisions, I played through t

• Ok, like the poster below I played it through as 'good guy'. I've not been as thorough as @emilyanoelle but I was very active in investigating clues and talking to all characters.

Mike, I see you've replied to me also on the new thread I started with the title "Cannot click to make choice.." can you just delete that thread (assuming I can't) and we'll talk here. It keeps all the advice in one place. Many thanks

I only mean the path you took, including how long did you investigate each scene, did you choose to speed through the Episode, or did you take

Thank you for the extra information, I have deleted your other thread.

Ok, like the poster below I played it through as 'good guy'. I've not been as thorough as @emilyanoelle but I was very active in investigating

edited February 2014

We have tried to reproduce this issue locally, and have been unsuccessful. My first suggestion would be to make sure that you are pressing either the A key or the D key to select that path, and then are clicking on the option in the middle of the screen to follow that path.

For any of you still experiencing this issue, please send us your Support Tool information in an email to our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com.

Please read this FAQ on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply in an email with the download link copied and pasted into the email. You can find the FAQ here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

I apologize for the inconvenience, after our Support Staff receives the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• I just played it through again and got the same error.

Thank you for the extra information, I have deleted your other thread.

What keys/buttons do you press when you get to the choices part?

I just played it through again and got the same error.

• I wait until the commands for either option come up and then press A or D, as advised, I've also just tried clicking. Neither works.

What keys/buttons do you press when you get to the choices part?

• So, looks like this post has taken off a bit. http://www.sendspace.com/file/jf4pdv

Here's the TWAU file you asked for. I still can't get the game to work at the decision point.

Hope this helps

Thanks

We have tried to reproduce this issue locally, and have been unsuccessful. My first suggestion would be to make sure that you are pressing eit

• Here's the download link you asked for, hopefully it helps with the problem.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/3buyex

Thank You

We have tried to reproduce this issue locally, and have been unsuccessful. My first suggestion would be to make sure that you are pressing eit

• Im having this problem too. Very frustrating. I've gone back to the library/office and went through with some slightly different repines and I'm still stuck.

• Im also playing on a mac and having the same problem..
    Love the game and I cant wait to continue!

• I am experiencing the same issue.
    I followed your request about the "support tool".
    Here are link to the files i got by launching the tool on my system.
    Hope you can manage to solve it.
    File 1:
    File Name: data.txt
    File Size: 14.5 KB
    Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hl2bg7
    Delete File Link: http://www.sendspace.com/delete/hl2bg7/8189aca504f8dd7942c0fa61de5bc375

File 2:
    File Name: system_information.txt
    File Size: 6.6 KB
    Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/iuh4ib
    Delete File Link: http://www.sendspace.com/delete/iuh4ib/315a328fca8e8760a8e2b8ae6d622680

File 3:
    File Name: TWAU_support_data_mac.zip
    File Size: 5.7 KB
    Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/t880ry
    Delete File Link: http://www.sendspace.com/delete/t880ry/d5eede10106548542d31fa0c692cb0aa

• Exact same issue here. I thought I was going crazy until I found this thread with others describing the same problem.

I'm running an iMac OSX 10.9.1, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM.

I prepaid for the entire season a month or so ago and had a copy of the game downloaded, but found that it crashed each time after attempting to open it and start a game. I deleted the old copy, downloaded a new one from the TTG website, and played through Episode 1 up until this decision point with no problems.

As Bigby and Snow leave Ichabod's office and the decision point mentioned above is reached, all I can manage to do is get Bigby to look to the left and right as the associated dialog for each option plays. I can highlight both destinations independently with my cursor, but clicking on them has no effect. Pressing A and D, as mentioned above, only has Bigby turn his head slightly as the graphic and audio for each potential change. Pressing A or D will not force a decision to take place.

I've tried: repeatedly clicking each choice, pressing A and D, minimizing and attempting the same maneuvers, replaying Episode 1 (both in its entirety and from the previous checkpoint), and reinstalling. All have no effect.

I'm alarmed that someone mentioned above that this problem couldn't be duplicated since it's clearly very real. I'll admit that I'm pretty frustrated, having had some sort of significant technical issue with TWD1, TWD2, and now TWAU. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can any of you please clarify what resolution you are currently playing in, inside the game when you go to the Options menu under Video Settings?

• 1024x768 - I think that was the default.
    Also running it on a MacBook Pro OS X 10.9.1, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB if that helps

Can any of you please clarify what resolution you are currently playing in, inside the game when you go to the Options menu under Video Settings?

• I went back and tried the decision again with every resolution thinking it might have something to do with the aspect ratio but I was still unable to get past that point.

nikosuave posted: »

1024x768 - I think that was the default. Also running it on a MacBook Pro OS X 10.9.1, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB if that helps

• Mine is: 2560X1440

• Did you take a look to the files i posted?

I have looked over your support tool data, and your system does not look like the issue. Please note that we are currently looking into this issue, and hope to have more information for you soon.

LucaLupo posted: »

Did you take a look to the files i posted?

• It's really frustrating. Please do it quickly...

I have looked over your support tool data, and your system does not look like the issue. Please note that we are currently looking into this issue, and hope to have more information for you soon.

• I'm on a macbook pro and experiencing this issue. When playing on my pc it didn't get stuck.

We have found this issue to be Mac specific. We are currently looking into the issue, and apologize for any difficulties as we find a resolution to it. For now, the workaround for this issue, is to delete Episode 2 from your game/file structure and you will be able to complete that specific section in Episode 1. Then re-download Episode 2, and you will be able to continue your save file normally from there.

• I'm running Mavericks, 10.9.1 and have the same issue. Choosing either gets me nowhere. I have a video that I can show you the problem. If you give me an email, I can send it.

• Its obviously a Mac issue.

smithduke posted: »

I'm running Mavericks, 10.9.1 and have the same issue. Choosing either gets me nowhere. I have a video that I can show you the problem. If you give me an email, I can send it.

• How can i delete the episode?
    I can't find the game/file structure on my iMac.
    Any hints?

We have found this issue to be Mac specific. We are currently looking into the issue, and apologize for any difficulties as we find a resoluti

Currently, there is a workaround:

Please go to your Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us and move the SyncFs folder to your desktop (you do not need to delete it). Then launch the game and you will be able to make the choice of going to Prince Lawrence’s or Toad’s apartment. After completing Episode 1, close the game, and move the SyncFs folder back to the original location. Moving the SyncFs folder back will allow you to play Episode 2 and any upcoming episodes

LucaLupo posted: »

How can i delete the episode? I can't find the game/file structure on my iMac. Any hints?

Currently, there is a workaround:

Please go to your Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us and move the SyncFs folder to your desktop (you do not need to delete it). Then launch the game and you will be able to make the choice of going to Prince Lawrence’s or Toad’s apartment. After completing Episode 1, close the game, and move the SyncFs folder back to the original location. Moving the SyncFs folder back will allow you to play Episode 2 and any upcoming episodes

smithduke posted: »

Its obviously a Mac issue.

• edited February 2014

For those of you experiencing this issue on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks):

There are two Application Support folders, one under the hard drive and another under your user folder, which is hidden by default:

Mavericks Screeny

Details

• Thanks! Worked perfectly.

flyingfox posted: »

For those of you experiencing this issue on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks): There are two Application Support folders, one under the hard drive and

• Mike, for some reason I have no such item in my Application support. Does anyone have (or not have, rather) the same?

Currently, there is a workaround: Please go to your Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us and move the SyncFs folder

• Nevermind. I did the show all files command in terminal.

Mike, for some reason I have no such item in my Application support. Does anyone have (or not have, rather) the same?

I apologize for missing a step in the process. I hope you were able to successfully play and enjoy the game!

Nevermind. I did the show all files command in terminal.

This discussion has been closed.