Mac Won't Download Episode 2

Hi, there. I bought TWAU directly from Telltale on my Mac and it's not uploading the new episode. There's already a forum with people saying were supposed to just restart the game and it should work, but as far as I know, that hasn't been working for a lot of people. I really want to play your game, so please respond soon! I think a lot of us would love to hear another way to solve this.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify if you see 'Coming Soon' on Episode 2, or you are receiving an error when attempting to download the game? Any extra information can help us resolve the issue you are experiencing.

• It just said coming soon, like nothing was coming in at all. But actually, this forum I was in found a different way to get it that worked. You just completely redownload the game and it works...or at least it has so far. I'm downloading right now...I still don't know what the first problem was though. This is defiantly taking longer but hopefully it works.

Can you please clarify if you see 'Coming Soon' on Episode 2, or you are receiving an error when attempting to download the game? Any extra information can help us resolve the issue you are experiencing.

I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing. If you are receiving the 'Coming Soon' message when on the Episodes Menu, and if you have downloaded the game through our website, please uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the game from our website, and you will be able to play Episode 2. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Please note that your save games will not be harmed in the process.

Beanerzz posted: »

It just said coming soon, like nothing was coming in at all. But actually, this forum I was in found a different way to get it that worked. Yo

• i have tried that and it has not worked. I have a mac and now I've lost my save data and still don't have episode 2

I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing. If you are receiving the 'Coming Soon' message when on the Episodes Menu, and if you ha

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please explain the steps you took to uninstall and reinstall the game? Please be sure that you use the uninstaller to completely uninstall the game's files, and then download the game's installer again from our website in your My Games page on our website. Then install the game using the new installer. You should now be able to download Episode 2 from within the game.

i have tried that and it has not worked. I have a mac and now I've lost my save data and still don't have episode 2

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2014

What worked for me was deleting the syncfs folder.

First, make Mavericks show hidden folders. To do so, enter the following command in the terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true

killall Finder

Then, go to Users/Your user name/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/The Wolf Among Us

Delete the syncfs folder.

You can now "re-hide" the hidden files by typing the following command in the terminal:

defaults delete com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles

killall Finder

You should now be able to download episode two.

• Where do I get the uninstaller? I just dragged and dropped the program into my Trash.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please explain the steps you took to uninstall and reinstall the game? Please be sure that you use

There should be an option to uninstall the game when you hit your Windows Start button, and click on All Programs and then Telltale Games, and then The Wolf Among Us, you should see the option to uninstall the game.

rlorenzo posted: »

Where do I get the uninstaller? I just dragged and dropped the program into my Trash.

• i went into my mac finder deleted the app like i should and redownloaded i; however the out come is always the same. I am getting the coming soon for episode 2

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please explain the steps you took to uninstall and reinstall the game? Please be sure that you use

• That didn't work for me either, but deleting the syncfs folder as explained below did.

i went into my mac finder deleted the app like i should and redownloaded i; however the out come is always the same. I am getting the coming soon for episode 2

• tried this, but still hasn't worked

Macfly77 posted: »

What worked for me was deleting the syncfs folder. First, make Mavericks show hidden folders. To do so, enter the following command in the

Please make sure that you are deleting any files associated with The Wolf Among Us from your computer in order to have a fresh/clean install when reinstalling it using the new installer from our website.

tried this, but still hasn't worked

• i tried everything and nothing is working for me

Please make sure that you are deleting any files associated with The Wolf Among Us from your computer in order to have a fresh/clean install when reinstalling it using the new installer from our website.

If none of the above suggestions have worked for you, please read this FAQ on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the FAQ here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing, after receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

i tried everything and nothing is working for me

• I am on a Mac and I spent two hours restarting, deleting SyncF folders, re-downloading the app from the telltale site, and everything else suggested on this site. Nothing has worked, it still has Coming Soon. I am extremely frustrated, and I have nothing left to try. I can't believe after four months, Telltale couldn't work these kinks out. It's absolutely ridiculous. I have lost all my progress in the game because i deleted every file associated with Wolf Among Us.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have tried all of our suggested solutions and you are still unable to play the game, please contact/email our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance. Make sure to let support know what you've already tried all of my suggested solutions.

I am on a Mac and I spent two hours restarting, deleting SyncF folders, re-downloading the app from the telltale site, and everything else sug

• If none of the above suggestions have worked for you, please read this FAQ on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the too

• I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. So instead I'm going to wait for your Inevitable Patch/Update that will fix all these issues.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have tried all of our suggested solutions and you are still unable to play the game, please contact/

This discussion has been closed.