Login Error - Can't Communicate.... blah blah

Tried all suggestions. Deleted the registry, checked and added to firewall exceptions, ran the batch files, changed the password to simple text and numbers (ridiculous btw). The game still throws me the LOGIN ERROR: Can't communicate with Telltale servers. This is the worst DRM ever!

I'm dying to the play the second episode and I can't because of this stupid error. Should have just bought the game on Steam.

Please help.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Some users have tried the registry delete, and have come up with errors. Please make sure that when you are inputting the registry delete, that you are not copying over any spaces before or after the command line. Here is the process again, just in case it is different from what you've tried:

To correct this, please open a command window (Below are instructions on how to open a command window).

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

If this does not help, please run the support tool that can be found here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After running it, please copy and paste the download link to the uploaded file in a reply to this thread, and I will be able to assist you further. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• I'm stuck with the same problem, i've tried everything mentioned but it didnt work.
    I really wanna play this game, please help !

• can you check mine? please..
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/2o25uq

Some users have tried the registry delete, and have come up with errors. Please make sure that when you are inputting the registry delete, tha

• Yeah me too..just purchased the game and tried everything in the support page. Nothing seems to work. Please help!

The known solution for the 'Login Error Can't connect to Telltale Servers' is to delete your registry. Please follow the steps I've listed above to delete your registry, and try logging in again. If this does not resolve the issue, please try logging in and alternating between your email address and your user name, and you should be able to log in. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

• Yeah, I've tried all that too. And my registry delete was successful but it still won't connect. Could you check mine as well, please? http://www.sendspace.com/file/1v7yyc

I apologize for any difficulties you have experience, if you have tried the registry delete, and have tried logging in with both your user name and your email address, can you please clarify that your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have an " or \ or any non-ASCII characters in your password, please login to your account on our website and change your password.

Yeah, I've tried all that too. And my registry delete was successful but it still won't connect. Could you check mine as well, please? http://www.sendspace.com/file/1v7yyc

• Only letters and numbers, I swear.

I apologize for any difficulties you have experience, if you have tried the registry delete, and have tried logging in with both your user nam

You may also be experiencing this because our servers are being overwhelmed by login requests, and please know you should eventually be able to log in after a few tries. Again, I apologize for any difficulties you've experienced.

Only letters and numbers, I swear.

• edited February 2014

So, I really do appreciate that you're trying to help but this seems like a really inefficient solution. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, used the registry delete successfully, and logging in multiple times throughout the day using both my e-mail and user name and I'm getting the same error message. Am I just supposed to wait a few days or weeks until less people are using the game? That sounds crazy to me, people have been waiting months for this game and the reviews/adverts have only made it more popular so of course a ton of people are logging in right now--especially those who have season passes (like me). Again, I am grateful that you're trying to help but I just don't see how fruitlessly logging in over and over is a solution.

P.S. As of 02/13/14 I STILL CANNOT PLAY THE GAME. This is what I mean by ineffective solution! It's been what, a week and a half now? How long do I have to wait to just download episode 2?

You may also be experiencing this because our servers are being overwhelmed by login requests, and please know you should eventually be able to log in after a few tries. Again, I apologize for any difficulties you've experienced.

• I've done this at least 6 times by now. Still doesn't work. Can't change password either because it says i'm "Unauthorized"

If you guys want to punish your customers so much with fruitless DRMS that only drive people away from purchasing your games, you should have gone with Rockstar's DRM, GFWL or Origin.

Some users have tried the registry delete, and have come up with errors. Please make sure that when you are inputting the registry delete, tha

• edited February 2014

Ok so I have tried everything listed above with no luck. Deleting the registry just delayed the cannot connect to Telltale Servers error. Instead of giving it to me as soon as I opened the game it lets me input my email/username (I've tried both) and password before throwing the error at me. After running the support app and reading the outputs it appears as if I don't have the game installed at all or at least it was unable to find it. This is slightly concerning considering I've already played through episode 1 and wanted to continue with that play through. Here is a link to the support app output. Hopefully someone can help me.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3qgdpm

UPDATE-

Uninstalled-> Reinstalled with no luck.

This is unbelievably frustrating because when I first downloaded the game in October I was having log-in issues. I purchased a season's pass which just makes it worse that I'm unable to play the game. I realize you have limited staff and you're already off developing a borderlands game, but customer support is key here. Can I please get some help here?

• Ok I emailed customer support and they did an awesome job of getting back to me. Unfortunately the original email did not give any new suggestions but I tried it all again. What ended up working for me was repeatedly logging in alternating between my username and email. After about 5 tries it worked. Figured I'd let anyone who was still having trouble know.

Ok so I have tried everything listed above with no luck. Deleting the registry just delayed the cannot connect to Telltale Servers error. In

Apologies for any difficulties you have experienced. I'm glad you are now able to play the game, and thank you for posting the information of how you got it running.

Ok I emailed customer support and they did an awesome job of getting back to me. Unfortunately the original email did not give any new sugges

• I've been doing that for a week and a half now and I'm still unable to play the game. Color me jealous. :/

Ok I emailed customer support and they did an awesome job of getting back to me. Unfortunately the original email did not give any new sugges

My next suggestion for you would be to make sure you do not have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game from communicating with our servers.

I've been doing that for a week and a half now and I'm still unable to play the game. Color me jealous.

• How could it when I've already played episode 1? I don't have any anti-virus programs. It's been WEEKS, dude, WEEKS now that I haven't been able to play the game.

My next suggestion for you would be to make sure you do not have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game from communicating with our servers.

Please take a screenshot of your registry and attach it to an email to our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and we will be able to assist you further. To find your registry, click on Start at the lower left of your screen, in the search field type "regedit" and press enter. On the left-hand pane of the registry select the arrow next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, now select the arrow next to Software, and then select the arrow next to Telltale Games. Click once on the Launcher folder and on the right hand pane you should now see a couple entries, one will be titled 'login' the other will be titled 'pwd.' Please take a screenshot of this screen and attach it to your email as a .jpg or .png. We will look to verify the information to make sure your registry is correct.

How could it when I've already played episode 1? I don't have any anti-virus programs. It's been WEEKS, dude, WEEKS now that I haven't been able to play the game.

This discussion has been closed.