No sound in Episode 2

Hello everyone, I recently installed episode 2 and everything was working fine except one thing. I can't hear anything! I can't hear Bigby or the female cop talking, nor can I hear the sound effects. I went to the settings but it claims that the sound is on level 10. I can't even hear the background music, only the main menu.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify whether you are playing on a PC or Mac? Also, please read this FAQ on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this thread with the download link copied and pasted into the reply. You can find the FAQ here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing, after receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

• Dear Mike,

I have followed the steps on my PC, what should I do next? I'm very grateful that your helping me with this.

Can you please clarify whether you are playing on a PC or Mac? Also, please read this FAQ on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps

• I still can't hear sounds.

Dear Mike, I have followed the steps on my PC, what should I do next? I'm very grateful that your helping me with this.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Have you run our Support Tool? It should have output a file. Then you will need to upload it to a file hosting website (directions are in the link I've provided.) After you've uploaded the file, please reply in this thread with the download link copied and pasted into your reply, and I will be able to download your Support Tool data and assist you further.

I still can't hear sounds.

• I apologize for the inconvenience. Have you run our Support Tool? It should have output a file. Then you will need to upload it to a file host

After looking over your Support Tool, it seems your playing on a laptop with an Integrated graphics card. As this may be the underlying issue, I recommend that you update your graphics card's drivers to the latest version. I also recommend updating your sound card's drivers to their latest version if you haven't already as this may be and issue with your sound card not being updated to the latest driver version. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes, and hope this will resolve your issue.

http://fs03u.sendspace.com/upload?SPEED_LIMIT=0&MAX_FILE_SIZE=314572800&UPLOAD_IDENTIFIER=1325712142.1391749150.18F21CA1.18.0&DEST

• How do I update the graphic card? Or the sound card?

After looking over your Support Tool, it seems your playing on a laptop with an Integrated graphics card. As this may be the underlying issue,

• Where do I have to go to update my graphics card? My Computer? The game itself? A website?

How do I update the graphic card? Or the sound card?

edited February 2014

Please follow the steps in this Microsoft Support webpage on how to update your drivers:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166774

Please note it will also be the same for updating your video card, although depending on the brand, you may have to go to the graphics card's manufacturer's website.

Where do I have to go to update my graphics card? My Computer? The game itself? A website?

• The instructions tell me that my sound card is updated. I went to my game and it's STILL not working. Is there a Plan B?

Please follow the steps in this Microsoft Support webpage on how to update your drivers: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166774 Please n

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Can you please clarify if you are able to hear sound in Episode 1, but you are unable to hear sound in Episode 2? Please delete the SyncFs folder within your file directory for The Wolf Among Us, and then relaunch the game. If this does not work, please uninstall the game, and download the new installer from our website, then using that new installer, reinstall the game and try relaunching the second episode.

The instructions tell me that my sound card is updated. I went to my game and it's STILL not working. Is there a Plan B?

• It says everything's fine. I don't think it's my Windows 7; my lap top.

The instructions tell me that my sound card is updated. I went to my game and it's STILL not working. Is there a Plan B?

Posting this again, just in case you didn't see the last one (it seems we replied at the same time)

Can you please clarify if you are able to hear sound in Episode 1, but you are unable to hear sound in Episode 2? Please delete the SyncFs folder within your file directory for The Wolf Among Us, and then relaunch the game. If this does not work, please uninstall the game, and download the new installer from our website, then using that new installer, reinstall the game and try relaunching the second episode.

It says everything's fine. I don't think it's my Windows 7; my lap top.

• It's just episode 2, I checked episode 1 and the sound is just fine. Do I still have to do this? Does this mean that my progress will be deleted as well.

Posting this again, just in case you didn't see the last one (it seems we replied at the same time) Can you please clarify if you are able

If you try either of these suggestions, your save files should remain unharmed in the process.

It's just episode 2, I checked episode 1 and the sound is just fine. Do I still have to do this? Does this mean that my progress will be deleted as well.

• I did both of them, AND IT'S STILL NOT WORKING! I'm lost, I don't know what to do anymore.

If you try either of these suggestions, your save files should remain unharmed in the process.

The only other suggestion I have for you is to plug headphones into your audio jack, and see if the sound outputs successfully from there. If it does not, please contact our Support Staff at Support@telltalegames.com for further assistance regarding this issue. I apologize I couldn't be of more help.

I did both of them, AND IT'S STILL NOT WORKING! I'm lost, I don't know what to do anymore.

• My headphones work just fine but the sound is still not there. What should be the next step?

The only other suggestion I have for you is to plug headphones into your audio jack, and see if the sound outputs successfully from there. If

• how do you uninstall the game? so i can reinstall it?

The only other suggestion I have for you is to plug headphones into your audio jack, and see if the sound outputs successfully from there. If

You should be able to uninstall the game by clicking the Windows Start button, and going to All Programs. Then scroll down until you see Telltale Games, and click on it. Once you open the Telltale Games folder, you should see The Wolf Among Us folder. Click on that folder, and you should have the option of uninstalling it.

Dunn_dada posted: »

how do you uninstall the game? so i can reinstall it?

• I contacted SupportStaff and they haven't responded with my messages in two days! They linked me to this website for helping iPads! IPADS! Will someone just please help me get some sound please?! This is beyond disappointing, nothing is working.

Dunn_dada, were you able to hear sound?

You should be able to uninstall the game by clicking the Windows Start button, and going to All Programs. Then scroll down until you see Tellt

• I tried for the fifth time uninstall and re stalling the game. Still the same result.

I contacted SupportStaff and they haven't responded with my messages in two days! They linked me to this website for helping iPads! IPADS! Wil

• yes i do have sound, however I cannot get episode 2 also it lags and my picture has a large black glitch in it.

I contacted SupportStaff and they haven't responded with my messages in two days! They linked me to this website for helping iPads! IPADS! Wil

• I have a mac...

You should be able to uninstall the game by clicking the Windows Start button, and going to All Programs. Then scroll down until you see Tellt

I apologize for the inconvenience. We recently updated the executable, which will resolve the "Coming Soon" issue. This fix does require downloading and installing the new installation file.

To do this, first uninstall the current version of The Wolf Among US that is installed on your computer. Then login to your Telltale account, select the drop-down arrow next to your avatar, select 'My Games' and download the Mac installation file for The Wolf Among Us. When you launch the game after installing it again, Episode 2 will no longer say "Coming Soon" and any available episodes should be available to download. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you and hope you enjoy Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us.

Dunn_dada posted: »

I have a mac...

• I would really like this problem resolved. I have exactly the problem that French-Toast-Mafia and Dunn_dada report above (I am using a PC like F-T-M), which I think is also the same as the one jannar85 reports here: there is no sound in Episode 2. I played Episode 1 without problem, but the sound has never worked in Episode 2. The sound still works in the menu system and if I go back to Episode 1, but with Episode 2 I just get silence.

I have followed the suggestions above, but uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times has made no difference. Have you any further suggests about what to do?

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

ianrc posted: »

I would really like this problem resolved. I have exactly the problem that French-Toast-Mafia and Dunn_dada report above (I am using a PC li

• Thanks for your help. I ran the tool: here's the data

I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply h

My apologies, after looking over your Support Tool information, there does not seem to be any issues with your file structure, or system specifications. You may also have received an incomplete, or corrupted download file for Episode 2. I recommend you delete the episode, and re-download it. To do this, please open the following file directory:

C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us\SyncFs\

In there, you will find the Data, Meta, and Temp folders. Open the Data folder, and delete the Fables102 folder. Then inside the Meta folder, delete the Fables102.json file. Then restart the game, and re-download the episode. (Please also make sure that you have disabled any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may interfere with the download completing successfully. Then restart the game, and restart the Episode, and the issue should be resolved.

Thanks for your help. I ran the tool: here's the data

• This worked! As I mentioned above, I had previously attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but this didn't make any difference. Deleting the folder and file that you specified and redownloading the episode sorted the problem and I now have sound and can continue the game. Thanks for solving my problem.

My apologies, after looking over your Support Tool information, there does not seem to be any issues with your file structure, or system spe

You're welcome! Enjoy the game!

This worked! As I mentioned above, I had previously attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but this didn't make any difference. D

This discussion has been closed.