Black background/Limited Graphics

I downloaded episode 2 "Smoke and Mirrors", but when I start it up, the background goes black - and I can only see the characters.
On top of that, there is also other problems, with specific characters for example I can only see the eyes and teeth of the interviewer in the beginning, the rest blends in with the black background.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rq7lls Please help!

Comments

• I have the exact same problem as carstenwf, except I have no sound Either. Episode one played perfectly.

I'm running a W7 PC. I bought the game through Telltale games. Just updated my graphics driver and audio driver.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/y1g5av

Thank you in advance.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please uninstall and reinstall the game, and the issue should be resolved. Please note that uninstalling the game should not harm your save files.

• Did it twice, also installed it on a different computer, still exact same issue, could something have gone wrong with the download of the second episode.

Please uninstall and reinstall the game, and the issue should be resolved. Please note that uninstalling the game should not harm your save files.

That may be the issue, unfortunately, if it does not work, I noticed that you are playing on a computer with an integrated graphics card. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your graphics card currently has 64mb of dedicated memory. I noticed your graphics card's drivers haven't been updated in a while. I recommend updating your drivers by going to the manufacturer's website, and installing the latest driver version. If you are unable to, I recommend either upgrading your graphics card, or playing on a supported system. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

WiiX2 posted: »

Did it twice, also installed it on a different computer, still exact same issue, could something have gone wrong with the download of the second episode.

• edited February 2014

Hey Mike,

I don't mind not playing on the laptop, but I installed it on my other system which is an i7 with a separate NVIDIA GTX 560 with 1024 RAM and 32 GB RAM, so I'm presuming it's not a system shortcoming. I recently updated the graphics driver on it as well. If you need I can post the "support tool specs"of that as well.

I transferred the saved files from my laptop. I can delete them and don't mind playing the first episode again, and try reinstalling the game again.

Is there a way to uninstall the second episode, and try to download it again, as something might have gone wrong with the download. Also could you give me link from where I can download a fresh install?

Thank you for your efforts

That may be the issue, unfortunately, if it does not work, I noticed that you are playing on a computer with an integrated graphics card. Wher

I apologize for the inconvenience. You should be able to delete the episode's files from within the file structure, and then download a new installer from our website. To download a new installer, click on the downward facing arrow at the top right of the webpage, and then click My Games from the drop down menu. Once on the My Games page, you can click on the game you wish to download, and then click on the download link to start downloading the installer.

If you choose to uninstall and reinstall the game, please note that your save files should not be harmed, if you choose to use them.

Hey Mike, I don't mind not playing on the laptop, but I installed it on my other system which is an i7 with a separate NVIDIA GTX 560 with

• Thank you for your answer. Regarding the episode 2 files, where are they located? Program filex, program files x86 or in my documents?

I apologize for the inconvenience. You should be able to delete the episode's files from within the file structure, and then download a new in

I apologize for the confusion, you should not have to re-download the second episode of the game. You should be able to uninstall the game, and then reinstall the game using the new installer that you download from our website. Please note your save games will be unharmed if you choose to do this.

Thank you for your answer. Regarding the episode 2 files, where are they located? Program filex, program files x86 or in my documents?

• Thank you Mike. I'll just right a quick description of what happened, perhaps it helps carstenwf. The episode either didn't download or install correctly. Your comment about uninstalling the second episode made me search for how to do that. In a unrelated post you advised someone to delete their SynFs file from my documents (at least that's where i found them), and then the game would download episode 2 again. I did that, the game crashed, so I reinstalled it, it downloaded episode 2 again, and installed it, now everything is fine. Thank you very much for your help Mike, looking forward to enjoying the awesome game. Cheers

There are different solutions for different situations, but I'm glad you are able to play. Enjoy the game!

Thank you Mike. I'll just right a quick description of what happened, perhaps it helps carstenwf. The episode either didn't download or insta

• Was uninstalling the second episode the only sollution? If so how did you do that? Where are those files located?
    I have tried re-installing the whole game, as TelltaleMike mentioned, which unfortunately did not change anything.

Thank you Mike. I'll just right a quick description of what happened, perhaps it helps carstenwf. The episode either didn't download or insta

Please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51153/twau-support-tool

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing, after receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

carstenwf posted: »

Was uninstalling the second episode the only sollution? If so how did you do that? Where are those files located? I have tried re-installing the whole game, as TelltaleMike mentioned, which unfortunately did not change anything.

• This one, posted in the decription? http://www.sendspace.com/file/rq7lls
    Or what do you mean?

Please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link c

Yes, thank you for running the Support Tool. If uninstalling, and then reinstalling did not fix it for you, please make sure that your graphics card's drivers are updated to the latest version. If the issue remains unresolved, please try launching the game by choosing to 'Run as Admin', or try playing in a Compatibility Mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME).

carstenwf posted: »

This one, posted in the decription? http://www.sendspace.com/file/rq7lls Or what do you mean?

This discussion has been closed.