Any guys in this thread gonna play girl Jesse on first Playthough?

Most of the time when I play a game where you can choose you're character's sex/appearance, I always be honest with myself and make my character look as much like me as possible (besides Mass Effect because there create a character is terrible), but after playing games where they have a more interesting female version of the PC than the Male version, ala Mass Effect and Persona 3 Portable, I might just first play as girl Jesse first just to see how it is. Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• I'll probably just do the default Jesse we've seen in the trailers just cause.

• No way! All 3 of the female Jesse look ugly in my opinion. :P

• Yeah, maybe. If MSM is worth a second playthrough, then I'll definitely play as her.

• edited September 2015

I'm probably going to pick the first girl. (The one with the yellow thing in her hair)

• I'm going to use the male Jesse with the black shirt, as I think his design looks interesting.

I'll probably just do the default Jesse we've seen in the trailers just cause.

• First playthrough? Probably not since the girls don't look very interesting, the original male Jesse still seems to be the most interesting one, but on another playthrough I'll probably try one of the girls.

• On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm going to play as male Jesse on my first playthrough, even though I usually play as a female character if I'm given a choice. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm a fan of Patton Oswalt, and want to hear his take on the character first. :)

• edited September 2015

I kind of want to, but Patton Oswalt, man! URGH! its tough to choose, but i'll definitely pick Girl Jesse on my second playthrough.

• Has there been any footage of Female Jesse yet? Who knows, maybe she's just as entertaining, if not more.

All of these point of views you all have given are very interesting, however.

• I wonder if the different characters will have different VAs. Like all 6 have different ones.

• edited September 2015

Not yet. She wasn't avaliable in the beta they showed off at PAX. I'm sure she is just as entertaining but Patton Oswalt is going to get more attention since he's much more well known,but who knows there might be a turn around and people will decide to stick with Catherine Taber's character.

tintin1029 posted: »

Has there been any footage of Female Jesse yet? Who knows, maybe she's just as entertaining, if not more. All of these point of views you all have given are very interesting, however.

• Nah, I highly doubt it.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I wonder if the different characters will have different VAs. Like all 6 have different ones.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited September 2015

Nope, they've already confirmed that Patton will play all 3 males and Catherine will play all 3 females.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I wonder if the different characters will have different VAs. Like all 6 have different ones.

• If t counts I'll play as female Jesse in my alternate choices save.

• On my second playthough, I will play a female Jesse. I know the actress from several games and I find her quite good. I wonder if there will be different dialogue depending on who you play.

• I'm going to go female Jessie on my first playthrough. To be honest, I generally find female protagonists to be more interesting than male protagonists, even when there's little difference, storywise.

• No. Extra girl models do not look good at all. First, I thought they depicts more males. Except the one who resembles Michael Jackson.

Jesse is a guy from first teaser.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

I think both voice actors bring their own unique spark to the character, which I feel will make replays all the more fun. :)

• Considering we haven't seen anything other than a few screenshots, I think it's too early to judge just yet.

Omid's cat posted: »

No. Extra girl models do not look good at all. First, I thought they depicts more males. Except the one who resembles Michael Jackson. Jesse is a guy from first teaser.

• edited September 2015

That's basically what I think. Even though Femshep says almost the exact same thing that Broshep says, she's more interesting due to the fact that she's a women and doing the same thing the male version would do.

And that Jennifer Hale is a way better voice actor.

Cpt. Sqweky posted: »

I'm going to go female Jessie on my first playthrough. To be honest, I generally find female protagonists to be more interesting than male protagonists, even when there's little difference, storywise.

• I know! DudeShep's voice actor makes me want to fall asleep. He sounds bored the entire time!

That's basically what I think. Even though Femshep says almost the exact same thing that Broshep says, she's more interesting due to the fac

• I will play "FemJesse" because everyone and their mother plays the male version. xD

• You mean "FemJess"? lol

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I will play "FemJesse" because everyone and their mother plays the male version. xD

• I dont. lol

You mean "FemJess"? lol

• edited October 2015

To be honest, when you see male Youtubers generally picking male characters in choices due they reason it as being male.

It makes one question if those who pick females actually are doing it because of "how they look" or because they kind of identify as such.

Anyway, I'm of course picking female character. Because I can kind of identify as one.

P.S. Thank god for Geek Remix.

Edit: I should probably pay more attention about context, in this case "guys" referred to males.

• edited October 2015

Picking female only because of "watching their butts is better than males'" is ridiculous IMO. (that's the excuse I've heard countless times) Butt I like to playthrough games where you can choose gender twice at least. The converstations change, some choices, romance options (obviously, butt sometimes not).

But-t I can't decide, maybe I will too.

• Geek Remix, yes!

Sorry, just excited to see someone mention them here. ~

Clord posted: »

To be honest, when you see male Youtubers generally picking male characters in choices due they reason it as being male. It makes one que

• I just personally think that most female versions of create a characters are more interesting than most male versions. I guess it's the fact that they're doing mostly the same thing and saying the same thing that the guy is, but she's a girl so it looks and sounds cooler, because back then female characters weren't known for being just as capable of being badass as the male action hero, unfortunately.

Clord posted: »

To be honest, when you see male Youtubers generally picking male characters in choices due they reason it as being male. It makes one que

• If my audience would want me to, I probably would. I do like the unisex name though for it, quite interesting.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.