Question about " What is this game ? "

where they quote
"You will drive how the story flows through the decisions you make:"
sounds to me like this game is all video/STORY and little to no game with the exception of multi-choice decisions and you watch what happens.

Well, that good if the other 4 episodes are free or really inexpensive as there is no information listed as to "length of each episode, how much actual interactivity, additional episode cost. ?

I really think that a little more info regarding this STORY should be released, or people cold end up paying £60+ for all the additional episodes for a video STORY of just a few hours like some recent so called games.

Dubious

HD.

Comments

• edited September 2015

The game will be $25 not full price. Each episode is basically $5. If you're on PC then you'll be paying for the whole thing. If you're on console then you can buy episode by episode.

Each episode will probably be an average 2 hours.

It's a point and click game. There will be moments where you will pick dialogue and will be given choices, but there will also be areas that allow you to walk around and explore/look at stuff.

The story is that you play as Jesse who is going to a convention called Endercon with your pet pig Reuben but a massive calamity happens and it's up to you and your group of friends to stop whatever is happening. (They can't give more because of spoilers).

Unless you haven't played any of Telltales recent games then you should already know most of this information, and if you are new then Welcome to the club! Please don't be a dick.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited September 2015

Minecraft Story Mode is a point and click adventure game where you make decisions which may affect aspect of the story, you will have dialogue prompts so you can choose what your character is saying and there will be major decisions along the way which may affect the story in the long run, there will also be some quick time events like fighting zombies and possibly other mob monsters.

The full retail price for the game is £23.49 on Amazon and that includes access to all 5 episodes without any extra cost, you will also be able to purchase it via digital download for around the same price. Most Telltale episodes are around 90 mins to 2 hours in length, there is some more information in the official FAQ on the Minecraft Story Mode website which you may find useful.

I really think that a little more info regarding this STORY should be released

Telltale don't want to spoil the game before it has been released but they have given a brief synopsis about the story.

You are Jesse. He and his group of friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone; four adventurers that slayed an Ender Dragon. The Order are the very best at what they do: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect. While at EnderCon, Jesse and his friends discover that something is wrong… something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and they must set out on a journey to find The Order of the Stone if they are to save their world from oblivion.

• Telltale staff member Stripicus posted a link in my forum post give me a sec I'll repost here.

• K can't seem to link it but its the telltale blog post from september 16 posted by puzzlebox seems to address mine and others like it!

Telltale staff member Stripicus posted a link in my forum post give me a sec I'll repost here.

• this game is like the other telltale games (dialogue,point and click,etc)

• Thanks for all the info everyone, No, I've not played any of their games before, except minecraft on ps4. If what is typed here is true, then the £24 is reasonable.

Thanks all.

Heavenly.

• edited September 2015

[removed]

Thanks for all the info everyone, No, I've not played any of their games before, except minecraft on ps4. If what is typed here is true, then the £24 is reasonable. Thanks all. Heavenly.

• Or you know, it was a game lots of people liked but you don't because of your own reasons.

• Minecraft: Story Mode is the first game by Telltale set in the Minecraft universe. Minecraft was created by Mojang.

Telltale's games are story games which are based on licenses, that use characters from the licenses or new characters (which is the case here) to bring a new story to the game's world. They have their own style (which is currently choices and consequences style of game play, mostly through dialog choices, but sometimes through choices in actions), but they do try to bring some aspects of the property into the game (for instance, Minecraft: Story Mode will have a customizable character, which is a first for Telltale's games, and previews have shown that the crafting table will come into play in some fashion).

Thanks for all the info everyone, No, I've not played any of their games before, except minecraft on ps4. If what is typed here is true, then the £24 is reasonable. Thanks all. Heavenly.

• Yeah, as the mod said, Minecraft on PS4 isn't made by Telltale.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.