Turning Minecraft More Violent?

Since most of the newer titles of telltale have usually had a fair amount of foul language, gore and blood and violence, they have all been rated 18.
But I'm not sure if making a minecraft game the same (maybe slightly less violent) will give the original minecraft game a bad name. The game is a 12+ which could mean some slight bad language or heavier violence. Either way, it has been confirmed that the material will be more mature than the original game's pegs 7 rating.

Comments

• edited September 2015

Minecraft Storymode is going to be E10+ in the west (the same rating as original Minecraft on Consoles).

• Telltale tries to stay faithful to the source material they work with above all else. The only reason why Telltale's recent games have been mature is because they have been working with mature licenses in the first place and portraying the source material as it is. Minecraft isn't an M rated, bloody, violent game, and Minecraft: Story Mode won't be either.

• Minecraft: Story Mode is rated for pretty much anyone 10 any up, and so can't contain much violence.

• The only violence that I seen in the first episode were from using the sword and attacking zombies,creeps, and other monsters. Those are already in Minecraft.
    So, its pretty much safe for the family. Its like going to watch a Disney movie violence.

• are you 3legit5me

cuz if you are nukem dukem

i didnt know you had a ttg account

and i wanna say hello

NukemDukem posted: »

The only violence that I seen in the first episode were from using the sword and attacking zombies,creeps, and other monsters. Those are al

• [removed]

The only violence that I seen in the first episode were from using the sword and attacking zombies,creeps, and other monsters. Those are al

• haha yes its me I am the real NukemDukem.
    Glad to see fans here who also enjoy Telltale Games.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

are you 3legit5me cuz if you are nukem dukem i didnt know you had a ttg account and i wanna say hello

• that mugs sexier den a mug if i say so myself

haha yes its me I am the real NukemDukem. Glad to see fans here who also enjoy Telltale Games.

• You mentioned uploading a little bit more spoiler-ish review of the game, does that still stands?

• Probably after the game launches as there is still an embargo.

MarteenPyro posted: »

You mentioned uploading a little bit more spoiler-ish review of the game, does that still stands?

• edited September 2015

NukemDukem - I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I just approved to give my impressions review of the game. It will be non spoiler so, expect that sometime tonight.

He said that somewhere in the Story mode forums.

You mentioned uploading a little bit more spoiler-ish review of the game, does that still stands?

• edited September 2015

Yeah, that's why I'm curious. sarcasm or not, sometime tonight Hmmm, so hyped for this game :D

NukemDukem - I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I just approved to give my impressions review of the game. It will be non spoiler so, expect that sometime tonight. He said that somewhere in the Story mode forums.

• I am running my impressions through the proper channels to get it approved before I release the content.

• I hope it'll be done successfully! Keep up the good work, Nukem!

enter image description here

I am running my impressions through the proper channels to get it approved before I release the content.

• FFS

I hope it'll be done successfully! Keep up the good work, Nukem!

• Its up go check it out! BTW Think he was talking about a reply I gave him on the fourm I may have overeacted to a youtuber posting a "validation" that this game will rock...so yeah that happened:)

NukemDukem - I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I just approved to give my impressions review of the game. It will be non spoiler so, expect that sometime tonight. He said that somewhere in the Story mode forums.

• Yes, but here in the UK, the minecraft story mode game has doubled the age rating of the original minecraft game

Telltale tries to stay faithful to the source material they work with above all else. The only reason why Telltale's recent games have been

• Here, the game has a E10+ rating (for everyone 10 and older). I'm guessing the UK rating doesn't have the equivalent of a E10+ rating so they went up to the next highest rating instead of the next lowest rating. It doesn't mean Minecraft is going to be violent or edgy. The higher rating is most likely due to the thematic elements, such as that monster we can see on the key art.

Icewolf2002 posted: »

Yes, but here in the UK, the minecraft story mode game has doubled the age rating of the original minecraft game

• I blame the weird classifications on each countries classification board.
    In Australia the mobile versions of Minecraft are rated M for mature (due to apparent moderate violence and survival themes) yet the console and PC versions get PG. Story mode gets PG all around, and I'm pretty sure that its going to have more fight or flight moments (from the trailer) than the original game has. Logic???

Still either way, its going to be awesome :)

Here, the game has a E10+ rating (for everyone 10 and older). I'm guessing the UK rating doesn't have the equivalent of a E10+ rating so the

• 50% Comments are about Minecraft and the other ones are about NukemDukem senpai.

• enter image description here

Duck_Hunt posted: »

50% Comments are about Minecraft and the other ones are about NukemDukem senpai.

• [removed]

Duck_Hunt posted: »

50% Comments are about Minecraft and the other ones are about NukemDukem senpai.

• [removed]

• Uh, it doesn't seem to be violent, or language-y. It has some basic sword fighting, but nothing extreme. The worst thing I've seen was the Pig (Reuben) getting a black eye.

No blood at all. When Jesse kills a mob, it doesn't drop into a corpse or bleed, it just vanishes like in the game.

• or language-y.

The worst language you'll hear is "crap", "piss' and "ass".

RhysAndLee posted: »

Uh, it doesn't seem to be violent, or language-y. It has some basic sword fighting, but nothing extreme. The worst thing I've seen was the P

• That... Isn't bad at all actually.

dojo32161 posted: »

or language-y. The worst language you'll hear is "crap", "piss' and "ass".

Sign in to comment in this discussion.