Rodrick and Gwyn romance?

The first time he spoke with Gwyn I kinda felt like there was something going on there. I wonder if you leave Asher behind will they make Rodrick pick between Ealeana or Gwyn?

Comments

• It had better not! Mind you, I left Rodrik so you should ideally be able to pick too if you've got Asher, but that option better not exist period. Rodrik and Elaena are a couple and Asher and Gwyn are a couple, I will not stand for weird crossing relationships! ... I now understand why my mother used to watch soap operas so much, those character relationships really strengthen the whole thing lol

• edited September 2015

Under what circumstances would Rodrik get with Gwyn? He loves Elaena and the poor girl is screwed six ways from Sunday if he doesn't marry her... (oh how the tables have turned!)

I adore Gwyn and feel like her life is a lot more dismal than we've seen but I'm not sure how that would work. No way Elissa would accept her into the household since she's always cold as ice to her and goes off whenever she's brought up, and I don't think anyone else would be happy to have her around either. All this without factoring in Gwyn's feelings about us basically having to destroy her house to save our own.

• No, I'd rather not see that.

Oh, and Rodrik*

• NO

JUST, ALL OF THE NO AND THE NOPE AND THE PFFFT

• Because it went so well last time.

• I did see something there as well but I don't know how I feel about it.

• I personally would love to woo Gwyn Whitehill, in fact in episodes between 2-4 when there was the whole peace talk I really was hoping for there to be an option to instead propose a marriage between Gwyn and Rodrik. But on special circumstances.

1. In Ep2 You must not be engaged to Elaena Glenmore.

2. If you refuse to kiss Ludd's ring in Ep2 and Gwyn appears instead of Ryon. You must treat her with respect and make her feel welcomed.

3. In Ep3 when Gwyn wishes to parlay with you. You must not accept the knife given to you by Duncan. You must not threaten to kill Ludd and You are honest and polite with Gwyn. and Before the Whitehill soldiers show up, and Gwyn asks you to be Griff's bitch, there is a special dialogue option that allows you to Offer a marriage plot with Gwyn. Of coarse she doesn't accept it at first in Ep3

4. In Ep4 when Rodrik is invited to Whitehill's castle and had he asked Gwyn about the marriage plot, there can be an extra scene between the two where Gwyn discuss with Rodrik if she were to marry him, what kind of marriage would it be.

Dialogue options can be (1) "It's just to make sure we all survive" (2) "It would help rebuild our houses" or (3) "I've always admired you Gwyn"

All options make Gwyn propose it to Ludd in at the table. But will only infuriate Elissa and Ludd much more and chastise there children, so it won't effect the plot anymore for Season 1. But

Choosing (1) will make Gwyn rebuff Rodrik for thinking that this will come to war and tells him that if that's the way he would treat the marriage, it's probably best he married Elaena, she then says if it helps house Forrester she will think about it.

Choosing (2) will make Gwyn think hard about it and talk with Rodrik like a diplomat. Saying that it's always what she's wanted, but never imagined Rodrik being the one she would wed and tells Rodrik that this marriage could help both parties a lot in rebuilding both houses to there brilliance.

Choosing (3) will make Gwyn blush, and be at a lost for words for a second, she will then say that even though she never thought of Rodrik as a husband, she has thought of him as being quite handsome, but says that she always has loved Asha and cannot share Rodrik's feelings, but she will still try to make the marriage happen in order to save both houses.

It might have no effect in Season 1, but in Season 2 if you choose Rodrik to survive and did not have sex with Elaena then maybe Gwyn will ally with you to stop Ludd or Griff from coming after you.

• edited January 2017

No one wants Gwyn in my game. Rodrik has Elaena and Asher rather hang out with Beskha then be around Gwyn.

• Gwyn is absolutely horrid. So no.

• I don't like that for my Rodrik but it's actually a good possibility for the next seasons
    Gwyn can carry "her marriage proposal" to Rodrik as a peaceful measure to the Whitehill-Forrester conflict in the raising point of the storyline.
    Even Rodrik could play along with this proposal and bring down the Whitehills from inside(another way to the traditional one,using intrigue).
    And with Ludd out off the way,The other Whitehills on this path won't see him coming.

Personally I want this choice to come when all the chaos of the storyline comes together,being the other choice an open battle against the Whitehills.This choice was presented to Asher in Season one,so why not examine it again if refused on later seasons?

• It could go both ways as Gwyn would likely be horrified with what her family did to Asher if Rodrik is alive. The Boltons would still have to be in control of the North for the next season for a more interesting storyline. We sure haven't seen the last of Gwyn regardless which brother is alive and Laura Bailey is pretty much a Telltale regular.

• I don't like the idea.

Not because I hate Gwyn (I'm actually one of those who understands she's a good person, albeit flawed.)

But I just don't see her moving on from Asher anytime soon. Plus, I don't like the idea of Rodrik ditching Elaena.

• with rodrick? hell no after you killed her father/brother.
    i dont see that the forresters and the whitehills will hug it out not even with asher and gwyn

• edited August 2017

You think reconciliation between the two houses is not possible even if Asher tries to go along with Gwyn's plan to get married?

killdate posted: »

with rodrick? hell no after you killed her father/brother. i dont see that the forresters and the whitehills will hug it out not even with asher and gwyn

• edited August 2017

Ending the line of a house has been the ultimate result lately and that will be the most likely outcome between one of the two houses. The Whitehills may not get off easy like the Karstarks and Umbers since they've always been Bolton vassals. Even if Gwyn and Ebbert were to be the last ones.

• after all the bloodshed from bouth sides? i highly doubt it. whitehill slaughtered and conquered ironrath. they will take it back, and not by marring gwyn. this aint disney with a happy ening. this is game of thrones. heads will be rolling.

Pahn711 posted: »

You think reconciliation between the two houses is not possible even if Asher tries to go along with Gwyn's plan to get married?

• edited August 2017

I'm implying that reconciliation is possible, I never suggested the means by which it would come about...Of course there will be a lot more violence before the conflict is resolved....I'm just speculating whether the player's choice to have Asher forgo vengeance in the hopes of ending the bloodshed will matter in the end...I think it should since Gwyn takes the place of Duncan/Royland in the epilogue.

Consider Episode 4 at Highpoint: Gwyn shows Rodrik an old emblem that displays the Whitehill and Forrester sigils together. She says that their two houses were close once....why would the writers draw our attention to this if not to foretell a possible future?

Don't forget that the theme of the tv show (and by extension, this game) is that squabbling families need to put aside their differences to face the white walker threat....Would it be so far-fetched that both families eventually realize this? We still haven't met Ludd's other two sons, maybe one of them is more reasonable than their father or Gryff.

killdate posted: »

after all the bloodshed from bouth sides? i highly doubt it. whitehill slaughtered and conquered ironrath. they will take it back, and not by marring gwyn. this aint disney with a happy ening. this is game of thrones. heads will be rolling.

• good points. totally forgot about the combined sigil. well we will see it hopefully this year

I'm implying that reconciliation is possible, I never suggested the means by which it would come about...Of course there will be a lot more

• They don't 'gel' together if you know what I mean. So no.

• edited August 2017

You need to go beyond stating the obvious and think outside the box. Just because the two families are at each other's throats now doesn't mean it has to stay that way, especially if the white walkers show up on their doorstep with an army of undead....Something tells me that may change their priorities...

Dan10 posted: »

They don't 'gel' together if you know what I mean. So no.

• They don't fit together and won't. Whitehills couldn't care less about the Forresters so the white walkers won't change a thing.

You need to go beyond stating the obvious and think outside the box. Just because the two families are at each other's throats now doesn't m

• edited August 2017

...I guess I'd just prefer a more creative approach than the two sides beating on each other the whole time like last season.

Dan10 posted: »

They don't fit together and won't. Whitehills couldn't care less about the Forresters so the white walkers won't change a thing.

• Fair enough

...I guess I'd just prefer a more creative approach than the two sides beating on each other the whole time like last season.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.