Is Minecraft:Story Mode Free to play

Hello was today watching the triller of Minecraft:Store Mode and thinking ...my god if story mod will be free to play.YES I was wondering that story mode woud be like an update when you open your MInecraft you will have 2 sides Story Mode and Normal Minecraft that wourd be awesome.But paying sory mode will be silly.I consinder that as an huge and AWESOME :D update to miencraft so..What you thinking FREE TO PLAY OR PAY??Let me see your answers down.It woud be nice If Telltale relase it as FTP(Free to play).

http://strawpoll.me/5611622 here vote and...If free to play vote Wins let the telltale make Minecraft:Story Mode Free to download.

Comments

• Minecraft Story Mode is being made by a different company from the regular Minecraft so it is going to be a separate purchase and it's a standalone product. You will have the option to either purchase a retail disc that includes episode 1 with future access to episodes 2-5 as they release or you can purchase it via digital download from your perfected console store, Steam or directly from the Telltale website.

• It will most likely be $25 ($5 per episode).

• Unless you get that pre order fam, that 21.49 yo

Green613 posted: »

It will most likely be $25 ($5 per episode).

• bet you 5 sheckles that won't be the preorder price

Poogers555 posted: »

Unless you get that pre order fam, that 21.49 yo

• I'll bet you 5 rocks

Green613 posted: »

bet you 5 sheckles that won't be the preorder price

• edited September 2015

22.49 is usually the preorder price ʸᵒᵘ ˢᶜʳᵘᵇ... ;)

Unless you get that pre order fam, that 21.49 yo

• I'll bet you 16 m&m's (peanut kind) and a pringle

I'll bet you 5 rocks

• Poogs, you should really stop making bets and predictions, remember how you said we would get news for TFTBL yesterday.

I'll bet you 5 rocks

• S-s-shut u-up..g-guy...

Poogs, you should really stop making bets and predictions, remember how you said we would get news for TFTBL yesterday.

• it wouldb be great to get episode 1 free like twd s1 e1

• All games would be free after a few months a few months after the release (1 month or something free) or when it is completed.

it wouldb be great to get episode 1 free like twd s1 e1

• So is it going to be $5 per episode or $25 for the whole thing or is there going to be a discount if you decide to buy all five now? Just curious.

• Season passes are usually a bit cheaper than buying all five separately.

So is it going to be $5 per episode or $25 for the whole thing or is there going to be a discount if you decide to buy all five now? Just curious.

• Ah, ok. Can we preorder a season pass or do we have to wait for the October release date? I heard it was gonna be the 13th right?

Season passes are usually a bit cheaper than buying all five separately.

• I don't know actually, might want to check with a Mod on that.

Ah, ok. Can we preorder a season pass or do we have to wait for the October release date? I heard it was gonna be the 13th right?

• Preorders for Story Mode are now avaliable on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/376870/

I'm sure in a couple days it'll be up on the Telltale store for preorder as well.

Ah, ok. Can we preorder a season pass or do we have to wait for the October release date? I heard it was gonna be the 13th right?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2015

[Moderators are only community volunteers - we aren't Telltale staff.]

Season Passes work differently depending whether you purchase the game on PC/Mac or a Console/Mobile Device.

If you want to purchase on PC/Mac, you only have the option of buying the whole Season Pass for full price ($4.99 for each episode in the Season). On PC/Mac, the Season Pass contains every episode. On Steam, you are able to pre-order the game for a small discount prior to release, but if you purchase from Telltale, you occasionally get episodes earlier.

On Consoles and mobile devices, you can purchase the first episode for $4.99. From there, you can buy the rest of the episodes, which are DLC for the first episode (meaning you have to own at least Episode 1 to play any other episode). On Consoles and mobile devices, you can either buy each episode individually for $4.99, or you can buy a Season Pass - which, on Consoles/Mobile, has every episode after episode one since you already have to own Episode one to play the others. Season Passes on Consoles/Mobile typically have a discount that charges you for one less episode then what is in the bundle. For example, if you buy a Season Pass with Episodes 2 through 5, you would get four episodes for the price of three.

So is it going to be $5 per episode or $25 for the whole thing or is there going to be a discount if you decide to buy all five now? Just curious.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.