Lemme preorder, guys!!!

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
I want to preorder the entire season, NOW!!!
Why isn't it possible yet? :-/
Here's my money, do what you want with it, I just wanna relax knowing I've already bought each episode! B-)

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Sure, you can preorder now. I'll send you my PayPal info. :D

(Kidding.)
  • edited October 2006
    Dude. I would wait and see if they even MAKE 6 episodes.

What happened to BONE, eg. (Don;t know if TT decided to make more than 2 games)
  • edited October 2006
    Telltale's said they still have every intention of adapting the whole Bone series (and personally I'm quite excited about the next one), but the difference is they never actually said when the future games would be coming out, whereas with Sam & Max all the episodes have been dated.
  • edited October 2006
    I'm totally sure about the release of every game.
    Anyway, you sure have a good point, Mikdog :)
  • edited October 2006
    He doesn't really have a point, since Gametap will fund Sam & Max through the season 1, so there will be a full season 1.

Also, Bone is probably being worked on in between, then full production starts when season 1 of sam and max ends. Season 2 of Sam & Max will probably start up 1 November again, with a delay of other games in the meantime.

Also, the more games Telltale Games sells, the more people they can hire to work on future games, which means in the end, several episodes for each game each month!

It's all about how much they'll sell and the funding they get from Gametap and others, like Ubisoft (if they'll get a chance to develop another CSI).

So come on people! If you want more games from Telltale Games - buy them all!
  • edited October 2006
    Yes! Buy buy buy! And they're cheap too! And you have lots of buying options! And they're great games! So, support the industry and buy lots of TELLTALE games for you and your friends! They make fantastic presents!
  • edited October 2006
    You preorder by paypal, right? Cause that's the only way I can get this! I live in Canada and don't have a credit card (or at least, don't want to use it on the internet, lol!)
    edited October 2006
    Yes, PayPal will be an option, along with credit cards.

We are working on a new shopping cart system, which is why preorders aren't available yet. Soon, though! :D
  • edited October 2006
    Will we get anythin special if we pre-order? like a sam and max poster?
  • edited October 2006
    Yes, PayPal will be an option, along with credit cards.

We are working on a new shopping cart system, which is why preorders aren't available yet. Soon, though! :D

Any chance you guys re-do the whole purchase system - The one you've got at the moment really sucks! :D
  • edited October 2006
    Will we get anythin special if we pre-order? like a sam and max poster?

We get the physical product shipped to us at the end (though we have to pay for shipping), don't we?

Although I do agree - a poster would be sweet! :D

Any idea how much the shipping would be to Canada?
  • edited October 2006
    How long will this $34 whole season plus CD thing be offered for?

I'm really broke right now. I owe the government alot of money because I got screwed over in taxes.
  • edited October 2006
    I'd quite like to preorder soon before I spend all my money on candy or something. Actually, when is the next Bone game? I finally found a library with a few of the books and they've left me wanting for more!
  • edited October 2006
    a poster does sound very good!
    OR you could ball and chain Steve Purcell to a desk and make him sign every Season discs!

(atleast sign mine)

perty please with cheeseburgers on top?javascript:smilie(':x')
    edited October 2006
    Any chance you guys re-do the whole purchase system - The one you've got at the moment really sucks! :D

Yes, that is one of the things we're working on. (And thanks. :p)

I don't know how long the preorder deal will last, but it will be at least through the release of episode 1.
  • edited October 2006
    I just spent the last 15 mins trying to find the preorder link on this site after reading the IGN review and the discount for preordering the series! I really think you guys need to get it up fast.. after all, cast is ready to flow in :)

Out of interest - if you preorder the series, do you get a boxed copy at the end (add shipping) 'and' the ability to download the episodes as they are released?
    edited October 2006
    We're working on it! Some of this is out of our control, unfortunately. :(
    if you preorder the series, do you get a boxed copy at the end (add shipping) 'and' the ability to download the episodes as they are released?

Yes.
  • edited October 2006
    No problem - thank you for all your hard work and cant wait to get into the series (so many years wait!) :) And its wonderful one gets a boxed copy at the end. Im waiting cash in hand then hehe :)
  • edited October 2006
    Out of interest - if you preorder the series, do you get a boxed copy at the end (add shipping) 'and' the ability to download the episodes as they are released?

Only one super-ability per person!
    If you're choosing the ability to download S&M, I choose X-Ray vision (but only down to underwear level - I am awfully shy after all)
  • edited October 2006
    hi !

i tried to order a sam&max t-shirt via your site but the shipping costs are TOO high for EUROPE.
    maybe you could make special offers for combining pre-orders
    of sam&max s1 (with copy of game) AND some t-shirts/books
    and lower the shipping a little. the shipping is clearly too high.

thanks, toni
  • edited October 2006
    I second this - in truth I'd love to get some of that cool merchandise but Im in London... a lower shipping cost would 'really' help :)
  • edited October 2006
    Well the shipping costs to the U.S. are also outrageous. The CHEAPEST option is $7.20. There is no excuse for such high shipping costs.
  • edited October 2006
    Yes, that is one of the things we're working on. (And thanks. :p)

Lol... anytime :D

(It was only because it took me AGES to re-download Out from Boneville - I had to hunt down purchase codes, push through a flaky log-in ection, etc... I just wanted to be able to log on, select the game I'd purchased, download & play (it would be especially cool if my game purchase account was the same/linked as my forum account - Just a one stop shop kinda thing)
  • edited October 2006
    We are only a few days from release now - when is the preorder going to go up? If it doesnt go up before Wednesday and us players of course buy Sam & Max episode 1 immediately (we cant wait of course), we will have to buy it twice when we preorder the entire series. Is it safe to assume the series 1 preorder option will go up at the same time as buying the single episode this coming Wednesday?
  • edited October 2006
    Move on! It is time, now!
    edited October 2006
    Believe me, all the people who are at the office right now (on a Saturday!) aren't just standing around twiddling their thumbs. We're working on it! ;)

No one's going to have to buy the game twice, don't worry.
  • edited October 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    Believe me, all the people who are at the office right now (on a Saturday!) aren't just standing around twiddling their thumbs. We're working on it! ;)

Boy - is that the understatment of the year. The new site looks great! And we can pre-order now ***searches frantically for credit card**** I am going to order it today!
  • edited October 2006
    Seems to me im theyre favorite now. I know you didnt want me to say it but i couldnt resist telling the others now that i know you truly love me Telltale. This is going to be good. But are you sure this is going to make me the envy of my neighbours? One of them is insane and the other 3 have one foot in the grave (each of them, not 1 collective foot), im not sure theyre familiar with adventure games.
  • edited October 2006
    abdallah wrote: »
    Seems to me im theyre favorite now. I know you didnt want me to say it but i couldnt resist telling the others now that i know you truly love me Telltale. This is going to be good. But are you sure this is going to make me the envy of my neighbours? One of them is insane and the other 3 have one foot in the grave (each of them, not 1 collective foot), im not sure theyre familiar with adventure games.

They're not saying anything, but trust me... they're envious :)
  • edited October 2006
    Preordered - reregistered, aching to get my email on Wednesday to say I can download :) Hope the emails with download links go out superfast for us series people so we can grab the latest episode of crazy pair!
  • edited October 2006
    Hi!
    I made my order, and seems like everything's gone well.
    Anyway I still haven't received the confirmation mail, so I'm a bit worried:confused:
    How much should I wait for this mail before saying something went wrong?

[edit] Ok, received :)
  • edited October 2006
    I haven't recieved a confirmation e-mail either. I'm getting worried.
  • edited October 2006
    demonscars wrote: »
    I haven't recieved a confirmation e-mail either. I'm getting worried.

Nevermind I got all my e-mails from Telltale like the second I posted this.
  • edited October 2006
    I haven't received a mail either, but maybe I'll post that I did a few minutes later. I must add that I've ordered it 6 hours ago, though.

I'm not too worried about it since my order number is displayed on the past purchases page on this site.

--Erwin
  • edited October 2006
    Sorry about the e-mails, that was my fault. I stopped the job that sends queued mail while I did some work and apparently forgot to start it again ¬¬
  • edited October 2006
    Hi, dose the PayPal Preorder works now?
    I have tried it some times but no PayPal option.
  • edited October 2006
    mikeman wrote: »
    Hi, dose the PayPal Preorder works now?
    I have tried it some times but no PayPal option.

Paypal won't become available on the season set until episode is is released, for legal reasons.
  • edited November 2006
    tabacco wrote: »
    Paypal won't become available on the season set until episode is is released, for legal reasons.
    LIES! The episode is out and I still can't use PayPal for the season set! :mad:
  • edited November 2006
    I'll look into it, or at least have it looked into.
  • edited November 2006
    Well, I looked at it again,
    and it looks like the episode 1 can be purchased with PayPal,
    but not the season 1 collection.

Well, I am now downloading the demo to get at least a look at it.

EDIT:

I have played the demo now, it is great, dose it contains only the 1st room?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.