Minecraft: Story Mode - New Trailer, Additional Cast Details, AND World Premiere Event

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Today we can announce that Telltale Games and Mojang are holding a special WORLD PREMIERE launch event for Minecraft: Story Mode in Hollywood, CA on October 12th at the ArcLight Cinerama Dome! The Minecraft community and Telltale fans are invited to join in on the 'World's Largest Let's Play' as the audience cheers and directs the action on the big screen. Tickets to the event will be at no cost. If you'd like to attend, just email minecraftpremiere[at]telltalegames[dot]com for more information. Seating will be limited and tickets will be offered in advance on a first come first served basis, so don't delay! This is your chance to participate in a very special event ahead of the public digital launch on October 13th (retail season pass discs hit stores starting October 27th).

Minecraft Story Mode world premiere  flyer

We also have a brand-new trailer for the season premiere right here. This one gives you a little more info on the members of the Order of the Stone, four heroes you can expect to be QUITE significant in this adventure...

Did you miss the very first pieces of info on the series? No worries, we can fill you in. In Minecraft: Story Mode, playing as either a male or female hero named 'Jesse,' you'll embark on a perilous adventure across the Overworld, through the Nether, to the End, and beyond. You and your friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect; slayers of the Ender Dragon. While at EnderCon in hopes of meeting Gabriel the Warrior, Jesse's friends discover that something is wrong... something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and you must set out on a quest to find The Order of the Stone if you are to save your world from oblivion.

Today we can also announce some entirely new cast details (and re-confirm a couple we've already mentioned)! If you've been keeping up with the news so far, you'll already know the season will feature Patton Oswalt as male Jesse and Catherine Taber as female Jesse. You'll also hear Brian Posehn as Axel, Ashley Johnson as Petra, Scott Porter as Lukas, Martha Plimpton as Olivia, Billy West as the narrator, and Paul Reubens as Ivor. Also announced today, in the role of the four 'Order of the Stone' members, we have Dave Fennoy as Gabriel the Warrior, Corey Feldman as Magnus the Griefer, Grey Griffin as Ellegaard the Redstone Engineer, and John Hodgman as Soren the Architect. In short, that's a pantheon of talent we're simply BEYOND excited to be working with.

With all that said, it's not ALL about Minecraft behind the scenes here... those eagerly awaiting the season finales for Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones can expect some big news drops hot on the heels of the Minecraft: Story Mode premiere. The next few weeks mark an incredibly busy time for Telltale!

Comments

• Can't wait I'm excited for all of these!

• Yeah not all about minecraft but sure seems like its MOSTLY about minecraft

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2015

I assume that's the case for now as they are giving it more focus since it's a new game launch. Once Minecraft premieres, they will then shift focus for Borderlands and Thrones as their finales launch. It's what they always do - it's not one series getting preferential treatment over another - it's just Telltale giving more focus to what's coming out the soonest. As Job Stauffer clarified on Twitter, they do still have different teams for each episode.

Even if they have their feet in multiple series, they still only work on one episode at once.

Wigams posted: »

Yeah not all about minecraft but sure seems like its MOSTLY about minecraft

• edited October 2015

Having separate teams doesn't change my opinion that the finales should have been released before the premiere of minecraft. Even if Minecraft is ready to go and the others aren't. Having the extra month/month and half to polish/see if you missed anything doesn't hurt.

But yeah I get that they're going to promote what's coming out next. Makes sense. Except they've been promoting it for two straight months while hardly saying anything about the others so it's getting a little annoying. We get it, minecraft is coming out.

Edit: I saw you post that you think we might get the tales finale on the 20thth and Got on the 27th. What is the problem in releasing Tales on the 20th, GoT on the 27th and then Minecraft on the 3rd?

I assume that's the case for now as they are giving it more focus since it's a new game launch. Once Minecraft premieres, they will then shi

• Have some bacon sir.

Wigams posted: »

Yeah not all about minecraft but sure seems like its MOSTLY about minecraft

• I don't know how TFTBL got so much fans since it was shit. Anyway, I am very excited for Minecraft. Though my favourite is still TWAU (I can try to forget that episode 2-5 was super short. e.e), second favourite would forever remain GOT.

• I don't know how TFTBL got so much fans since it was shit.

Actually I'd say it's Telltale's best game to date, while GOT has definitely been my least favorite.

I don't know how TFTBL got so much fans since it was shit. Anyway, I am very excited for Minecraft. Though my favourite is still TWAU (I can try to forget that episode 2-5 was super short. e.e), second favourite would forever remain GOT.

• YOU GUYS GOT DAVE FENNOY AGAIN

WOOHOOO

• GOT>TWDS1>TFTB>WAU>TWDS2>LIS*>TWDS2>Minecraft

*Life is Strange is not from Telltale, i know.

dojo32161 posted: »

I don't know how TFTBL got so much fans since it was shit. Actually I'd say it's Telltale's best game to date, while GOT has definitely been my least favorite.

• Thats your opinion, dojo. And i understand it.

dojo32161 posted: »

I don't know how TFTBL got so much fans since it was shit. Actually I'd say it's Telltale's best game to date, while GOT has definitely been my least favorite.

• The Walking Dead: Season One.

Other than that fuck Telltale.

GOT>TWDS1>TFTB>WAU>TWDS2>LIS*>TWDS2>Minecraft *Life is Strange is not from Telltale, i know.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited October 2015

Nope, Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us are also freaking amazing, with TFTB being their best, in my opinion.

HSPLazerz posted: »

The Walking Dead: Season One. Other than that fuck Telltale.

• It's a bit unfair putting minecraft there since you haven't played it and you also put TWD S2 twice.

GOT>TWDS1>TFTB>WAU>TWDS2>LIS*>TWDS2>Minecraft *Life is Strange is not from Telltale, i know.

This discussion has been closed.