I received a verification email for Telltale yesterday but didnt sign up yesterday

edited October 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I bought Game of Thrones for GOG games in July and I suppose I must have made an account then, when I first played the game in July . Why did a verification email only arrive yesterday?

I did verify the account however, in order so I could post here and therefore ask why this has happened.

Also, if I link my account to steam what would happen? Seeing that I bought the game on GOG not steam. Also I bought Walking Dead (that time it was on steam) about two or three years ago from telltale but I don't think I made an account then. Would linking to my steam throw a spanner into the works?

Comments

• If your linked to your Steam account you can see more minor choices statistics (you can check them on the Game of thrones tab on top). I believe that's the only benefit.

• Thanks, i'd still like to know however why I suddenly received a verify your account email, just yesterday. It was pretty much out of the blue.

Is it possible that the telltale server had issues in July and the email I should have received then was lost for a time?

If your linked to your Steam account you can see more minor choices statistics (you can check them on the Game of thrones tab on top). I believe that's the only benefit.

• It's possible the verification email could've been automatically sent after so long of you not verifying your account. For what it's worth, moderators are only community volunteers and not staff members so I don't know the internal workings of the site - that's just my guess.

Did you select the in game prompt to register for a Telltale Account back in July? Maybe doing so could've made you an account.

If you want, you can try asking the Support Staff members why this happened by filing a request ticket over at the Support section of the site or by emailing the Support team.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.