Returning to floatsam island

edited November 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
IS that how you spell it

floatsam

Just realized that we will have to return to floatsam island .. possibly in the TRIAL AND EXECUTION of G.T episode to return to the courthouse? Im sure it wasnt just there for the lulz.. but plays a part in the 5 episode series

Thats All :D

Comments

• edited July 2009
    hamzie wrote: »
    IS that how you spell it
    *cough*No*cough*

np: Whitetree - Tangerine (Cloudland)
  • edited November 2010
    You know, I was wondering what the motto imprinted on Flotsam Island's courthouse flag stands for:

In chapter 1 you read: "DIE LUF DER FLOTSAM SAUGEN"
    In chapter 4 the motto has changed to: "DIE WINDE VON FLOTSAM SAUGEN UND BLASEN"

The first time looking at the flag I was puzzled to read German words on it. The second time I was laughing, though I'm not quite sure if the quote is really reffering to the sketch of Loriot, the German Comedian. Has anyone an idea what this is all about?

Thank you!
  • edited November 2010
    You know, I was wondering what the motto imprinted on Flotsam Island's courthouse flag stands for:

In chapter 1 you read: "DIE LUF DER FLOTSAM SAUGEN"
    In chapter 4 the motto has changed to: "DIE WINDE VON FLOTSAM SAUGEN UND BLASEN"

The first time looking at the flag I was puzzled to read German words on it. The second time I was laughing, though I'm not quite sure if the quote is really reffering to the sketch of Loriot, the German Comedian. Has anyone an idea what this is all about?

Thank you!

Yeah, I was thinking of the Heinzelmann - vacuum cleaner sketch of Loriot too (hilarious one). But I never got why the chose to write something in German on that flag in the first place. I missed the misspelling in chapter 1 an then read a thread in here about how they corrected it in chapter 4.
    That's about all I know. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    Yeah, I was thinking of the Heinzelmann - vacuum cleaner sketch of Loriot too (hilarious one). But I never got why the chose to write something in German on that flag in the first place. I missed the misspelling in chapter 1 an then read a thread in here about how they corrected it in chapter 4.
    That's about all I know. :D

Ah, so in the first place it was even a misspelling. Funny! I thougt they wrote it this way intentionally - but couldn't figure out anyway why they would do this and what it means. But nice to know you like Loriot, too. :-)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.