Game Theory: Handsome Jack, Monster or Misunderstood?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2015

We're not fighting, are we? I didn't think the joke was very funny. Different senses of humor I guess, to each their own and all that.

mirashade posted: »

Hitler fight, Hitler fight, Hitler fight! Oh wait, I'm the one participating in a Hitler fight. It was a joke, and I don't think it's improper. It fits for what was said.

• Don't worry, I really just wanted to chant "Hitler fight" because I'm aware that bringing Hitler into an argument is never looked well upon. My sense of humor is apparently being ridiculous and embarassing.

We're not fighting, are we? I didn't think the joke was very funny. Different senses of humor I guess, to each their own and all that.

• Oh Jack is a monster in a world full of monsters. There is no moral high ground in Pandora. I chose Jack because he at least had a plan to maintain order over the chaos of the planet. When dealing with a monster sometimes your only option is a bigger monster. And his funny.

• edited October 2015

I believe that Jack is misunderstood,my reason why is if you play play pre sequal you see that he wants to help Pandora but slowly starts to go into paranoia,because he was tricked. He honestly seems good but he's just had a real hard life...so cut him some slack.

• edited October 2015

They were people he trusted

That's so sweet but I have to burst your bubble and remind you that he trusted them with one thing only - opening the Vault. Which, again, a reminder - they knew nothing about and were just muscles behind the operation while Jack knew perfectly what he's doing - and for original VH's it was just a "container for tentacles and disappointment" while Jack it all allowed to get famous and led to BL2 events because of all the Eridium on Pandora.

The Vault Hunters never did anything to Moxxi and Lilith.

It's not like they tried to kill Jack and THEN VH's. Vault hunters just happened to be in the same place, near the Eye. It was Lilith's initiative alone to pursue Athena for no goddamn good reason from the story or character development point of view other then to make this Alien thing save the day at the end of TPS.

He started out as someone trying to save thousands of lives on Elpis

I'm so done with this argument... He never ever tried to save anything other than the Vault on Elpis, truly. It was a nice fantasy of his that he's a hero saving people, but he's not a hero and never was.

What he does now is bad, but what he could've been was considered great

No. Just no. Someone so twisted would never be great because he's goddamn insane. And he was insane even before TPS started as it's evident from all the murders and crap he did.

He does according to quotes in the game. They were people he trusted, and they attempted to kill him AND the Vault Hunters. The Vault Hunter

• Thank-you.
    Fixed.

enter link description here If I remember correctly, you just put the link into the prompt given when you click on the 'link' button. Also, I believe that there are pages and pages on this topic in the steam threads XP

• I get that you disagree but don't get mad, cause hey, that's just a theory.

A game theory.

I've ranted about this enough, you go look for those on this forum and elsewhere. In short, this "Game Theory" does what every Jack fanboy d

• four hundred thousand keks

Dude, you don't have to get all triggered, its just a fucking theory.

DeityD posted: »

They were people he trusted That's so sweet but I have to burst your bubble and remind you that he trusted them with one thing only

• ...and this is a thread that has not had a post since 2015 :). Let's give it a proper rest.

JCW2000 posted: »

Dude, you don't have to get all triggered, its just a fucking theory.

This discussion has been closed.