Will shipping cost more than the game?

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
I will definitely be getting the bundle of all the episodes and downloading them one by one as they come. But I also want the CD after the 6th episode, so there'll be shipping costs.

Thing is, I'm in Asia, and good deals on the the Internet are always ruined for me because of shipping. Shipping sometimes costs more than the product itself. Will this be the case for the Sam and Max CD as well?

It gets worse when I get something shipped to me from the US, and even though they charge me something like US$15 on my card, the stamp says something like US$10, ticks me off. This is regular post, no insurance. (disclaimer: those are not real figures, I can't rem the exact numbers, it's to illustrate an experience I had)

Sorry for ranting, just 5 more days to go before I can play, can't wait.

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I will definitely be getting the bundle of all the episodes and downloading them one by one as they come. But I also want the CD after the 6th episode, so there'll be shipping costs.

Thing is, I'm in Asia, and good deals on the the Internet are always ruined for me because of shipping. Shipping sometimes costs more than the product itself. Will this be the case for the Sam and Max CD as well?

It gets worse when I get something shipped to me from the US, and even though they charge me something like US$15 on my card, the stamp says something like US$10, ticks me off. This is regular post, no insurance. (disclaimer: those are not real figures, I can't rem the exact numbers, it's to illustrate an experience I had)

Sorry for ranting, just 5 more days to go before I can play, can't wait.

There are packaging costs as well, that obviously aren't shown on the stamps. A mail tube, for example, costs about 2 or 3 bucks.

--Erwin
  • edited October 2006
    $10 is pretty good all the way to asia
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    In our current store, shipping a Bone CD to Asia by International Postal costs $9.95. The weight will be about the same, so the cost will probably be about the same.

About shipping in general - Telltale unfortunately has very little control over how much our distributor charges for shipping. I wish we did, because I'm also frustrated by the high shipping costs (especially in the US; international shipping seems to be more reasonable, ironically), but we do what we can. We had to choose between running an online store and making games, and making games won. ;)
  • edited November 2006
    $9.95 sounds great. Anyway, I just thought of another great reason to get the CD. It'll be the perfect opportunity to get the T-shirt at the same time, all shipped at once. I mean, as long as they get restocked in puny S and M Asian sizes.
  • edited November 2006
    Is it possible to get them shipped at the same time? Im guessing the order from the store is processsed differently from that of your game at the end of the series so it may be hard to get them to coincide? If there is a foolproof way of ensuring they are both shipped together to limit delivery costs, Id definitely be interested :) Is there a button on checkout that forces all items to be shipped together?
  • edited November 2006
    Hmm... I sure it shouldn't be too difficult for them to do it. Anyway, now that we've mentioned it, they have a 6-month lead time to make it happen.
  • edited November 2006
    Waiting on those medium size shirts too - since they sell out so fast, perhaps they need a lot more of them :) If there is such a huge demand and it helps Telltale with their developmental costs.. well.. supply supply suppy! :)
  • edited November 2006
    About an hour to go now, by my reckoning!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.