What is the go with the xbox one price?

Why is the price approx double on the xbox one? I would consider buying it if it wasn't double the price, hell the mac/pc version is the standard telltale price but the xbox one version is double, why?

Comments

• Yeah! I just saw the price literally a minute ago, now I'm like "What the hell?" It cost more than Game of Thrones and Game of Thrones has six episodes.

• Whats more confusing is the season pass.

Single episode - £4.99 (PSN)
    Season pass - £24.99 (PSN)

I'm assuming 5 episodes? If so, why on earth would anyone want the season pass?

• It is even weirder if you consider that the season pass includes only ep 2-5.

Whats more confusing is the season pass. Single episode - £4.99 (PSN) Season pass - £24.99 (PSN) I'm assuming 5 episodes? If so, why on earth would anyone want the season pass?

• It is even weirder if you consider that the season pass includes only ep 2-5.

No you get all of them this time

Miklaus posted: »

It is even weirder if you consider that the season pass includes only ep 2-5.

• edited October 2015

I checked my PSN, the description of the season pass says just ep 2-5, I hope it's a mistake 'cause I don't want to spend around 35€ for this game when the previous Telltale games were 20/25€.

It is even weirder if you consider that the season pass includes only ep 2-5. No you get all of them this time

• Maybe psn has a different system? I bought the season pass and could play the first episode fine. It even said it included them all

Miklaus posted: »

I checked my PSN, the description of the season pass says just ep 2-5, I hope it's a mistake 'cause I don't want to spend around 35€ for this game when the previous Telltale games were 20/25€.

• Yeah, wth is up with that? I was ready to buy it a minute ago, but then I realized:

a) that it's suddenly pricier than all previous TT games, which is odd in itself seeing how so many people were skeptical about it already... not a great incentive to give it a chance

b) that despite claiming to offer a 'reduced price' the season pass is exactly the sum 5 individual episodes would cost together, at least in my currency, sooo... what's the point?

I'm a bit turned off rn, I wish TT would at least explain the deal with the season pass - a mistake? Intentional? If so why say it's cheaper?

Whats more confusing is the season pass. Single episode - £4.99 (PSN) Season pass - £24.99 (PSN) I'm assuming 5 episodes? If so, why on earth would anyone want the season pass?

• I am really annoyed with the price, especially since it costs more than GOT and GOT has six episodes but I'll still buy it... eventually. Is there really no explanation for this?

Yeah, wth is up with that? I was ready to buy it a minute ago, but then I realized: a) that it's suddenly pricier than all previous TT ga

• Yeah I was PO'd aswell, but I paid it anyway. Hope the following episodes are cheaper

• Maybe it has something to do with Microsoft buying Minecraft awhile back? While I would think this would cause the direct opposite, where everyone but Xbox owners get charged more but idk, just throwing out ideas.

• The hell? I'm not buying until I get a price drop or at least an explanation.

• edited October 2015

Ok now it's fixed, but 30€/35$/23£ is still too much imo.

Maybe psn has a different system? I bought the season pass and could play the first episode fine. It even said it included them all

• edited October 2015

You would think business sense would dictate opposite. If you want people to use your system, you would usually make your stuff cheaper than in other platforms instead of opposite.

Maybe it has something to do with Microsoft buying Minecraft awhile back? While I would think this would cause the direct opposite, where everyone but Xbox owners get charged more but idk, just throwing out ideas.

• Yeah that's what I meant, sorry if my previous comment didn't make that clear. But what really gets me is I saw it for 5.00 on the 360 store this morning so I've got no clue what's going on.

Clord posted: »

You would think business sense would dictate opposite. If you want people to use your system, you would usually make your stuff cheaper than in other platforms instead of opposite.

• No word in the blog, and Job hasn't said anything on twitter, the price is STILL $9.95 (Australian) for episode one, and $44.95 for the bundle with the season pass and Ep 1, the US price on xbox.com is $4.99 for Ep 1 and $24.99 for the bundle, for comparison right now the tales from the borderlands is $26.95 (regularly $33.45), Walking Dead S1 and 2 are both $33.45, and Game of Thrones is $33.45 (regularly 39.95) so you can't tell me that this is conversion rates (which has never effected the price like this before)

I think our one hope is if this thread gets high enough in the forums we might get an explanation from TellTale Mike or Job, I think that may be our only hope for an answer, and maybe some action taken (quicker)

• You probably brought a bundle that contained the first episode as well as the season pass, not just the season pass

Maybe psn has a different system? I bought the season pass and could play the first episode fine. It even said it included them all

• Episode 1 isn't $4.99 US?

• The price makes no sense at all, because Microsoft owns Minecraft.

• Just another reason I'm not buying this abomination

• Honestly, I'm so confused by this, and the lack of any commentary from TT on the subject. The description of the season pass clearly says it's supposed to be a bargain. So, the only way this would make sense is if future episodes were priced even higher than the first one, which... no, just... no. Sorry Telltale, even if the game is fun, it's not worth more than TFTB.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.