Sam & Max isn't dead(?)

In a Story Mode AMA I asked Telltale if we can expect more Sam & Max and the future. The response was rather melancholy...

enter image description here

enter image description here

Comments

• Telltale always answers with hopeful non-answers, usually involving the word "soon". ;) So we'll keep on waiting....

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2015

Kevin has stated before that as long as he's there Sam & Max will continue to pop up somewhere in Telltale's games periodically. They probably have a limit on their license on the duo before it expires due to non-use (I think it was 5 years in the case of LucasArts, Telltale's deal with Steve Purcell is probably similar), so they'll have to make a new game at some point or else they'll lose their license.

Sam & Max's 30th anniversary is coming in 2017. It's likely they'll try to get something out by then (or near then, as was the case with Poker Night 2, which celebrated Sam & Max's 25th anniversary but ended up being released the following year).

• Thanks for the info! This definitely makes me feel much more hopeful,

Jennifer posted: »

Kevin has stated before that as long as he's there Sam & Max will continue to pop up somewhere in Telltale's games periodically. They p

• They just want to keep all options open. Sam & Max is probably the only older Telltale franchise to which they still have the license.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Telltale always answers with hopeful non-answers, usually involving the word "soon". So we'll keep on waiting....

Sign in to comment in this discussion.