"Tales" is Telltale's greatest game to date

Sure it took nearly one year for the entire game to come out, but in the end, it was totally worth it.

That finale though!

It left me feeling satisfied in a way that Life is Strange simply didn't. (Yes I know LiS isn't Telltale, but I just played it so...yeah...) It wrapped up each characters respectful arcs (Fiona becoming a Vault Hunter, Rhys rising up in the ranks, hinting at Rhysha) while also featuring a nice call out to past decision making in assembling the Vault Team in the end. Rarely in decision making games do you see "You did this in the past, so you can't do this now." moments, so that was great. The open-endedness also leaves room for a possible sequel which I would love for to happen (Barring TWAU of course, but i don't see that happening :(

All in all, the writing was consistently top-notch, the music was amazing and worked well with the style of the game, and they've captured the Borderlands humor in a way that feels appropriate while elevating beyond our expectations of gameplay in the final episode. What's important is that they made us care about the characters while creating an enticing game that honestly, I never wanted to end, but when the final credits rolled, I could say "Damn, that was a great game."

And isn't that all we ask for in a video game?

Comments

• edited December 2015

-

• edited December 2015

I still like the walking dead s1 edited my comment after a while :)

ali-qw8 posted: »

-

• Between it and the Walking dead IMO

• I wouldn't say the greatest one, since TWD is still my favorite telltale game, but Tales is definitely one of my favorites.

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's subject to opinion. :I

• When the all of Telltale's games are too good and its impossible to decide which one is your favorite

enter image description here

• It's my third favorite behind The Walking Dead Season 1 and Tales of Monkey Island, but yeah it's way up there.

• Number 1 of TTG

• Why do people even like Tales? Sure, gameplay and everything is the best.

But the story? NAH. It's like those old TOMI and S&M series.

Simple story without much complex details like in TWAU.

• I think it had a great story and it was a lot if fun. Not everything has to be super complex. TWAU was a detective story so of course it had more details. That was about discovery and solving a mystery. Both games were fantastic in their own ways.

Why do people even like Tales? Sure, gameplay and everything is the best. But the story? NAH. It's like those old TOMI and S&M series. Simple story without much complex details like in TWAU.

• Imo its definitely one of the best series they have done. Everything about it I loved.

• Your name is ScootersPlotArmour

Why would you name yourself hopefully inspired by one of the events of the game that you don't like..?

Why do people even like Tales? Sure, gameplay and everything is the best. But the story? NAH. It's like those old TOMI and S&M series. Simple story without much complex details like in TWAU.

• Hopefully they make a season 2. That would be the best.

• I never said that I don't like the game. What are you saying?

and I do like scooter to live.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Your name is ScootersPlotArmour Why would you name yourself hopefully inspired by one of the events of the game that you don't like..?

• When you ask people why they like Tales, it kinds of implies that you dont. Was that not what you meant?

I never said that I don't like the game. What are you saying? and I do like scooter to live.

• I'd probably agree.

Though I do think the Wolf Among Us was great and the Walking Dead (first season) was oustanding.

I probably enjoyed this the most and thought they did a great job with it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.