New site! Woo!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited November 2006 in Site Support
Hey guys, hope you like the new site. We've been working on it for a while, and we've still got a lot to do. Enjoy, and try not to break anything too badly!

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I really love the new site. It seems there is still a bit of work to be done on it (broken images and links), but it's looking great so far.

I'm especially excited about Telltale Now (which offers Al Emmo, Samorost, Ankh, and others)!

I'll be sure to add a blurb about it on my homepage.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Thanks. A lot of work went into it. (And will continue to go into it!) I'm glad it's finally seeing the light of day.

As Jake mentioned in his blog, we still have some things to finish and there are things that need fixing, but with Culture Shock coming out on Wednesday we didn't want to wait any longer.
  • edited October 2006
    Looks great, but the forums look like they still need a lot of work to look like the main site. But kudos on the site!
    edited October 2006
    The forums will be themed differently in the not to distant future. This is the default vBulletin theme.
  • edited October 2006
    It would have been nice (I have no idea how practical this would have been, though) for our forum accounts to be transferred over...
  • MelMel
    edited October 2006
    It's so purty! :)
    edited October 2006
    Maratanos wrote: »
    It would have been nice (I have no idea how practical this would have been, though) for our forum accounts to be transferred over...

Yeah, it would have been nice, but a nightmare to implement since the forum accounts and MyTelltale accounts were two separate entities. We thought about it for a long time and finally decided that making people rereigster for the forums was the lesser of two evils.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Marantos, if you'd like us to wire your new and old forum accounts together, we can do so. The problem was that we had two account systems - Telltale Games website accounts, and Telltale Forum accounts - and after a lot of deliberating about what to do or how to somehow stitch the two sets of accounts together reliably, we decided it was simplest and cleanest in the long term to just keep one of the two account databases. Needless to say, we decided to keep the one which contains peoples newsletter subscription settings and game purchase records :)
  • edited October 2006
    That's fine, it's not a big deal.
  • edited October 2006
    Yup... send me a PM with your old username and I'll take care of it. Or post it here if you like.
  • edited October 2006
    Alucard. thanks in advance for the fix
  • edited October 2006
    If it's not too much work, could you do it for me as well? My old user name was Haggis, just like now.
  • edited October 2006
    Same. Maratanos
  • edited October 2006
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Same. Maratanos

I already did you :)

Alucard and Haggis are both done now, also.
  • edited October 2006
    Wow. This is extremely quality. Nice job, guys.
  • edited October 2006
    tabacco wrote: »
    Alucard and Haggis are both done now, also.
    Thank you! Now I feel complete again. :)
  • edited November 2006
    GameTap is still linking to the old Telltale board on their Sam and Max page.

http://www.gametap.com/samandmax
This discussion has been closed.