crush or keep? (ep 5 spoilers)

so in episode 5 did you crush rhys echo eye or keep it and does anything happen differently i kept mine because i may need it for series 2 if it gets made

Comments

• Crushed it.

• I kept it. I can just imagine rhys carrying around a jack tamagotchi in his pockets that commentates on everything rhys does.

• Despite all that Jack has done, I just couldn't bring myself to kill him. He's a murderer, a fascist, an egotist, and a maniac, but even with all that, I couldn't destroy him.

• Crush. Keep can only lead to bad.

• Kept in the hopes of seeing such an amazing character again, however unlikely. ;_;

• I crushed it. He had to be eliminated.

• I kept it, couldn't kill him after that plea. Maybe one day he can be reprogrammed to play nice or something....or used the way he used Felicity.

• Crushed it. I win, Jack.

• Which always equals fun am I right? Im right.

Jake360 posted: »

Crush. Keep can only lead to bad.

• Kept it. What fun is Pandora without a pocket full of trouble?

• I decided enough was enough, and I crushed it. I just felt like Jacks time was finally up.

• Kept it because I just couldn't kill such a great villain.

• edited October 2015

Crushed it. Nobody messes with Rhysha.

• Let's be honest if there's a way to do something bad Jack will find it, that guy never changes and yeah I kept him

I kept it, couldn't kill him after that plea. Maybe one day he can be reprogrammed to play nice or something....or used the way he used Felicity.

• Sadly, I crushed it. Took me a long time to come to a decision though.

• Not when Rhys ends up dead

Which always equals fun am I right? Im right.

• I kept it. Didn't really think about the fact that Handsome Jack was still inside, more to keep the memories in my pocket.

• Crushed. He deserved it. Weeeeeell, actually he probably deserves way worse. But that was the option. So...Love him lots, but yeah, bye Jack.

• I crushed It. It just seemed like the right thing for Rhys to do, after finally realizing what a dangerous ass jack was.

• edited October 2015

As much of a pain in the ass he was, Handsome Jack is what made me love the Borderlands world in the first place and I couldn't imagine it without him being in it in some kind of way, he's one of my favourite villains. Even though I was glad Rhys was free of him, I had to have SOME small hope that he could come back. So of course I kept it. I mean, look at that handsome face! (or mask, whatever)

enter image description here

• edited October 2015

I kept it.

Please, Gearbox. You have so much POTENTIAL with AI Jack. Make it so that Rhys keeping the eye is canon.

• I told Jack sorry and crushed it because I didn't want him to be trapped also it felt Like a fitting end. it was time for Rhys to move on and he couldn't do that with handsome Jack holding him back. you are my favorite character Jack.

• I didnt crush it. My idea is Rhys eventually puts the AI (though now only able to talk and not do anything) into an Atlas gun so the gun can now talk.

The gun will be called "The Jackal"

• I crushed it because Rhys just mutilated himself to get away from Jack so there was no way I would keep Jack's AI in any form. Easiest decision of the game.

• Jack is my favorite character in all of Borderlands. He is the funniest and one of the most interesting characters, and I just couldn't deal with him really being gone, so I kept him.

• That's actually a really cool idea. My hope is that Rhys appears representing Atlas in BL3 (assuming it will be present-day), and maybe that kind of thing could appear in one of his missions.

X12-1992 posted: »

I didnt crush it. My idea is Rhys eventually puts the AI (though now only able to talk and not do anything) into an Atlas gun so the gun can now talk. The gun will be called "The Jackal"

• As close as my Rhys and Jack were at one point, and their friendship was a secret throughout the entire game because I wanted to respect Jack's wishes for that to be so, Rhys refusing the Hyperion throne shows Jack's true colors much more than agreeing to do whatever Jack wants. After all of the things he said after putting himself in the system, it seemed to me like any friendship they had was crushed right then and there.

So I crushed Jack. I did say sorry because I think Rhys was sorry, but I don't think he was exactly apologizing for Jack's downfall. That was inevitable and Jack deserved it. I think I chose for him to say I'm sorry because their friendship was destroyed by Rhy's decision (but my Rhys didn't want it and ultimately, I would have wanted Jack to respect that) and at the end of the day, if their friendship ever meant anything at all, crushing it and saying goodbye would be the right thing to do.

I don't view it as Rhys winning the fight. I see this as Jack and Rhys finally being on equal ground.

• I think he is coming back no matter what you did.

• I kept it....and I'm not sure why

• Crushed it. He was too dangerous. Besides, he basically said that it was hell, when he was not connected. Not going to leave someone in a torture chamber forever.

• I crushed it. Didn't you hear Jack? He's hellbent on getting back at Rhys for beating him, and only represents a danger, not just to Rhys, but to everyone. Jacks story should end here.

• I said good-bye and crushed it.

• same

Hydra_Hell posted: »

I kept it....and I'm not sure why

• I said sorry and kept it. I couldn't get rid of Handsome Jack; he's my favorite villain next to Albert Wesker.

• Holy shit me and my friend were talking about this very idea earlier today. A really good idea would be like putting the eye into Rhys's old arm and having an actual functional finger gun with Jack's voice for sound effects. That would be the best weapon ever.

X12-1992 posted: »

I didnt crush it. My idea is Rhys eventually puts the AI (though now only able to talk and not do anything) into an Atlas gun so the gun can now talk. The gun will be called "The Jackal"

• I hated jack since the beginning, so I crushed it.

• crushed it with out a doubt.

This discussion has been closed.