The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Thank you! Mostly cash, did get 2 games on PS4 and a controller, fishing/boating equipment and new shoes though

Markd4547 posted: »

I'm late happy birthday What presents u get?

• Oh my god, a fidget spinner movie...

if you're curious as to why the emoji movie is so bad, don't pay for a ticket to see it please, the more money people throw at the film the

• edited August 2017

Rewatching 'Misery' made me realize just how chilling that infamous scene is, with Moonlight Sonatra playing in the background.
    (For anyone who hasn't seen it I won't spoil it for you).

• The book is more unsettling.

Rewatching 'Misery' made me realize just how chilling that infamous scene is, with Moonlight Sonatra playing in the background. (For anyone who hasn't seen it I won't spoil it for you).

• Yeah I heard.

The book is more unsettling.

• I watched one of the classic horror movies of 1970's, "Carrie". I thought it wouldn't interest me but after being mentioned so many times in youtube, I decided to give it a try. And oh boy, seeing bullies getting bullied is so satisfying.

• I genuinely love this song.

• It appears to be the Stephen King season for some people (Me included) :D

AronDracula posted: »

I watched one of the classic horror movies of 1970's, "Carrie". I thought it wouldn't interest me but after being mentioned so many times in youtube, I decided to give it a try. And oh boy, seeing bullies getting bullied is so satisfying.

• Huh, so that's what getting banned is like, interesting.

• "Will it hurt baby top of his head?"
    I lost it XD

• edited August 2017

I'm so glad I discovered this film.

LES YEUX SANS VISAGE:

EYES WITHOUT A FACE (dir. Georges Franju)

• I finally got registered for college today. School literally starts Monday. I've taken my sweet time to say the least.

• edited August 2017

So I bought of bottle of this sauce and tried it today. It's 800,000 Scoville.

It's spicy as fuck. I've got a stomach ache from eating a couple drops from it.

• You gonna be okay?

lupinb0y posted: »

So I bought of bottle of this sauce and tried it today. It's 800,000 Scoville. It's spicy as fuck. I've got a stomach ache from eating a couple drops from it.

• I remember seeing that bottle in a hot sauce store in Vegas.

So I bought of bottle of this sauce and tried it today. It's 800,000 Scoville. It's spicy as fuck. I've got a stomach ache from eating a couple drops from it.

• I'd definitly be interested. I'm a filthy smark who lacks friends that watch wrestling.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Anyone else up for a wrestling thread here soon? Even if you don't watch it, you can share your opinion on it.

• Oh my god, it did it! It finally did it!

Modern Family Guy FINALLY made me laugh!

• Well, just be glad it hasn't gotten to the "DEATH" part of "Blair's Ultra DEATH Sauce"

• edited August 2017

So... I just saw Baby Driver. That new movie from Edgar Wright?
    I just want to say that it was amazing. I'm sure I had a grin plastered across my face for about 80% of the time because of how well everything came together. The music, the fights, the chasing, the humour, and the sweet editing and visual cues Edgar loves to have in his movies... all good. Whenever I think of that movie, my brain just goes... Oh Yeaahhh....

Think of it as a mix between a heist movie and the sweet tunes from Guardians of the Galaxy.
    A lot of the music was kind of obscure, but was totally fine. It broadened my horizons a bit.

Without going too much into spoiler territory, the things that stuck out (in good ways and bad) were this:

• The gunfights were my favourite part of the movie. The gunshots mixed with the music, all perfectly timed was glorious. I was silently overjoyed once one of them occurred.
    • The choreography of the chases was thrilling. Some moments really made it feel like Baby was the best at what he does. Driving.
    • I really enjoy the cues of ringing in sections where there's a down time of music. Helps to relate to what Baby is going through, while providing background noise and sometimes highlighting an intense moment. (See, the main character has Tinnitus. He's got a bunch of buzzing in his ears so he drowns it all out with music a lot.) Some people may find it annoying, but I like that detail they decided to add. When the Sony logo popped up before the movie, and the "bing!" kept ringing throughout the theater... I immediately knew that this movie was made with care. Well, in some aspects.
    • The two main downsides I found to the movie was that.. First: in some parts it was hard to understand what characters were saying. Not because of other noise, but the way they were talking made it difficult to understand. Jamie Foxx's first few scenes were difficult to understand what he was saying.
      Second: I felt that the climax of the third act dragged on for a bit too long.

Seriously, go see this movie. I loved it, and would love to see it again. Really memorable, and wonderfully crafted. I for sure did not want to step on the breaks for this one.
    If I were any good at rating things I think it'd be a nice 9.5 out of 10.
    PM me if you want to talk about it a bit more.

• Yeah I'm fine. It only took a couple hours for it to go away (which probably isn't a good thing but whatever).

You gonna be okay?

• I've bought their MEGA DEATH sauce before... because of the name and the skull keychain.

I didn't really like it.

• weeb

I genuinely love this song.

• "How can a 9 year old get prangnet" definitely not shady at all

• jojo is not for weebs, okay? jojo is fucking high quality sophisticated content crafted by the gods. none of that sword art online shit.

weeb

• edited August 2017

ooo Stephen King chat!

One of my favourite film adaptations of his work is Christine. Might even be my favourite*.

I'm going to be as vague as possible for those whom have not seen it.

I love how... You can't see him in the car and that little addition makes all the difference. We're left wondering. How far did he go? We don't know. It's a good movie and I'm totally NOT a car guy.

• The Shawshank Redemption doesn't count. It's too far removed from the source material. Throw The Shining in that boat too.
  • Hey

BeyondEnder posted: »

@AronDracula Hey.

• Right now, It's 7:30 AM and I've just pulled off an all-nighter. I've just finished my breakfast, and I'm trying to make it through the day with a shitload of Pepsi.

• Have you found the meaning of life?

Huh, so that's what getting banned is like, interesting.

• If I can give you my pseudo-professional advice in staying all-night (three years in college) - Pepsi will make you sit on the toilet, try exercise or cold shower to wake yourself up. Drink water, no coffee and keep yourself busy with stuff.

Right now, It's 7:30 AM and I've just pulled off an all-nighter. I've just finished my breakfast, and I'm trying to make it through the day with a shitload of Pepsi.

• I'll remember that. Right now, I haven't even finished my first cup.

fallandir posted: »

If I can give you my pseudo-professional advice in staying all-night (three years in college) - Pepsi will make you sit on the toilet, try exercise or cold shower to wake yourself up. Drink water, no coffee and keep yourself busy with stuff.

• W E E B

enter image description here

jojo is not for weebs, okay? jojo is fucking high quality sophisticated content crafted by the gods. none of that sword art online shit.

• I had learned the meaning of life long ago my friend. The meaning of life is...Metallica.

fallandir posted: »

Have you found the meaning of life?

• I agree.

I had learned the meaning of life long ago my friend. The meaning of life is...Metallica.

• edited August 2017

I just watched and... wow. I thought I was desensitized to violence. But this is a lot more brutal than I thought it would be. It's extremely dark but very well animated. Gonna need some eyebleach to purge this from my mind now.

• edited August 2017

I'm posting this here for anyone interested, here's the first 6 minutes (Car chase) of Baby Driver.
    (EDIT: Fun fact - Edgar Wright first listened to the song in this first scene in his twenties, and imagined how well it would sound in a car chase scene. So when trying to find a piece of work to do after not being able to land Ant-Man, this film was born).

AChicken posted: »

So... I just saw Baby Driver. That new movie from Edgar Wright? I just want to say that it was amazing. I'm sure I had a grin plastered ac

• I'm dead inside after watching this...

I just watched and... wow. I thought I was desensitized to violence. But this is a lot more brutal than I thought it would be. It's extremely dark but very well animated. Gonna need some eyebleach to purge this from my mind now.

• Seeing Homer cry fucks me up.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.