The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited May 2018

I mean, they've been doing this for ten years now so.... Yes?

AronDracula posted: »

Can you even call this game Call of Duty?

• edited May 2018

Everybody look at this!!!!! Battlefield V Official Multiplayer Teaser! Full Gameplay Trailer Soon! WW2? Yes WW2 Baby! boy Battlefield is killing it! WW2 from this teaser trailer looks very likely!

• black ops 4 gets a battle royale mode.
    I wonder what’s next? Life is strange: battle royale?

• The Queen of England is a lizard. There’s one that will get us both hanged.

Man...I miss controversial subjects.

• *closes blinds, locks doors*

...her purse.... is prop.

Melton23 posted: »

The Queen of England is a lizard. There’s one that will get us both hanged.

• Everything.... is prop. We live in a simulation, nothing is real

Johro posted: »

*closes blinds, locks doors* ...her purse.... is prop.

• Since it finally came up, I must complain.
    The "A" button on my laptop works on a lottery system.
    Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it gives me nothing, and sometimes it gives me two "A"s.
    It's actually rather annoying.

• @Johro
    I know the feeling. ?

I'm starting to like this new Windows Update.
    Voice texting, windows emojis at a single button command. This is gonna workout great. ?

• Pong: Battle Royale

MegaXD posted: »

black ops 4 gets a battle royale mode. I wonder what’s next? Life is strange: battle royale?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I wanna quickly vent about a pet peeve of mine: people who don't explore stuff in video games, especially the more narrative driven ones.

For the most relatable example, people that just rush through the hubs in Telltale games without talking to anyone. There's all that extra dialogue and little character moments that you miss out on, and I can't shake this feeling that the people that do this have played an indirect role Telltale deciding to cut back on hubs and optional conversations in their later games.

Some people just think of flavor text or little background details as being pointless and irrelevant, and sometimes they indeed are, but most of the time there's a lot of world building and character building you miss out on by skipping over this stuff. Games with notes/diaries/video logs/etc that explain things, optional conversations with characters, interacting with objects in the environment, or just exploration in general in the more open world type games. I also can't help but feel for the writers/designers/artists who make this stuff, only for some people to glaze right over it like it's not even there.

Surely I'm not the only one that gets a bit miffed when people skip over all the little things, right?

• It only really bothers me when people do it and then complain the game is too short.
    There's been a few instances where I've played/marathoned a game in a single day(let's say GP of 10-14hrs), doing nothing but playing the game and maybe taking an hour to eat. Then you see people complaining the same game was too short(while, as an RPG fan, that is short...); that they beat it in 5hrs.
    Meanwhile, I'm reading this, thinking: "No %&*$ way you beat this in 5 hours".

That stuff annoys me. Missing little things, doesn't. The flavour is there for dedicated fans and should never be essential. Those are the places where you get the little developer nods.

Deltino posted: »

I wanna quickly vent about a pet peeve of mine: people who don't explore stuff in video games, especially the more narrative driven ones.

• man if i could change my username i'd totally change it to like seaofdreams or aquamarine or something. i know it'd be easier if i made it noah-something or a shorter version of my current name but those names i mentioned sound really pretty.

• that dog is in absolute shock. poor guy probably feels nothing but betrayal and vengeance in his heart.

lupinb0y posted: »

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/EQyeaC6.gifv

• edited May 2018

Dark Souls Remastered is getting good reviews so far. Can't wait to play it.

Oh wait, I forgot that I still have exams to complete

• Dude it's gonna be rad. I've been playing DS1 nearly every day for the past 2 years and seeing it in a new light is gonna be so fuckin cool. I pre-ordered it for PS4 last Saturday

Dark Souls Remastered is getting good reviews so far. Can't wait to play it. Oh wait, I forgot that I still have exams to complete

• After that, I really wanna try Dark Souls 3 but you seem to dislike it so much while other people seem to love it. If it has some mechanics from Bloodborne, then I'm sold :smile:

Dude it's gonna be rad. I've been playing DS1 nearly every day for the past 2 years and seeing it in a new light is gonna be so fuckin cool. I pre-ordered it for PS4 last Saturday

• Well, well, well. Looks like Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is not alone.

• edited May 2018

The character customisation is way too overdone and the trailer is an incoherent mess (which is disappointing considering how great the BF1 trailer was), but from what I've read about the games features, how the game will play and how it looks in screenshots without the weird ass characters it sounds great. I'll just sit here patiently waiting for a proper gameplay trailer.

Well, well, well. Looks like Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is not alone.

• WOW!! Great Job EA! You made it possible for me and everybody else not buy Battlefield V,Great Job Assholes!!! Why rewrite history and push agenda driven bullshit? Why!?!?!

Well, well, well. Looks like Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is not alone.

• And I thought WW2 was supposed to be a dark war event, not some Michael Bay garbage story. It looks like a game adaptation of Pearl Harbor.

I bet that Anthem will be the next to disappoint.

strwar3 posted: »

WOW!! Great Job EA! You made it possible for me and everybody else not buy Battlefield V,Great Job Assholes!!! Why rewrite history and push agenda driven bullshit? Why!?!?!

• Dark Souls 3 is basically a combo of the mechanics and elements from DS1 and Bloodborne but with no creativity or passion. That however is just the base game. DS3 is completely worth it purely for the DLC. I absolutely recommend picking it up if just to play The Ringed City.

After that, I really wanna try Dark Souls 3 but you seem to dislike it so much while other people seem to love it. If it has some mechanics from Bloodborne, then I'm sold

• I bet that Anthem will be the next to disappoint

That wouldn't surprise me at all! God,way to kill my fandom,EA! First,Mass Effect and now Battlefield and I wouldn't put it past them? Killing Dragon Age too.

And I thought WW2 was supposed to be a dark war event, not some Michael Bay garbage story. It looks like a game adaptation of Pearl Harbor. I bet that Anthem will be the next to disappoint.

• edited May 2018

DA:I was fine. Sure the multiplayer was an afterthought...as it should have been. The story was fine. DA2 was worse. Too many people re on the nostalgia wagon for that game. All it was, was recycled dungeon maps, over...and over...and over.

Andromeda wasn't very good. I don't know if that was EA's fault though. Were EA responsible for putting a writer in charge of a new development team? Maybe? Who knows? Don't get me wrong. I dislike EA. I really do. I just don't know exactly how involved they are with Bioware. It really doesn't seem like they are, as much as most of their studios. I know there are currently some "issues" at Bioware, but are those related to EA? Casey Hudson was brought back after all the numerous folks quit under the former GM. Anthem isn't even his game. The first new project under the new management will be DA4. I'm willing to give Bioware some slack until that comes out.

Washington > Vegas

That's my wish, not my educated guess.

I bet that Anthem will be the next to disappoint That wouldn't surprise me at all! God,way to kill my fandom,EA! First,Mass Effect and now Battlefield and I wouldn't put it past them? Killing Dragon Age too.

• edited May 2018

Me when I go online after the Battlefield 5 reveal.

(It's a salt mine)

• I was wondering, how does the spray cheese taste like?

• Battlefield used to be such an authentic, immersive series.

And I thought WW2 was supposed to be a dark war event, not some Michael Bay garbage story. It looks like a game adaptation of Pearl Harbor. I bet that Anthem will be the next to disappoint.

• I've never been good at biology, but it baffles me how my brain can remind me of a memory that I forgot existed, in full perfect detail like it was yesterday. Its awesome to know there was a unused brain cell ready to remind me about how when I was about 10, my dad brought me some drink coasters from his workplace. (Yeah its a pretty boring one, no wonder its been collecting dust in my memory banks all these years).

• edited May 2018

Solo Already a FLOP in China.A Worldwide Failure LOL!!!! OMG!!! it only made ¥0.75 million($0.12M) from Midnights. WOW!!! That's a bigggggggg flop!

Well I like to congratulate China for destroying this film and turning it into a flop. shadilay shadilay la mia libertà
    shadilay shadilay oh nooo
    shadilay shadilay oh sogno o realtà
    shadilay shadilay oh nooo
    vola nella mia vita, no non è finita
    io mi fermerò
    sciogli le mie vele, nel cielo e in fondo al mare
    io ti crederò
    Btw my gf wanted me to post those lyrics lol yup I'm a happy man.

• Ok, nobody else is saying this but the way you’ve been typing recently is starting to get on my nerves. Mind if you calm down a bit?

WOW!! Great Job EA! You made it possible for me and everybody else not buy Battlefield V,Great Job Assholes!!! Why rewrite history and push agenda driven bullshit? Why!?!?!

• what the fuck is this post

Solo Already a FLOP in China.A Worldwide Failure LOL!!!! OMG!!! it only made ¥0.75 million($0.12M) from Midnights. WOW!!! That's a biggggggg

• edited May 2018

Sorry that was my gf typing in there. :P very sorry but her point she is making is that this movie is flopping in China. The video I posted in the post was from a guy who seems very correctly predicted the flop of this Solo movie. Just so you know? She HATES this movie already.

what the fuck is this post

• My favorite thing about movies is that they’re subjective.

Please consider the fact that Paddington and Paddington 2, a prequel and a sequel about a CGI bear, are rated at 98% and 100% before you rely on Rotten Tomatoes to determine if a movie is going to be good or bad.

Critic reviews are their opinions.

Sorry that was my gf typing in there. :P very sorry but her point she is making is that this movie is flopping in China. The video I posted

• you rely on Rotten Tomatoes to determine if a movie is going to be good or bad.

Critic reviews are their opinions.

I don't always rely on Rotten Tomatoes. It is my gf who relys on them lol but sometimes they seem to get it right about how bad a movie is or how good it is. But sometimes I think some critics are paid reviews than actual reviews.

My favorite thing about movies is that they’re subjective. Please consider the fact that Paddington and Paddington 2, a prequel and a seq

• that like... that doesn't help answer my question very much but uh, i'm glad your gf could share her thoughts in an interesting manor?

Sorry that was my gf typing in there. :P very sorry but her point she is making is that this movie is flopping in China. The video I posted

• edited May 2018

The critics are only paid off when they give a movie you don't like a good review.

Get off your high horse.

you rely on Rotten Tomatoes to determine if a movie is going to be good or bad. Critic reviews are their opinions. I don't always

• Beautiful. Just like my grandpappy told me ;-;

MichaelBP posted: »

Battlefield used to be such an authentic, immersive series.

• I remember hearing stories of how my great-grandpa used to pull off stuff like this

I was so happy to see it for myself in Battlefield 1.

lupinb0y posted: »

Beautiful. Just like my grandpappy told me ;-;

• edited May 2018

Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying that because a movie about a CGI bear got good reviews from critics we shouldn't take their opinions seriously? If so why suggest that opinions are not facts as well as say movie tastes are subjective if you're going to (seemingly) imply that they're wrong for highly praising a movie starring a CGI bear? I only watched a few parts of the first Paddington movie so I can't give my impression of it but The Lego Movie is one of my favorite animated movies of all time and everyone I knew said it was going to be an obnoxious cash-in before it released but it got universal acclaim on Rotten Tomatoes. I get the message you wanted to get across though.

My favorite thing about movies is that they’re subjective. Please consider the fact that Paddington and Paddington 2, a prequel and a seq

• I'm so grateful that Dice went above and beyond to make their World War 1 simulator so realistic. It's an absolutely travesty that they've already ruined their upcoming World War 2 simulator.

MichaelBP posted: »

I remember hearing stories of how my great-grandpa used to pull off stuff like this I was so happy to see it for myself in Battlefield 1.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.