The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I'm going through the Uncharted series again, and I started playing Uncharted 2 today. I originally said "Okay, I'm only going to play for about an hour, at most, two." Next thing I knew, I'm 60% through the game and it's 5 hours later. In my defense, it is Uncharted 2, it's such a good game.

• other media tie-ins it's getting, a four issue comic series that's halfway done and a television series being produced by the Russo Brothers,

Wow. This game's impact is bigger than I thought. Never heard it was getting a bunch of other media extensions.

I've never played Little Nightmares, though waiting for a good price. Is it a good game? It looks like an enjoyable yet creepy puzzle-platformer.
    The DLC any good as well?

lupinb0y posted: »

I really hope that Tarsier Studios makes another Little Nightmares game or at the very least another horror game like it. I really enjoyed t

• It's very good in my opinion. If you've ever played Limbo or Inside it plays a bit like that but with the added ability to go up and down instead of just left and right. The atmosphere is almost constantly unsettling and the creatures in the game are really well designed. The sound design is also very good with many of the monsters making these really horrible noises, especially the Chefs. With the game having no dialogue the story is all show don't tell so you're gonna have to kinda guess what's going on. There are a couple issues, mostly with players sometimes having to guess whether or not they can actually make a jump, but nothing major.

The DLC takes place during the events of the base game with you playing as a different character exploring a different area of the map and introducing a couple new antagonists. It all ties together by the end though, however aside from the ending I don't think it's as memorable as the base game. Still good though.

There's the Steam Lunar Sale coming up in like a week so maybe the price for it will drop then.

AChicken posted: »

other media tie-ins it's getting, a four issue comic series that's halfway done and a television series being produced by the Russo Brothers

• I finally managed to finish the original Dark Souls and now I see why most people think this is the best of the Soulsborne franchise. It has the best level design, the outfits were actually affecting the player's weight unlike in the sequels and it felt more semi-open world than the later games which were kind of linear. It's definitely one of the best games I've ever played but I don't know if I like it more than Bloodborne which is the one that introduced me to the franchise. I sure loved it more than Dark Souls 3 which was just too easy.

My favorite boss of the game has to be Ornstein and Smough. But I gotta say, I did NOT have that much trouble with them. I beat them on the second try. Sure I had some close calls but overall, it's not as hard as people say it is. Nameless King and Orphan of Kos are the ones who gave me anxiety. Patience is what defeated them.

I haven't done much in free roam, I didn't manage to collect every important item, I screwed up some NPC questlines and I haven't started the DLC yet. Time for me to start the New Game Plus. And it's crazy because Dark Souls 3 didn't convince me enough to start NG+ right now.

• edited January 2019

Mmmmm… Just recently bought this guy.

Artist-made, Marvel/Sony licensed poster of Spider-Verse.
    It's uh... a lot of money. Total of 68$USD for Poster+Shipping, or 90$CAD total. But I figure I'm a big enough fan of it, and it being a once-in-a-lifetime thing (due to sales of this thing ending tonight at Midnight ET).. just go for it. I don't take advantage of those moments enough so I figured I'd lavishly treat myself.
    It should arrive in one-and-a-half to two months.

• So, after a conversation with my brother, the fact that the game is also on Xbox One has arisen the notion of me getting the game for myself. Trying to decide if I wanna go do that tomorrow.

• TWO 45s, ONE WITH 40 CHEESE

• Getting really salty with Epic trying to buy their way out of competing with Steam. I didn't really care about the past few games that got bought out by Epic but they finally got to a game I'm actually excited for, Metro: Exodus, especially since it was on such short notice.

I really hope that the Epic Store ends up not doing as well as they'd hope because what they're doing is super shitty. They're trying to get to Steam's level by throwing money at developers but without providing the features and support that Steam currently has. They're actively trying to force people to have to use their stores. Now this would be all well and good if this was only for original games that you could only get at their store (ala EA's Origin) but they're literally ripping games from Steam.

• So I saw what happened with Telltale's Jurassic Park and holy shit.

• edited January 2019

Wowie. I didn't really know Rockstar's stories have recently gotten pretty gameplay-restrictive.
    I don't know, never played any myself... but it's just an odd thing given how touted their games are for freedom in the open-world.

• You know what sucks most to me when I get ill? Loosing my ability to taste anything it drives me insane....I couldn't care less about any symptoms that comes with a cold but that....

• That’s so amazing!

Mmmmm… Just recently bought this guy. Artist-made, Marvel/Sony licensed poster of Spider-Verse. It's uh... a lot of money. Total of

• Me when I glance over at the Walking Dead forums.

• Why the fuck are there so many youtube users having a Deus Ex profile pic? It's literally in every single video I watch.

• MaximillianMus

AronDracula posted: »

Why the fuck are there so many youtube users having a Deus Ex profile pic? It's literally in every single video I watch.

• Worst meme of 2019 calling it from now.

Ghetsis posted: »

MaximillianMus

• explanation

AronDracula posted: »

Why the fuck are there so many youtube users having a Deus Ex profile pic? It's literally in every single video I watch.

• edited January 2019

On a related note

(While not created in 2019, it's become popular in the new year, and is one of my favourites and most soothing thus far)
    Smug Hat Kid Dancin'

• There's something catchy about this mix...

On a related note (While not created in 2019, it's become popular in the new year, and is one of my favourites and most soothing thus far) Smug Hat Kid Dancin'

• I like listening to the sounds of hamsters eating. It's my kind of ASMR.

• edited January 2019

You know, it says something when the title cutscene of KHIII is

just a recap of all of the chronological games occasionally interspliced with

Young Eraquus and Xehanort playing chess.

as an orchestra plays the game's theme.

Great sign.

• This show keeps getting more and more interesting as a time-loop TV show.

(Oh, right, it's out tomorrow! Cooool!)

The concept isn't necessarily original, but I'm interested in how this time-loop type of plot could be used in a TV format. "Russian Doll" Season 1

• Pan Pizza sent me there.

• I prefer the Jimmy Neutron version

DabigRG posted: »

Pan Pizza sent me there.

• Saw a video comparing the Let it Go scenes in Frozen and Kingdom Hearts 3. Holy shit I cannot believe they painstakingly recreated the entire sequence in-engine. It's not perfect (a bit of iffy animation and certain angles are different) but that must have taken an insane amount of time to do. It also reminded me how much I liked the song when I first saw the movie all those years ago.

• edited February 2019

Guess I know what to expect now.
    That's just snark rather than a complaint, btw.

Saw a video comparing the Let it Go scenes in Frozen and Kingdom Hearts 3. Holy shit I cannot believe they painstakingly recreated the entir

• Woohoo, Dragon Prince Season 2 trailer, season premieres February 15th.

• Didn't that show just come out a few months ago?

That's a pretty fast release.

Woohoo, Dragon Prince Season 2 trailer, season premieres February 15th.

• The first season came out in September, and a second was formally announced in October.

Didn't that show just come out a few months ago? That's a pretty fast release.

• edited February 2019

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAAAY!!!

I've started watching Russian Doll. I'm two episodes in and it's a fun show to watch. The time-loop plot is interesting to see adapted to a TV format. I don't understand every joke (maybe there's just some specific humour or other witty vocab in there I just don't understand but..) The things I do get I like. And I like most of it so far.

• What a coincidence, they just announced a Groundhog Day game for PSVR.

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAAAY!!! I've started watching Russian Doll. I'm two episodes in and it's a fun show to watch. The time-loop plot is int

• So 4A Games just threatened to not release the next Metro game on PC if there's a boycott for Metro: Exodus. So now if the game actually doesn't sell that well on PC due to it's (albeit temporary) exclusivity on the Epic Store, PC players are probably fucked if this threat is legitimate.

I honestly believed that Deep Silver was behind the store switch but it's evident now that it was a decision by 4A Games. This is all very disappointing cause i love the Metro games but this has made me lose a lot of respect for the devs.

• edited February 2019

My God... so they did! And it's really (somewhat) based on the movie given certain design choices (the flip-clock being a key recurring element) and, well... Sony's at the helm. Columbia [-Sony] did make the original...

Now this is a concept perfect for a video game. Puzzle-based, replayable…

What a coincidence, they just announced a Groundhog Day game for PSVR.

• edited February 2019

So, the Annie Awards (an awards show for Animated Films and Television programs that I've never heard of until now) aired recently, and there are some good winners for it. Just something I found out that I want to share, because it's got a few things I've been eagerly following this year.
    Here are some notable ones that I'm either super-pleased about, or I just recognise the name of the title and am sharing it in case others might know of it. The full list of nominees and winners can be found on the Annie Awards Website.

Best Animated Feature
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse
    Sony Pictures Animation
    WOOOO!

Best Animated Independent Feature
    Mirai
    Studio Chizu
    WOOOO!

Best Animated Special Production
    Mary Poppins Returns
    Walt Disney Studios

Best Animated Short Subject
    Weekends
    past lives productions

Virtual Reality Production
    Crow: The Legend
    Baobab Studios

Best Animated Television/Broadcast Production for Children
    Hilda
    Episode: Chapter 1: The Hidden People
    Silvergate Media Company, Netflix Inc. and Mercury Filmworks
    YESSSS!! Totally deserves it. It's the best children's show of last year. Wholesome, beautiful, very well-animated and a good story and characters to boot.

Best General Audience Animated Television/Broadcast Production
    BoJack Horseman
    Episode: The Dog Days are Over
    Tornante Productions, LLC for Netflix

Student Film
    Best Friend
    Nicholas Olivieri, Yi Shen, Juliana De Lucca, Varun Nair, David Feliu

Animated Effects in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
    Tales of Arcadia: Trollhunters
    Episode: The Eternal Knight Pt. 2
    DreamWorks Animation Television
    Visual Effects Supervisor: David M.V. Jones
    Overseas FX Supervisor: Vincent Chou
    Overseas Lead FX Artist: Clare Yang

Animated Effects in an Animated Feature Production
    Ralph Breaks The Internet
    Walt Disney Animation Studios
    Head of Effects Animation: Cesar Velazquez
    Effects Lead: Marie Tollec
    Effects Lead: Alexander Moaveni
    Effects Lead: Peter DeMund
    Foundation Effects Lead: Ian J. Coony

Character Animation in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
    Hilda
    Episode: (Various Episodes)
    Character Animator: Scott Lewis
    Characters: The King, Hilda, Alfur
    YEAHHH!!

Character Animation in an Animated Feature Production
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    Sony Pictures Animation
    Animator: David Han
    Character: Multiple
    I feel like Isle of Dogs should have won this one.

Character Animation in a Live Action Production
    Mary Poppins Returns
    Walt Disney Pictures
    Chris Sauve: Chris Sauve
    James Baxter: James Baxter
    Sandro Cleuzo: Sandro Cleuzo

Character Animation in a Video Game
    GRIS
    Nomada Studio
    Lead Animator: Adrian Miguel
    Character: Gris (Cinematics and In-Game)
    Lead Animator: Adrian Garcia
    Character: Gris (Cinematics)
    Lead Animator: Adrian Miguel
    Character: Sombra
    Never heard of it. Maybe it's that good. I'll let you know that God of War and Marvel's Spider-Man were also nominated here, so good job for them.

Character Design in an Animated Feature Production
    Sony Pictures Animation
    Shiyoon Kim : Shiyoon Kim Character: Uncle
    Aaron, Rio, Peter, Miles, King Pin, Gwen,
    Aunt May, Goblin, Jefferson
    Now this is well-deserved.

Directing in an Animated Feature Production
    Sony Pictures Animation
    Director: Bob Persichetti
    Director: Rodney Rothman
    Director: Peter Ramsey
    Yeah these guys did a great job bringing this project to life.

Music in an Animated Feature Production
    Incredibles 2
    Pixar Animation Studios
    Composer: Michael Giacchino

Production Design in an Animated Feature Production
    Sony Pictures Animation
    Production Design: Justin K. Thompson

Storyboarding in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
    Disney Mickey Mouse WINNER (TIE)
    Episode: Carnaval
    Disney Television Animation
    Storyboard Artist: Ramirez Ramos Alonso

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles WINNER (TIE)
    Episode: Mystic Mayhem
    Nickelodeon Animation Studio
    Storyboard Artist: Kevin Molina-Ortiz
    Who knew that ties could happen? At least in this awards show, they can. :/

Storyboarding in an Animated Feature Production
    Incredibles 2
    Pixar Animation Studios
    Storyboard Artist: Dean Kelly
    They had some pretty great action scenes in this movie so I'm sure the storyboarding was top-notch.

Voice Acting in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
    BoJack Horseman
    Episode: Free Churro
    Tornante Productions, LLC for Netflix
    Voice Actor: Will Arnett
    Character: BoJack

Voice Acting in an Animated Featured Production
    Isle of Dogs
    Fox Searchlight Pictures / Indian Paintbrush /
    American Empirical Pictures
    Chief: Bryan Cranston
    Character: Chief
    Cool.

Writing in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
    Hilda
    Episode: Chapter 8: The Tide Mice
    Writer: Stephanie Simpson
    Ohhh yeah. Really well written. This show isn't gonna make you cringe, no siree. Episode 8 is truly the best episode so they picked the right one there.

Writing in an Animated Feature Production
    Sony Pictures Animation
    Writer: Phil Lord
    Writer: Rodney Rothman

Editorial in an Animated Feature Production
    Sony Pictures Animation
    Nominee: Bob Fisher
    Nominee: Andrew Leviton
    Nominee: Vivek Sharma

So... congrats to Spider-Verse for getting a Nomination/Win ratio of 7:7, alongside Hilda on the TV side of bringing in 3:3.
    Things are looking a little brighter for Spidey at the Oscars.

• Nice to see Hilda get a ton of recognition! Hopefully this incentives Netflix to never cancel the show. Too bad the second season'll only be out in 2020.

I feel like Isle of Dogs should have won this one.

To be fair, Spider-verse visually did things no other animated feature has done before to the point where their animation style is being patented. Isle of Dogs, while an extremely impressive stop motion movie which I loved, hasn't technically done anything incredibly new in terms of animation.

So, the Annie Awards (an awards show for Animated Films and Television programs that I've never heard of until now) aired recently, and ther

• edited February 2019

Too bad the second season'll only be out in 2020.

That show needs the love and care. It's far (though actually 2020 is just next year) but it should be worth it. By this point, I think the show has adapted nearly all the books released so far, so they're going to have to come up with a lot more original stories for a second season.

their animation style is being patented

Actually, Sony's animation Technology used to make this film is being patented, not so much the animation style itself.
    Here and over here (among other places) for news about it.

Nice to see Hilda get a ton of recognition! Hopefully this incentives Netflix to never cancel the show. Too bad the second season'll only be

• Yeah but I want more NOW :p

There are two books that the show hasn't adapted yet, one of which hasn't even been released yet. But i don't think that'll be an issue because I'm pretty sure like half of the first season were original stories and it helps that the original author is involved with the show.

Actually, Sony's animation Technology used to make this film is being patented

My mistake, but you get the gist of it. If new tech was created just for this thing and the tech works it probably deserves the award.

Too bad the second season'll only be out in 2020. That show needs the love and care. It's far (though actually 2020 is just next yea

• Looks like Deep Silver is running back on what that 4A Games dev said about potentially stopping developing games on PC which is good. But at this point the damage is kinda done. It was also confirmed that Deep Silver was behind the move to the Epic Store which redeems 4A a bit in my eyes.

• Still alive eh?

• Yep.

Johro posted: »

Still alive eh?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.