The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Me, about to type "but those games are years old wtf u talkin about Aron"

The internet: Henry Stickmin is now on Steam

Wow. Thanks internet. And thanks Aron for bringing this to my attention.

AronDracula posted: »

No, you're wrong. The real game of the year is easily the Henry Stickmin collection and this one scene alone proves it.

• Which, first, is cool since Dying Light 2 is supposed to come out by the end of the year.

Unfortunately it's been delayed indefinitely so there isn't a specific release date anymore. The Hellraid stuff is to help tide over fans.

Techland are fantastic though. It's insane that they're still so supportive of the game even after five years.

AChicken posted: »

In terms of more updates to big games these days, Techland just recently released their paid shelved-project-now-expansion to Dying Light: H

• You're welcome. I grew up playing those games through the internet. I remember laughing my ass off to some of those fails and always felt satisfied to find references of other media through those games.

You really need to check out the latest game, "Completing the Mission". It's easily the best of franchise. Not only that, they also remastered the previous games with better graphics, better animation and the first one was remade from scratch to respect the continuity of those games. This is one of the video game franchises that got better with each installment.

Me, about to type "but those games are years old wtf u talkin about Aron" The internet: Henry Stickmin is now on Steam Wow. Thanks internet. And thanks Aron for bringing this to my attention.

• Sam & Max figurines are reportedly out of the factory and almost available! A bit pricey for me, but I won't judge you if you buy four of them to recreate the time elevator scene.

https://bossfightshop.com/collections/sam-max

• InGen did not read the part wheres its the only fun battle royale

While it fits the genre of "be the last one standing" Fall Guys shouldn't be named a "battle royale game", partly due to the oversaturation of the market already and mostly because this is a BR unlike any others released.

Many, or practically all Battle Royales released thus far have tried to capitalize off the hype of PUBG and Fortnite. Many are generic shooters with nothing new. Fall Guys is something else entirely.

It's not a "murder everyone to be the last one not to get shot". It's "avoid the rising tide of 'lava' while completing this obstacle course" or "be the last person to hold onto the golden tail" or even "don't fall off this platform".
    Poogers gets it, that this game is essentially like all those obstacle-course game shows like Wipeout or Splatalot, but because it is so focused on being a really silly, physics-based(?) platformer-type game, it's an amazing breath of fresh air in the Battle Royale genre.

I can't wait to see how this game evolves in the future with more stages (and hopefully more stable servers).

Poogers555 posted: »

InGen did not read the part wheres its the only fun battle royale ever made because they came up with this genius concept called what if it

• So it turns out a few days ago AliExpress started selling these Chinese knockoff Telltale Batman LEGO figurines and now a ton of dropshippers are reselling them lol

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000267251456.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

• I snagged Sam but only cause I already have the Max plush. Equality!

WarpSpeed posted: »

Sam & Max figurines are reportedly out of the factory and almost available! A bit pricey for me, but I won't judge you if you buy four of them to recreate the time elevator scene. https://bossfightshop.com/collections/sam-max

• edited August 2020

Sam's gun seems to be experiencing some... performance issues.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Sam & Max figurines are reportedly out of the factory and almost available! A bit pricey for me, but I won't judge you if you buy four of them to recreate the time elevator scene. https://bossfightshop.com/collections/sam-max

• Ah yes, my favourite Telltale Batman character, Angry Clown!

Must... resist... giving money... to bootleggers.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

So it turns out a few days ago AliExpress started selling these Chinese knockoff Telltale Batman LEGO figurines and now a ton of dropshipper

• edited August 2020

Not gonna lie, these actually look pretty decent to me.

And... It's kind of flattering as a fan that a Chinese knockoff company is selling Telltale-inspired Lego figures, of all things. Who the hell came up with that idea, because I'm a bit impressed?

So it turns out a few days ago AliExpress started selling these Chinese knockoff Telltale Batman LEGO figurines and now a ton of dropshipper

• I am not gonna lie, that looks epic.

• Oh, boy. The forum site is glitching again.

• That's OK, you can then recreate the giant-Max scenes from The Devil's Playhouse!

I snagged Sam but only cause I already have the Max plush. Equality!

• it's been selling pretty well, but i think RE7 is probably just more accessible for people. we're in an era where a lot of first person horror games are the bomb and are making the big bucks, not to mention RE7 came bundled with VR support which a lot of people were definitely into, and almost the entire main cast are new characters that don't mention a single event from the previous games. the RE2 remake is great, but imo a third person, over the shoulder remake of a late 90s tank controlling horror game isn't really gonna grab anybody. that, and it has a much higher difficulty curve, and often mentions or hints to events that happened in RE1 so newcomers can't exactly hop into it. personally, I'm just glad RE6 isn't the best selling RE game anymore

Really? I thought Resident Evil 2 Remake was killing it.

• (important to note Re7 is the best selling in the series in terms of single release. Games like RE4 are higher simply because they've been re-released so many times. Fairly certain that would also include RE6, but again thats RE6 original release plus re-releases)

I would have to disagree with saying RE2 Remake isnt as "audience appealing" considering it is very close behind RE7, really the only reason why its behind is because it came out later, its actual sales rate is pretty consistent to what RE7s are. (However important to note RE2R goes on sale like crazy and RE7 almost never does, RE8 announcement was the first time RE7 ever went on a sale with a massive price cut instead of just 25% off.)

I also wouldnt say RE2R has a higher difficulty curve at all. RE7 is by far a harder experience in terms of its gameplay and how its designed as a whole. Not saying RE2R is easy or anything but RE7 is a much more repressive game, especially on a blind playthrough. Hell, Madhouse in RE7 plays completely different and is a lot harder than RE2's hard mode which is just "more damage and ink ribbons." (Also RE2R doesnt alienate new players at all, theres almost nothing that truly references RE1 and what is mentioned is nothing thats going to make a new player feel like their missing key info of a grander story.)

it's been selling pretty well, but i think RE7 is probably just more accessible for people. we're in an era where a lot of first person horr

• edited August 2020

Aw frick I just found out the Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe has been delayed to 2021.

In other, completely unrelated news, I also just found out that Halo Infinite, Deathloop, and even Spider-Man: Miles Morales have been delayed to 2021.

• edited August 2020

A Firewatch film may come to fruition after all...

Campo Santo's outstanding Firewatch is being made into a feature film, and if you feel like you've heard this before somewhere, it's because you have, back in 2016. That deal fell through when Good Universe was acquired by Lionsgate, which saw the rights to the project return to Campo Santo, but The Hollywood Reporter says that a new deal has been struck with Blindspotting and Little Monsters production company Snoot Entertainment.

It'll be a retelling of the Firewatch game, which I'm all for, I loved Firewatch's Story, and getting it out there in the form of a film, may draw in more people to check out the game and become part of the Campo Santo ecosystem, speaking of which, I hope development for In The Valley of Gods resumes soon. Sean and Jake will be involved in production, so I've high hopes.

Link to article(s):
    https://www.pcgamer.com/the-firewatch-movie-is-back-on/

https://www.engadget.com/firewatch-movie-snoot-entertainment-210556286.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIcn5JRNJYJftnyRp7S3xeGUbVibl6l97h_Jxf4NXMG9wcoI4gU7RMqDzaEiRY7KMynHidwt4ZwnzCeG33aTP6LRVf83u4tII7ukOn5ADfbaPEmKegARywm5QmZxKbRCnH94WCmsYikhFJNlA4baihfC-XZy0UjIXOqFV81WQqVU

• edited August 2020

I think Firewatch could translate incredibly well into film if done right.

They absolutely need to make you fall in love with Delilah like the game does and give the audience both a sense of peaceful isolation and dread at the same time. However, I think that the ending might not gel well with general audiences so they might change it, though the fact that it's a smaller studio handling this makes me think they'll be more faithful to the game. I also wonder if they're gonna do the thing where you, for the most part, pretty much never directly see another human being.

A Firewatch film may come to fruition after all... Campo Santo's outstanding Firewatch is being made into a feature film, and if you f

• Very interesting. I do like the idea of a video game that's like Wipeout.

Now, who here has some gameplay of this Fall Guys? I wish to see it.

InGen did not read the part wheres its the only fun battle royale ever made because they came up with this genius concept called what if it

Very interesting. I do like the idea of a video game that's like Wipeout. Now, who here has some gameplay of this Fall Guys? I wish to see it.

• I saw the Nintendo Indie Showcase today, and things are looking pretty cool. Lots of interesting titles, some shadow dropped today, some releasing as later as next year. I'm starting to think my Switch is going to become an Indie Machine.

Got quite a few titles and trailers I wanted to bring up. Spoiler tagged so it's not clutter.

Spiritfarer
    Switch, Xbox One, PS4 | Released Today

An interesting exploration-based, narrative title with a hint of a life sim/management game.
    You're tasked with porting the dead souls of different characters across the sea, lots of cute animation to it. Seems like it's marketed as a sad kind of game.

Hypnospace Outlaw
    Switch Launch Exclusive, PS4, Xbox One | Released Today

Gather clues and solve cases through a 90s-styled internet browser. Really cool-looking game, interested in the premise but I'll probably get this on PC. The hook is recreating an 90s PC interface, and that might translate (and control) weirdly using console thumbsticks. There's a demo on the Switch so I'll try that out at least!

Bear and Breakfast
    Switch | 2021

Play as a bear trying to build the greatest bed and breakfast spot in the forest. Build bedrooms, a restaurant/cafe/bar(?) and please your guests, while also being weary of whatever creatures lurk in the dark forest nearby... Sounds and looks fun, but it's coming out next year. What an unbearable wait that'll be.

Card Shark
    Switch, (other consoles???) | 2021

This is the coolest and most interesting game featured in the stream, IMO. Nice hand-drawn artstyle, the premise is to play and cheat at poker (I think, or maybe its other card games) using various tricks to stack the deck in your favour. See how far you can climb the ranks of society while being careful not to expose yourself as a fraud. Too bad this is coming next year too. Looks great.

A Short Hike
    Switch Launch Exclusive, PS4, Xbox One | Released Today

Bought this just after the presentation. It's only 10$ but a fun little exploration-type game. I've heard it's a game that can be completed in about 2 hours or extended up to 7 hours if you explore and indulge in the various side-activities. Which I'm doing. You play as a bird (not sure what, but it looks like a penguin) and must get to the top of the mountain to get a good phone signal. You can follow the signs for the main trail, or you can go off the beaten path. Or glide off the beaten path. Your choice. Dialogue between characters is really enjoyable, the artstyle is great (if you think it's too pixel-y that can be turned down in the settings -- I think it's just a filter but I like it). Definitely recommend if you want something small and calming.

Manifold Garden
    Switch, PS4, Xbox One | Released Today

A mind-bending game reminiscent of Antichamber. Puzzle your way through areas inspired by famous impossible illusions. I might get this on PS4 in the future, since it's a game that should probably be played with the best visual fidelity. It's trippy and awesome-looking.

Inmost
    Swtich | August 21st

Spooky side scrolling horror game. I'm all for it... I think. Doesn't look too scary.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Oh wow. I've been trying to buy as much Telltale merchandise as possible over the years, but I never imagined that I'd have to debate about whether to buy bootleg Telltale stuff.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who gave me well-wishes on my return. :)

• An interesting exploration-based, narrative title with a hint of a life sim/management game.

You're tasked with porting the dead souls of different characters across the sea, lots of cute animation to it. Seems like it's marketed as a sad kind of game.

I'd been wondering where that game was! I remember being really interested at the reveal trailer last year. Nice to see it got a surprise release. Will definitely be checking this out on PC!

I saw the Nintendo Indie Showcase today, and things are looking pretty cool. Lots of interesting titles, some shadow dropped today, some rel

• edited August 2020

You ever had a dream youre not on round 4, 5 v 4 Fall Ball and youre on yellow team every time?

• Fall Ball is easily my least favorite gamemode, they really need to revamp some of the team games

You ever had a dream youre not on round 4, 5 v 4 Fall Ball and youre on yellow team every time?

• I mostly cant stand Fall Ball simply because it never appears when it makes sense. 18 people left? Yeah Im thinking Hax-A-Gon.

9? Oh man Im thinking 5 v 4 Fall Ball hell fucking yeah!

The rest Im mostly fine with except the Tail games. Which sucks because the Tail games in concept are fun but the lag ruins it completely there is nothing fun about having your tail stolen from someone 3 yards away from you while you hug someone twice in a row and get nothing. Its basically become just dont do anything until the last 20 seconds, if you get a tail congrats you move on, if you dont oh well.

Fall Ball is easily my least favorite gamemode, they really need to revamp some of the team games

• edited August 2020

Tail Games should be getting 1 point per second of holding a tail, where the team or person with the most points at the end wins.

This way, the first 90 seconds of the game would actually matter.

I mostly cant stand Fall Ball simply because it never appears when it makes sense. 18 people left? Yeah Im thinking Hax-A-Gon. 9? Oh man

• Heya, fellas. Ik I haven’t been active lately, due to my overwhelming work hours and my application to university now taking up most of my life, but that ain’t be point of the comment :p a good friend of mine has recently taken up streaming on Trovo, and we may have made a bit of a deal where if he could get 120 followers by the start of September, then he’ll do the shots challenge for the Star Wars holiday special.

Me being the shit friend that I am, would like to destroy his liver :) yeah but no it’d still be greatly appreciated if y’all could check him out and lend over some support <3 thx

~StillNotBittenGang4Lyfe

https://trovo.live/Squrllz

• 6 new things of merch have been added to Telltale shop.

$30 keychains, anyone?

https://www.cafepress.com/profile/telltale

• I noticed

I cannot express how much I hate those studio interferences. In words of Nathan Drake, everything I touch turns to shit. What I mean is that I can never be a fan of something without worrying about the future.

• edited August 2020

The next three episodes of Infinity Train Book 3 came out and they absolutely destroyed me. Last time an animated thing got me this bad was The Midnight Gospel and that one fuckin' killed me.

Book 3 is really shaping up to be my favourite season so far.

• Fall guys needs to give you a weapon you can pick up, especially made for people who like to grab you and drop you off the nearest ledge.

• edited August 2020

when you win royal fumble because you stole the Tail in the last 2 seconds, but then it says "error your rewards should be given at a later time" but its already been an hour since

WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS THE CROWN?

• Yeah, this season has just been getting better and better, though I don't know how they'll wrap up this season in two episodes.

lupinb0y posted: »

The next three episodes of Infinity Train Book 3 came out and they absolutely destroyed me. Last time an animated thing got me this bad was

• I don't mean to This is totally a humble brag, but this independent movie theatre just re-opened near me with new pandemic guidelines.

They're playing Scott Pilgrim vs. The World this weekend for free in honor of the 10th anniversary.
    And I just got a ticket to see it. For free. On the big screen. Aw yeah.

• Free? Pretty cool. Good film. I hope you enjoy.

I don't mean to This is totally a humble brag, but this independent movie theatre just re-opened near me with new pandemic guidelines. Th

• edited August 2020

I don't know how they'll wrap up this season in two episodes.

Same. I have absolutely no idea where it's going but I'm confident they'll pull it off.

When I first saw the pilot four years ago (which I loved) I wasn't expecting anything like this. It legitimately just keeps getting better every season. Cartoon Network/HBO Max had better renew it for another, like three seasons and give it a movie.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah, this season has just been getting better and better, though I don't know how they'll wrap up this season in two episodes.

• Meanwhile, I still can’t get my fucking gym to open up here.

Congrats dude, have fun.

I don't mean to This is totally a humble brag, but this independent movie theatre just re-opened near me with new pandemic guidelines. Th

• I have nothing important to say other than I had no idea this place was still around (Telltale Community). I always thought it had died with the original Telltale

• New DC game by WB Games Montreal. Seems to be a direct sequel to Arkham Knight.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.