The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• This question was not rhetorical. I actually really need to know for reasons. So everyone best start spilling your beans. Thank you for complying.

Poogers555 posted: »

This is a weird question, but if there was an actual TFTBL2 what would you have wanted to see? From like Gameplay to story and characters? All that stuff.

• Rhysha married, everything else is secondary

This question was not rhetorical. I actually really need to know for reasons. So everyone best start spilling your beans. Thank you for complying.

• Rhyiona married, everything else is secondary

Also I wanna see the Tector and Jimbo scene be real.

This question was not rhetorical. I actually really need to know for reasons. So everyone best start spilling your beans. Thank you for complying.

• A YouTuber got the actors who played Chris, Barry and Wesker from the original Resident Evil 1 live action cutscenes together to make a short film with promise of more if there is enough support.

It's absolutely terrible in every way from the acting and effects, to the awkward cuts and weirdly angled still shots.

I need more.

• It's absolutely terrible in every way from the acting and effects, to the awkward cuts and weirdly angled still shots.

I can't tell the tone of this comment.

Nonetheless, props to the Residence of Evil team for reuniting the actors who originated as the main actors for iconic RE characters. I really wish they could approach the actress who played Jill in the RE1 intro. I think she deserves credit for........I dunno, just being the very first actress to play my favorite sandwich? Shinji Mikami regretted hiring her for the role but her acting wasn't even close as bad as the acting in The Last Airbender movie.

lupinb0y posted: »

A YouTuber got the actors who played Chris, Barry and Wesker from the original Resident Evil 1 live action cutscenes together to make a shor

• Well, isn't this just a shitty way to start a weekend? I was just minding my own business today in a decent mood until my mom just told me that my aunt got lung cancer. She told me that she removed her lung or something like that and she feels fine for now. I don't think that's gonna last long unless I miss something.

I feel miserable right now because few years ago, my dad lost his old brother from heart attack and now he is probably gonna lose his sister-in-law, his young brother's wife. I feel so bad for my cousins. My mother is also suffering a pain from her neck that makes her arms hurt a lot for 6 months and she is gonna go back to my country to get treatment. None of the years from this decade were good for me so far.

• I can't tell the tone of this comment.

I was being serious. It's pretty terrible, but I would also like more.

AronDracula posted: »

It's absolutely terrible in every way from the acting and effects, to the awkward cuts and weirdly angled still shots. I can't tell

• edited October 2022

Also the entire first episode of season 4 is up on YouTube for free!

• edited October 2022

I don't know what I would do with that cliffhanger, but I know I would want a little flash-forward to Rhys being in over his head as the new head of Atlas, and Fiona having been thrust into the role of a new Vault Hunter, eager for a new job.

They drifted apart at first, after the Traveller Vault incident, but must join forces once more as Atlas comes head to head with another major company on the hunt across the galaxy for another deadly Vault?

Idk, all I know is that I for one DON'T want the Tector and Jimbo scene to be real, and it to remain as a teaser in every episode that will never happen.

If they adapted the gameplay to be like TWD 4's, had more detailed hubs and kept the emphasis on cosmetic customization over the course of the season that'd be cool.
    Just for the love of god have actual funny, clever writing.

• I'm going to disregard Borderlands 3 for this because honestly why shouldn't I?

I feel like the best choice for Tales 2 would've been to have a new cast like New Tales did but have the original cast be more involved in the plot, also MAKE SURE THE ORIGINAL CAST IS FEATURED IN THE TRAILERS.

Anyways here's what I could think of right now:

• Rhys would be the on the heroes side and fill a sortof role Yvette did at the beginning of Tales 1. He would kickstart the plot by asking the heroes to help him with a very important task and give them information and supplies they need to do it.

• I would've brought Loader Bot AND Gortys back. Maybe have Loader Bot be Rhys' right hand bot and have Gortys travelling the galaxy or something. There could be a running gag where she video calls Loader Bot about her adventures and they have super wholesome moments during the calls where you don't know if they're a couple or not. Could also replace Lou13 with Loaderbot as the robot companion.

• I would've tackled both ships with Rhys differently depending on what one was chosen in Tales 1. If Rhyiona was chosen I would have it were they had an on-off relationship but drifted apart on good terms because of their different lifestyles (the relationship could possibly be rekindled depending on player choices). Rhysha I could see either as having had a falling out that the player can mend depending on their choices, or Sasha could be Rhys' secretary/other high position in Atlas.

• Fiona would mirror Athena's role in Tales 1 to an extent and I'd probably have her be most involved in the plot. She'd run into the heroes on their adventure several times due to crossing and contrasting goals, and her relationship with them would depend on player choices.

• Vaughn I'd probably not have tied to the plot as closely but you still get information of what's going on with him and some cameos. My first thought is that he could have developed into a macho celebrity of some sort, but I'd work that out more if I actually storyboarded.

I might come back to this.

This is a weird question, but if there was an actual TFTBL2 what would you have wanted to see? From like Gameplay to story and characters? All that stuff.

• And have an intractable intro where Marcus Kincaid recaps the story and you pick the choices you did in the first game, easier than other forms of save transfers.

• $60 for Rayla, in this economy? I’ll have to pass on that.

https://twitter.com/thedragonprince/status/1586138452533293057 Also the entire first episode of season 4 is up on YouTube for free!

• Damnit now I'm creating a full on Tales 2 in my head that I'm probably never going to write. There's dialogue and everything. Curse you Poogs!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I'm going to disregard Borderlands 3 for this because honestly why shouldn't I? I feel like the best choice for Tales 2 would've been to

• Good fucking riddance. I feel so sorry for Henry that he had to work with these asswipe writers.
    Hopefully this garbage will be canceled after 3rd season...

• I thought I heard this show was doing well. Did I miss something?

bruzdaa posted: »

https://twitter.com/witchernetflix/status/1586433840318648321 Good fucking riddance. I feel so sorry for Henry that he had to work with these asswipe writers. Hopefully this garbage will be canceled after 3rd season...

• Just because it's doing well does not mean it's good. On the contrary, it's absolutely terrible. Both as a tv show and book adaptation. The fact that it's doing this well is only because Henry Cavill and the popularity of the games. I can assure you if this thing didn't have "The Witcher" slapped on it the vast majority of viewers wouldn't even consider watching more than few episodes of it. And to make things worse the writers don't even care. They actually fucking mock and hate the source material and it really shows.

https://www.ign.com/articles/netflix-the-witcher-some-writers-actively-disliked-books-games-claims-former-producer

AronDracula posted: »

I thought I heard this show was doing well. Did I miss something?

• edited October 2022

TBH I don't think the Witcher author should've worked with Netflix to begin with. I'm surprised he tolerated all the characters that had been written very differently in a very bad way (Triss, Yennefer, Fringilla, the list goes on etc).
    I still remember the writers of the show wanted to have Ciri as a afro-asian (kinda like Clementine in a way) instead of her having ashen hair in the books.

Not to mention Eskel who is supposed to be just as badass as Geralt and who was supposed to be still alive gets killed off by turning into a Leshen.

It's just as bad as the Paramount Halo TV Series at this point. I actually wish HBO had done Witcher because it would've probably been just as good as Game of Thrones. At least Henry Cavill actually read the books, played the games, and respects them as much.

Edit: Meant to be a reply to @bruzdaa

bruzdaa posted: »

Just because it's doing well does not mean it's good. On the contrary, it's absolutely terrible. Both as a tv show and book adaptation. The

• How sad this franchise tt made went to dust, clem had a book that destroyed everything the player spent years making, tales was thrown to multiple separate games and writers and now is trash, I miss the old days....

Not a direct sequel, more of a "successor" . Gearbox is making it in-house, claims original devs are part of the game but in reality its Kev

• Oh and now I'm seeing here RHYS died? Wow I'm glad I ain't following this crap

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited October 2022

Happy Halloween, spooky friends. One of my traditions is to watch my favorite YTP, Mr. Krabs' Unquenchable Bloodlust. It's bloody brilliant, creeptastic, and actually pretty funny too. Volume warning though, lol.

• Mr. Krabs’ Unquenchable Bloodlust

High Tier YTP

Happy Halloween, spooky friends. One of my traditions is to watch my favorite YTP, Mr. Krabs' Unquenchable Bloodlust. It's bloody brilliant, creeptastic, and actually pretty funny too. Volume warning though, lol.

• spooky costume reveal

happy halloween everyone!

• Me when I see the AI art bros having beef with the NFT bros for stealing their "work".

• That looks really cool! Is that based off of anything or is it original?

spooky costume reveal happy halloween everyone!

• Thank you! I bought an LED mask off amazon and decided to build a costume around it. My original vision was to use the music visualizer mode on it to make a sort of music robot. I realized once I got all the pieces that it’d be too scary for the youngins trick or treating though, so I simplified it to just glowing eyes and changed the gloves to blue.

It’s a really cool mask but I would not recommend walking with it since you have no peripheral vision and the eyeholes fog up easily.

That looks really cool! Is that based off of anything or is it original?

• edited November 2022

I am about halfway through the first episode of The Dragon Prince Season 4, and I…am not a fan.

I thought Season 1 had some comedy that was forced and cringe, oh boy, this episode is really bad at it. I still find myself not caring about Janai and Amaya, both as characters and as a relationship, Soren feels Flanderized (he literally goes back to calling Callum names that he apologized for doing in the previous season), and the overall writing just feels, off. The most interesting stuff that I like so far is easily Claudia and Viren, but they barely focus on it for more than a minute a piece.

I get some of it was Covid, but I’m telling you, this long hiatus/break the show was on is going to prove to be detrimental in the long run. I’m hoping that this is just because they’re trying to set some things up, but honestly, the season is not off to a good start.

EDIT: This episode immediately gets nothing higher than a 3/10 because of a forced Fortnite dance finding it’s way into it. Seriously, the writing feels like it went off a cliff. The Viren and Claudia stuff, and the very last scene were the only things I can say I liked about it. Otherwise, it was a very boring, unfunny, and weak start to a season of a show that’s been off the air for 3 YEARS!

• Hollywood is still making the Your Name live-action adaptation...

I thought they cancelled it. I thought it was quietly shut down. But no... it's still there... still in production...

Can't the original anime film be enough?? Why must you live-action adapt everything?? It's already a gorgeous film!!

• I realized once I got all the pieces that it’d be too scary for the youngins trick or treating

Thank you! I bought an LED mask off amazon and decided to build a costume around it. My original vision was to use the music visualizer mode

• Well isn't this just a big red flag this new trilogy of seasons.

I am about halfway through the first episode of The Dragon Prince Season 4, and I…am not a fan. I thought Season 1 had some comedy that w

• ya made it personal now, lupinboy

I realized once I got all the pieces that it’d be too scary for the youngins trick or treating

• edited November 2022

So going through TDP's subreddit, I was surprised to see almost everyone criticizing the episode. I would have thought the diehards would be defending it, but no, they were disappointed as I was and had the same problems. Everyone feels incredibly dumbed down, but they also noted the animation was stilted and off, and you know what, they're right, it was. Looking back, the animation looks really rushed in some areas, and the color palette is off balance in some key areas.

I'm legit worried about this season, and not in a good way.

• Hey guys so I was just wondering what general engagement of this would be, but if you remember those concept things I made, I was thinking of going back to one I sort of stopped working on a long time ago because it was getting really hard. It was easily the most ambitious one and part of me (for some reason) really wants to go back and see if I can actually finish it. So idk, your thoughts if you'd want to see it?

Side note: regardless I will probably never finish it

• @lupinb0y irl

ya made it personal now, lupinboy

• I know my stuff!

Mr. Krabs’ Unquenchable Bloodlust High Tier YTP

• ya made it personal now, lupinboy

@lupinb0y irl

How did you get this picture of me :angry:

@lupinb0y irl (Spoiler)

• The sequel we deserve.

Hey guys so I was just wondering what general engagement of this would be, but if you remember those concept things I made, I was thinking o

• GHOST TRICK! GHOST TRICK! GHOST TRICK! GHOST TRICK! Y'all need to play Ghost Trick!

• How did you get this picture of me :angry:

I got it from lupinm0m 😎

ya made it personal now, lupinboy @lupinb0y irl How did you get this picture of me

• edited November 2022

Soooooo, The Dragon Prince Season 4. After 3 years of hiatus with little to nothing outside of a couple of comics, it finally released today. It...did not live up to any sort of hype at all.

Like, this isn't even expectations not matching up with reality, this is just me judging it on its execution of what happened. The characters act strangely dumb at various points, some scenes feel really forced, the animation is significantly cheaper (there's a scene where the lighting literally changes in the middle of a close up of Rayla's face), the most interesting stuff gets barely any attention, character development feels like its stalled for our main heroes, and it tries to somehow be both a setup for something bigger while also being grand and momentous in scale, and somehow does both in a subpar way.

5/10, and that's being generous. I'll probably try to give it a second watch this weekend to see if it changes, but overall, not a fan.

Also, don't even get me started on how just terrible Rayla and the whole Rayllum stuff was this season. It failed in almost every single regard.

EDIT: You know what, screw it, 3.5-4/10. So much wasted potential, characters and ideas not touched on enough, plot lines detached from everything else going on and adding nothing, inconsistent pacing, bad humor, and an odd sense of feeling rushed despite having 3 years. Overall, a BAD season.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.