The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I’m really trying to give the show the benefit of the doubt, but it’s getting a lot harder to give them the benefit of the doubt when I hear stuff like this.

lupinb0y posted: »

It really feels like the showrunners of this saw these characteristics as a blemish against the original show rather than purposeful flaws that the characters are meant to overcome.

• Wow I haven't been here since last year!
    And it looks like nothing happened
    Again :_:

• Yeah, I agree hearing some of this gives me a "yikes". I think it was obvious this show wasn't gonna be on the same level of love as the cartoon.

But some Avatar "fans" are also to blame for their changes because they aren't asking for flawed traits of certain character, they are asking them to be perfect. They don't know shit about character development. The hate for Katara is the best example. Only the ones who actually watched the show carefully would know she mentioned her mother only TWICE in Book 2.

Initial reviews and reactions of live action Avatar are starting to come in. For the most part, they seem very positive and, for the most pa

• I already knew Ubisoft was lazy but this is just another level of lost talent. At this point, they are just boosting the sales of their old games. You know, the ones that are actually GOOD!!

• edited February 17

F17 F17 F17 F17 F17

Today we're gonna get TWAU 2 news and Batman S3 announcement and New Tales from the Borderlands gets decanonized and Clementine book gets cancelled and GoT S2 gets released and

• F17! GIVE IT UP FOR F17!

So excited to hear about Tales from the Walking Among Us: The Expanse Within.

• Eh, I'll wait for the Sam & Max & Guybrush & Gromit Edition.

F17! GIVE IT UP FOR F17! So excited to hear about Tales from the Walking Among Us: The Expanse Within.

• HAPPY F17! THAT NEW TRAILER WAS SO COOL I DONT EVEN CARE IT DOESNT COME OUT UNTIL 2027 HOLY CRAP

• Tales from the Walking Among Us: The Expanse Within & Michonne + Adventure Pass - Shadows Edition

F17! GIVE IT UP FOR F17! So excited to hear about Tales from the Walking Among Us: The Expanse Within.

• Holy shit! Just 3 years away?!

fookin end this nightmare

Poogers555 posted: »

HAPPY F17! THAT NEW TRAILER WAS SO COOL I DONT EVEN CARE IT DOESNT COME OUT UNTIL 2027 HOLY CRAP

• Tales from the Walking Among Us: The Expanse Within & Michonne + Adventure Pass - Shadows Edition

Back to the Poker Night of the Game of Tales from the Walking Among Us of The Galaxy: The Expanse Within & Michonne + Adventure Pass - Shadows Edition: The Game.

Tales from the Walking Among Us: The Expanse Within & Michonne + Adventure Pass - Shadows Edition

• OKAY SO BASICALLY WE MAKE DOMTHEBOMB UPLOAD A VIDEO DAILY SAYING WOLF 2 IS CANCELED OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL THERE IS SO MUCH MISINFORMATION TELLTALE HAS TO GIVE AN UPDATE! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY AND IT IS VERY SOUND AND VERY LOGICAL!

• Back to the Poker Night of the Game of Tales from the Walking Among Us of The Galaxy: The Expanse Within & Michonne + Adventure Pass - Shadows Edition: The Game.

Episode 1: Zer0 New Faith Remains From Iron Order of Deep Shadows The Tangled Enigma Residence Done

Tales from the Walking Among Us: The Expanse Within & Michonne + Adventure Pass - Shadows Edition Back to the Poker Night of the

• Back to the Poker Night of the Game of Tales from the Walking Among Us of The Galaxy: The Expanse Within & Michonne + Adventure Pass - Shadows Edition: The Game.

Episode 1: Zer0 New Faith Remains From Iron Order of Deep Shadows The Tangled Enigma Residence Done

Episode 2: Give No Tannen Divided and Mirrors Required Cavalry Suffer Under the Giant Pact for the Starved Children of Atlas Lords Part Two

Back to the Poker Night of the Game of Tales from the Walking Among Us of The Galaxy: The Expanse Within & Michonne + Adventure Pass - S

• Oh boy F17, I can't wait to see what kooky memes everyone's come up wi-

• My best friend and I made a parody of Telltale Games. It’s silly, weird, and pretty fun in my humble opinion. Let me know whatcha think :)

• Forever appreciating the wonderful launch of Helldivers 2 (despite all the overcrowding issues, but that can also be considered a good thing)
    While also lamenting the loss of TLOU Online... :'(

If this sequel to a niche top-down shooter can break Playstation Studios player-count records on PC day-after-day, while also "blowing through estimates" that it essentially breaks the servers... I can only imagine how popular TLOU Online could have been...

Just... ugh... it's so sad the work couldn't have been put to someone else if ND realised it would take up too much of their own studio resources...

• Which horror game got you into the horror gaming genre?
    https://x.com/horrorlover_666/status/1759597385297121753?s=61

• edited February 19

Someone on the TWAU subreddit pointed out that AdHoc removed all mentions of TWAU from their site. Not only that, but their logo was scrubbed from the Telltale TWAU page, and pretty conspicuously at that. Looks like AdHoc deleted their TWAU2 credit from their Twitter bio too.

I’m so sick of this. I don’t know what Telltale is playing at, but if they’re going to cancel the game, just get it over with already. All this tiptoeing around and radio silence hasn’t been normal or productive for anyone. If AdHoc’s been removed from the project, I’d rather have no game at all than a half-assed one without the original writers.

• haha my mental health is in danger

booper posted: »

Someone on the TWAU subreddit pointed out that AdHoc removed all mentions of TWAU from their site. Not only that, but their logo was scrubbe

• I don't think you have to worry about that, it has been like that for a long time, like well over a year long time. The Telltale website page for the game also never had AdHoc listed so it was never scrubbed in the first place.

That said I do have a feeling AdHoc's role as the narrative team has actually been complete for a while now. It would be nice if we knew their partnership better but I think AdHoc is already moving on to other stuff with Wolf 2 not being their focus anymore. I agree it is a bit weird they just do not have Wolf 2 mentioned anywhere anymore, but they also have their own unannounced project not being shown anymore either. I wouldn't worry about this specifically. Who knows what is going wrong but I think it probably has more to do with Telltale's team and building the game which at the moment feels like it is probably a money problem.

Someone on the TWAU subreddit pointed out that AdHoc removed all mentions of TWAU from their site. Not only that, but their logo was scrubbe

• edited February 19

Okay so actually something very interesting is while I was searching about the AdHoc stuff, I found out the community manager at Telltale left in late October, which probably explains a lot for why the communication has been extra bad. There literally isn't anyone there lol

• How I be looking at Telltale's Twitter account in July (it is still early 2024, right?)

• Wouldn't surprise me if it's actually AdHoc with problems, and they may have been the original source of the TWAU2 delay. The only game they admit to now was supposed to come out last year, and its Steam page currently says no release date has been announced.

I'm just guessing, of course, which means "don't sue me", but a more formal announcement would be clarifying.

• edited February 19

I really think this is the opposite and Telltale are more likely the ones struggling. AdHoc is still continuously hiring new people for what I would have to assume is their unannounced game. With some of the jobs they are posting, it would make no sense at all if they were for Wolf this far along. They've also been looking for more business related stuff which to me says they are now working on their own eternal things. Obviously I can't say that is great news for Wolf 2 when the partner is already moving on but this is at least what my observations are.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Wouldn't surprise me if it's actually AdHoc with problems, and they may have been the original source of the TWAU2 delay. The only game the

• edited February 19

So how many people, including the original writers, are even working on Wolf 2?

Don't forget this is a game that Telltale said would be uncertain of releasing after Wolf 1 released it's final episode, then 4 years later in 2018 they announce that they are releasing it, shortly before they shut down cancelling all games being worked on including Wolf 2. Then after the studio comes back they announce that Wolf 2 will come back to be worked on, but then the Expanse comes out of nowhere when fans were expecting Wolf 2. Then Wolf 2 gets delayed for another year or more and now the radio silence. Then there's also Bill Willingham who isn't involved with Wolf 2, which might not be much but add that factor in with everything else. Games that have taken this long to release, get cancelled, come back, have original writers leaving, getting delayed before another game that gets to release before it, having lack of communication about it's work with the community, it all adds up and games that have been through all that end up doing terrible making diehard fans looking forward to it end up wishing it will or was never released. One example of a game I know of that has been announced, cancelled, then brought back for release was Ride to Hell Retribution, one of the worst games of 2013.
    I really hope all this won't matter, but every game that's gone through doesn't end well at all.

• edited February 19

Then there's also Bill Willingham who isn't involved with Wolf 2, which might not be much but add that factor in with everything else.

I think that's barely even a factor. His involvement with the original game was almost non-existent and he hated it lol.

Everything else? Oof.

Menofthe214 posted: »

So how many people, including the original writers, are even working on Wolf 2? Don't forget this is a game that Telltale said would be u

• I wouldn't say that because what he was saying about public domain does cause confusion and his internal disputes could be causing problems behind the scenes we don't know about. I will say, I do really doubt this is something that is happening but it isn't impossible.

The rest is obviously not good at all. I feel like we've just entered the stage where in a month we either get an update or get some really bad news. I'm still going to try and be optimistic, I really don't think the game is going to be canceled or they'll shut down again but it does look bleak.

Not really related, but as much as I hate to say this I think they should drop episodic releases. It sucks because I'd like it to stay that way but I think the unfortunate truth is episodic releases are dead and the uncertainty that the game will get each episode covered and promoted doesn't work anymore with how fast everyone moves on from things now. So I feel like for they may need to make that choice. If they handled episode releases the same way Expanse did I think I would even prefer it that way. No early access, missing dates, 0 trailers or any kind of community management between episodes. Obviously Expanse also had a narrative that did not work episodically, but still.

lupinb0y posted: »

Then there's also Bill Willingham who isn't involved with Wolf 2, which might not be much but add that factor in with everything else.

• edited February 19

Not really related, but as much as I hate to say this I think they should drop episodic releases. It sucks because I'd like it to stay that way but I think the unfortunate truth is episodic releases are dead and the uncertainty that the game will get each episode covered and promoted doesn't work anymore with how fast everyone moves on from things now.

I'm not a fan of episodic releases as I was a decade ago. Many telltale games suffered from this due to writers moving to different projects, actors leaving for other contracts, etc. I'll be honest I would have definitely prefered TWDG to release just one game without addon episodes, ANF would've never happened, and many characters would still be alive. I do know GoT suffered from the episodic release as well. Then there's the timeline of having the Telltale crew releasing an episode at the exact release date which involved crunch time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that if Telltale made GoT all in one instead of an episodic release, they might have been able to end the story or at least GoT fans would know sooner there would be a second season, since a second season was announced after GoT episode 6 released. Less people would be disappointed.

I wouldn't say that because what he was saying about public domain does cause confusion and his internal disputes could be causing problems

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1759944124034056528 https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1759945107174777035

• edited February 20

• Oh look, they're remaking Holes.

Wait, no, that's just a shitty Borderlands movie

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1759944124034056528 https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1759945107174777035

• I cant wait for the BL4 promotional tie in stuff. I can not wait for PAX when whatever actor Randy has at gunpoint appears to show a new behind the scenes look! I can't wait!

Oh look, they're remaking Holes. Wait, no, that's just a shitty Borderlands movie

• Also this movie wrapped production almost 3 fucking years ago before the massive reshooting, writers taking their names off in embarrassment, and director firing. This movie is going to be complete shit but in the absolute best way.

Oh look, they're remaking Holes. Wait, no, that's just a shitty Borderlands movie

• Y'all shit on the Borderlands film and all that nonsense, while I'm here celebrating the fact that I'll finally get a trailer to my most anticipated DLC of all time tomorrow.

• Those are some...interesting casting choices.

• You know what, if it's so bad it's good in the same way I'm hearing Madame Web is, I might just go see it...while drunk

Also this movie wrapped production almost 3 fucking years ago before the massive reshooting, writers taking their names off in embarrassment, and director firing. This movie is going to be complete shit but in the absolute best way.

• Morbius is the one that's so bad it's good. Madam Web is just bad bad.

You know what, if it's so bad it's good in the same way I'm hearing Madame Web is, I might just go see it...while drunk

Sign in to comment in this discussion.