'Telltale Games: Story Mode' - A Magnum Opus Games Film by Complex

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Today we have something a little different to share with you! Earlier this year, the Magnum Opus Games team at Complex reached out to us at Telltale looking to dive deeper into the history of our studio, and wanting to learn more about how our story-driven games are made. We were already big fans of their work, including their kick-off piece on 'The Hotline Miami Story' which we strongly recommend checking out!

We humbly agreed to their request, and after a long week of interviews with Telltale's co-founders, writers, directors, designers, and more - their crew left with an in-depth history of our studio from Telltale Texas Hold 'Em and Bone to Game of Thrones and Minecraft: Story Mode.

We're not entirely sure how they did it, but they managed to condense over 10 years worth of history and over 100 episodes into a brisk 30 minute documentary that examines what it's been like to work on these episodic games under one roof from San Rafael, California since 2004.

We're happy to be able share their work, and our story, with you today. Special thanks from all of us to the Complex team for coming out, and an extra special thanks to all of Telltale's fans, old and new, for continuing to play our games over all this time!

Comments

• I actually have an idea for telltale and i sure hope it turns to a reality, but people love the hunger games, so why not make a interactive hunger games game? I mean dont even base it on katniss make your own character and make like 3 different endings in the last part. I know this is a long shot that you guys will do it but hey why not right?

• Pretty cool to hear insight from different Telltale team members.

• Awesome...yeah you've come a long way guyz.congrats and thanks for everything...
    Please continue whatever you do :D
    WAU is somewhat 'better' than wd, eh? WHERE IS S2!? :p

• edited November 2015

Here's a thought. Go back to what made adventure games good like Sam and Max, Monkey Island, etc instead of this interactive storybook nonsense. And just because it's currently popular cough cough Minecraft doesn't mean it needs to be turned into an adventure game.

• Hey nice documentary, you guys sure deserve all the success, and I think the narrative storytelling is a thing, but please don't discard your origins. Classic adventure games like tales of monkey island and sam and max are still appreciated, and I for sure would love to see more of that classic side of telltale. I'm sure you could release one or other classic title alongside your newer interactive narrative games...

• HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT IT'S THE SOUNDTRACK FROM THE DIG

This discussion has been closed.