Samorost difficulty level

On the Samorost 2 store page, it says the difficulty is 1 out of 6.

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/samorost2

I own the game and have beaten it a few times and I can tell you that the difficulty is definitely higher than 1.

If CSI, Law and Order, and Al Emmo are 4 out of 6, then I would rate Samorost as a 3 and Culture Shock as a 2.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Would you say it's harder than Out from Boneville?

Out from Boneville is 2/6 (and always has been, since this system was set up). The Great Cow Race is 3/6. We rated the other games by comparing them to those two.
  • edited October 2006
    I haven't played Bone, sorry.

Have you played Samorost 2 (the full version)? I don't see how anyone could agree with 1 out of 6.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    No, I haven't had a chance to play the whole thing yet, which is why I'm interested in the opinions of those who have. :)

If anyone has played Out from Boneville and Samorost 2, please weigh in on how the difficulty levels compare!
  • edited October 2006
    Just for a little comparison (least to most difficult):

Culture Shock < Samorost 2

Like I said, I unfortunately have no idea where Bone fits in.
  • edited October 2006
    Saying Out of Boneville is 2/6 and Cow Race is 3/6 doesn't give much room for difficult games! Out of Boneville is completely straightforward (I don't think anyone can seriously get stuck in it). The Great Cow Race is a bit harder, but still one of the easiest games out there. CSI is definitely longer, but not much harder - the "puzzles" are pretty much a matter of searching the crime scenes for clues and not much more.

I'd like to use this opportunity to endorse the best scoring out there, which I call "4 out of". It was originally invented to score movies. Everything automatically get the score 4, and you only need to say out of how much. For example, a very good movie would be 4 out of 4. A pretty good movie would be 4 out of 6 and a very bad game could be 4 out of 100. The advantages of this method is that, as in real life, you don't really care about rating the best ones. If three movies are your favorites, they would all get 4 out of 4. however, it leaves a very big room to ridicule movies you hate because you can always go worse - like 4 our of 1000 or even 10000.

I'd say the difficuly of bone 1 is 4 out of 100 and of bone 2 is 4 out of 10. None of which I'd consider the least bit hard. I think bone 2 could be 3/6 only if your scoring ladder is exponential, but then there's NO WAY csi can be 4/6!!
  • edited November 2006
    There is no way Sam and Max is 4 out of 6. Come on Telltale. You know that's wrong.

Anyway, back to the topic: Samorost 2 is NOT a 1 out of 6!
  • edited November 2006
    I agree, playing it now and although the first levels are straight forward some of the later stuff starts to tax the braincells. I'd say it's atleast a 3.
  • edited December 2006
    I just found out about samorost and tried the demos online. I tried the first one but thought it was weird and gave the second one a chance. I played it right through and loved it. I think I have a better idea of what the game is about now. I'll try the first again later. Very awesome and unique game
  • edited December 2007
    I think the 1 is fine, mainly because it doesn't have an inventory or anything, you just click things. Enough clicking and you'll eventually get it, while in the others you do have to think, since just using everything with everything/one would take much longer.

The new Sam and Max games definitely aren't as insane as Hit the Road, but they're still comparitively difficult.
  • edited January 2008
    I have not played this game yet.After playing this game i would tell u about this.Sam And Max is such a interesting game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.