Sentinel Will Survive Episode 6?

It seems as if the final achievement in Episode 6 is titled 'Sentinel' which is quite interesting. We all know that Asher/Rodrik are going to die in the battle against the Whitehills and therefore the next in line would be little Ryon Forrester, one of the least favorable candidates of succession given his age - however if so then it does make sense for a Sentinel to co-rule with the next Lord of Ironrath until they come of age.

In Episode 1 we had to choose between Duncan or Royland - whoever is rejected becomes traitor while the chosen one remains a faithful ally who will stand by the Forresters to the end. It is because of this that I believe that the chosen Sentinel - Duncan or Royland - will be given the Omid Treatment.

They will likely survive Episode 6 and continue serving as Sentinel to protect House Forrester, this does make more sense than Ryon running House orrester by himself, and the game has tried its best to make Ethan's choice have lasting consequences throughout the storyline. Asher/Rodrik will of course die, Ryon will probably become the next Lord of Ironrath, and Duncan/Royland will guard over him and Ironrath as the loyal Sentinel they are - and then in GoT S2 Ep.1 they die. Probably quite unceremoniously.

What do you think? Why is the final achievement in Episode 6 titled Sentinel? Will Telltale surprise us and actually let these determinant characters survive the first season?

Comments

• You don't know for certain that Asher/Rodrik will die. They might but you don't know for a fact that they will.

• edited November 2015

They can't kill them both just like that, I know they already killed off one brother (determinant) but if they would kill the other one straight after in episode 6, I don't think anyone would want play.

• Unless they really wanna put in the extra effort (and idk about you guys, but so far it doesn't look like they would) then the endings should end up being almost identical besides the character models.

They can't kill them both just like that, I know they already killed off one brother (determinant) but if they would kill the other one straight after in episode 6, I don't think anyone would want play.

• The final achievements in each of the episodes are the title of a different rank you can have in the Game of Thrones universe. None of those achievements are story hints.

• edited November 2015

I don't think it's a hint at the story.
    Here are the 'rank achievements'/last achievements for all Episodes

Episode 1: Squire

Episode 2: Knight

Episode 3: Master of Arms

Episode 4: Castellan

Episode 5: Grand Maester

Episode 6: Sentinel

As you can see, pretty random, at least if you see it as something that relates to the content of the Episode. I think it rather shows the progress of the player throughout the game. Starting as a Squire (lowest), then comes a Knight (higher than a Squire, but lower than a Master of Arms), then the Master of Arms (higher than a Knight, but lower than a Castellan), then a Castellan (higher than a Master of Arms, but lower than a Grand Maester) and finally a Grand Maester (highest). Then again, the Sentinel doesn't fit in there. So, it could potentially have something to do with the story after all. We'll have to wait and see, not much longer now.

• edited November 2015

I was right :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.