POVs for season 2

By tomorrow we'll know whose dead and whose not. So with this in mind if we have another season of Telltale's Game of Thrones who would you want as a point of view character from the existing stock?

Please feel free to get creative and make up your own POVs on this thread too if you want :)

Comments

• edited November 2015

North: Asher/Rodrik, East: Malcolm, King's Landing: Morgryn, Beyond the Wall: Gared. Seems to make sense, 2 new, 2 old.

• Rodrick/Asher,Gared, Malcolm, Beskha and possibly Lord Gregor's new bastard daughter/son. I'm psyched for season two!!

• You forget we need someone in King's Landing

• Mira's corpse

You forget we need someone in King's Landing

• I think it will be Asher/Rodrik in whatever new location they run to. There will be Gared in the north, although I really want to play as Josera or Elsera Snow. They're badass. In Essos, there will be Malcolm. In King's Landing, there will be Mira or Tom, depending on who you save. God, that Mira choice is still fucking with me... And the last will be Beskha on the run with Ryon. Or maybe, it will actually be Ryon. One of the two. They can't just have the last scene in the credits like that with no POVs. Also, is it just me or did Ryon get hit with the puberty stick? Maybe even as hard as Bran did. His voice sounds so much deeper than it did before. Of course... it's been a year.

• I want Ryon and Beskha. I really liked them together from the little I saw in the Ice Dragon, with Beskha being the playable character.

• edited November 2015

Beskha, Malcolm, (if telltale feels ambitious) Asher/Rodrik otherwise it'll be Talia, and lastly Karl or Torrhen

PS: you guys like how Ryon and Beskha are the telltale Hound and Arya? Lol hilarious.

• edited November 2015
    1. Asher/Rodrik
    2. Beshka
    3. Tom/Mira
    4. Gared
    5. Malchom??
  • Well sort of, except Ryon actually likes Beskha.

• Asher/Rodrik: I hope, but not likely. Both are determinant and you know how much telltale hates making determinant characters matter

Ryon: I hope to god it doesn't happen, but it probably will. I'm guessing season 2 will be Beshka training him

Gared: Pretty much confirmed I think. It would be interesting since they introduced some cool characters.

Malcolm or The Sentinel: Call it a hunch, but I think it will happen for one of them.

New Character: Seems like there would be atleast one new character.

Tali: If Asher or Rodrik die in the first episode which they probably will then I see her replacing them.

• I can't see them making more than five points of view. They struggled just doing four in one episode and managing to get enough screentime. six would be too many.

• edited November 2015

Yeah I don't expect it either and I honestly hope not. I just put the most likely candidates or ones most people expect.

I can't see them making more than five points of view. They struggled just doing four in one episode and managing to get enough screentime. six would be too many.

• edited November 2015

Yeah. And with Ryon, I don't think it will be him, but more likely we'll be Beskha. I also think that Mira will still be there if she's alive, and if not, we can be Tom. My basis for this, he starts to talk about Godwyn and a story arc that never really gets explained at all. It sounded really interesting.

Yeah I don't expect it either and I honestly hope not. I just put the most likely candidates or ones most people expect.

• I'd say Talia and Royland are more like Arya and The Hound.

• My nominations:

• In the South: Beskha
    • In the North/Riverlands: Talia Forrester
    • In Meereen: Malcolm Branfield
    • In Winterfell: Torrhen Whitehill

I think Talia and Malcolm are the two most likely POVs. But I really wanna play as a Whitehill because it'll a) allow us to see the effects of our Whitehill-related choices up close, and b) because it will make the enemy house more sympathetic to the player (similar with Tyrion for the Lannisters).

• Anyone who isn't a squire, handmaiden, 13 year old or cripple would be a welcome change.

If I wanted to take shit all day, I would go into the manure business!

Oberyn or a similar character would be my first choice all the way. TBH me and all three of the people I know who own this game would not buy another after the way this one was written. But then I haven't played chap 6 yet, so might change my opinion. Too many chapters of taking crap to feel like 6 will save it all for me though.

• Talia, Ryon, Malcolm

• Didn't Karl die of greyscale?

• edited November 2015

The Lord - Asher/Rodrick with Talia and Gwyn/Duncan/Royland

The East - Malcolm

The Survivors - Beskha with Ryon

The Capital - Morgryn (after with/without Mira, perhaps may start to feel regret for what they've done and try to aid House Forrester)

The North - Gared with Sylvi, and Gregor's two bastards

• edited November 2015

North Grove/Return from the North Grove - Gared

King's Landing - Mira/Tom or Sera

Ironrath - Rodrik/Asher

Outside of Ironrath - Beskha or Malcolm

• Gared.

As long as he's there, I'm happy.

Talia would be interesting, too.

• My bad I meant Ebbert or the brother at the Citadel

Didn't Karl die of greyscale?

• edited November 2015

I would love if they really manage to keep the story different after the endings of season 1. But this would mean amazing work, because of the possible endings.
    So this would mean - in my Play:
    North: Asher (or Talia); King's Landing: Mira (or Morgryn); On Road: Ryon; Beyond the wall: Gared (or one of the bastards); Meereen: Malcolm.

But more likely for Season 2:
    Asher/Rodrik dies in Episode 1. North: Talia.
    King's Landing: Morgryn - i have to say: I would love to play a a**hole character in Game of Thrones. But: No idea. Maybe a new character.
    On Road: Beskha. (in Season 3: Ryon)
    Beyond the wall: Gared. (maybe one of the two bastards in season 3 or S2Ep3/4 - the other one will die)
    Meereen: Malcolm.

• uhhh ironrath isn't ours anymore lol

prink34320 posted: »

North Grove/Return from the North Grove - Gared King's Landing - Mira/Tom or Sera Ironrath - Rodrik/Asher Outside of Ironrath - Beskha or Malcolm

• I'd love to play as Talia.

And I'm thinking we might play Beskha/Malcolm. Maybe Morgryn if they can pull it off.

• Well here's what I think:
    One of the Forrester Bastard twins: Just because they were introduced at the very last second. Don't know what happens if you don't do the ritual so they might be determinant, but who knows
    Beshka: I'm 100% positive on this one for obvious reasons. She can't die. She's with Ryon. The game focused on her escape at the very end.
    Malcom: This one has a super high chance seeing how it felt like his story arc was leading to him with Daenarys
    Talia: This one is a big maybe, seeing how she's with the determinant character at the end of EPI. 6
    Asher/Roderik: Super unlikely since they are determinant, but boy do I want it. Seriously - if the Whitehills aren't finished off with by the player playing as one of these two then there's no point to the series
    New character: I'm thinking that they'll be at least one or two new POV characters.

• Doesn't mean we can't have a POV in Ironrath.

Wigams posted: »

uhhh ironrath isn't ours anymore lol

• Asher/Rodrick (hopefully but we all know how much telltale just loves determinant characters)

Talia if we don't play as Asher/Rodrick

Beshka

Malcolm

And Gared

• I was thinking that the following characters would make for an interesting Season 2:

• Gared
    • Talia
    • Beshka
    • Malcom
    • Morgyn

Obviously, Morgyn is in a bit of an interesting position (to keep it spoiler free for people reading from my profile), but it would be interesting to see his whereabouts in Season 2 given we have no other tangible connection to King's Landing.

• Two are quiet obvious for they survive at all costs.

• Asher/Rodrik
    • Gared

Not directly in our family but i think they will be POV in our favor.

• Beshka (teaching Ryon)
    • Malcom in Essos
    • Tom/Mira in Kings Landing

and just in a little percentage, but it rly could happen

• Royland/Duncan
  • Gared

Malcolm

Gwyn (can you kill her)

Talia

Beshka

I also feel mira may have a few scenes here or there.... its possible

• I've looked at the ideas some people have made and been thinking about what I think their storylines would be if they are the POV characters for the Second Season and if it'd work:

Gared - Seems like an obvious choice continuing his story, especially given all that North Grove stuff that's still unexplained and the fact we make two large choices at the end of episode 6 that have had no consequences thus far. I expect a lot of his story would be trying to sneak south across the wall if you chose to go, or protecting the North Grove if you stayed and most of the choices would be about siding with either Elsera or Josera or maybe both of them versus Sylvi.

Rodrik/Asher - I would really love for these two to run for a whole season. But given their state at the end of the episode (in my playthrough at least, I don't know if the amount of damage you take is any different depending on which plan you followed, I doubt it is but you never know) and how determinant characters have gone in the past, the easy way out is to have them dying from their wounds in episode one. Which leads us to...

Talia - Since she's quite a popular character I could certainly see her being playable (along similar lines to Clementine from TWD I suppose) and replacing Rodrik/Asher working to reclaim power.

Mira - If she survived, then Mira's in an interesting position considering her marriage to Morgryn puts her potentially very close to the Whitehills. I could see the story being trying to keep Morgryn pleased to gain more freedom so you can subtly undermine him and the Whitehills at every turn, possibly even helping Morgryn if he's serious about making a play to cut off the head of the Whitehills and make himself Lord of Ironrath, putting her King's Landing training to good use. However, this is overshadowed by the problem she can die in the finale, which leaves three potential situations - 1) her scenes are merely a glance behind enemy lines and have little effect on the overall story beyond set dressing and they won't appear at all for those who had her accept death, 2) If she died the scenes still take place with a different character, possibly Tom being made Morgryn's servant to get his revenge for Mira, although this seems a bit unlikely given Morgryn already knew Tom was working with Mira or 3) Mira still appears but as an NPC we'll see in various episodes when Morgryn shows up.

Beshka - Since she and Ryon are seen at the end, I also know playing as Ryon is what some people expect from this situation and I could see that taking place too since he appears much less he's more of a character that the player can make their own, whereas Beshka already has a strongly established personality. The argument Ryon is too young to play as isn't greatly founded since Game of Thrones has plenty of popular child characters and Telltale has had a child as it's main protagonist before, but I do concede that Beshka could probably have more interesting decisions. They'd probably be searching for other survivors and trying to stay out of Whitehill hands. I could see the relationship between them being rather amusing (Brienne and Podrick spring to mind or maybe they'll be more Arya & The Hound) and would almost certainly end in tragedy for one of them.

Malcolm - This would be nice, we may even get more Croft appearing. I'm not sure really what he'd do. I expect he'd hear about what happened, learn there's survivors and perhaps follow the initial plan of getting a sellsword army together. I could see if ending up a lot like the Margaery situation in the sense that you're trying to keep Daenerys happy while doing what is right for your house.

Morgryn - Surprisingly this slippery snake has come up quite a lot and I've heard people think he should act as replacement for Mira. While I can understand why some people would want to play him for the great fun that would be had playing a remorseless mastermind bent on conquering Ironrath for himself, it would work against the other characters; to ensure his place he'd be hunting down and killing the remaining Forresters too. So I really doubt he'd be playable.

A Whitehill - Some people have put forward the idea of playing as one of the unseen Whitehills: Ebbert or Torrhen or possibly even Gwyn. This would be a really cool viewpoint, especially if they made the character more sympathetic like Gwyn was. In the books and TV show the "bad guys" are never all "bad guys" (barring maybe White Walkers), and while Ludd and Gryff are clearly despicable, to have a Whitehill that maybe works against them to secure peace and a steady rule would be a good way to make you question your actions as the Forresters. However, this might cause conflict in some players, trying to self-sabotage the Whitehills or something.

Completely New Character - It's always a possibility, I'd only be confused on how they'd fit into the story this late, but I'm sure if the character can be shoehorned in then it'll work.

• My guess is

• Asher/Rodrik recovering and planning to take Ironrath back
    • Malcolm in Essos
    • Beskha teaching Ryon
    • Gared (will probably march south either way)
    • Someone new in King's Landing, or perhaps Sera

I seriously doubt we get to play as Morgryn. You'd basically play an enemy of all other POV characters. I'd always just choose options that hurt the bastard and his business anyway (seeing it like that, maybe we should get to play as him)

• I liked this list :)

Gared Malcolm Gwyn (can you kill her) Talia Beshka I also feel mira may have a few scenes here or there.... its possible

• I was just thinking Sera!!! As long as we don't get her actually sent back to Highgarden..

But what about using Lucan? I've always wanted to use a guard!

My guess is * Asher/Rodrik recovering and planning to take Ironrath back * Malcolm in Essos * Beskha teaching Ryon * Gared (will pro

• Whitehill is contrary to Morgryn's interests just as much as Forrester. The funny thing is, since Whitehill has the upper hand now, sabotaging POV Morgryn would sabotage Forrester. It would be incredibly smart if Morgryn's actions weren't explicitly explained as going against Whitehill until S2 finale at which point if you were sabotaging you realise you hurt the Forresters.

My guess is * Asher/Rodrik recovering and planning to take Ironrath back * Malcolm in Essos * Beskha teaching Ryon * Gared (will pro

• It would be great to play as a Warg. And since we now know of one...it's possible he heads south and Gared stays no matter what you chose.

• Good question.

Gared
    Asher
    Talia (maybe in King's Landing, if Margaery feels guilty for throwing Mira to the wolves)
    Gwyn
    Malcolm

• My guess is gared, josera, rodrik/Asher and talia at some point.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.