Best Telltale Game

edited November 2015 in The Wolf Among Us

Hands down this is the best Telltale title to date. Well written and a good feeling everytime I played it. If you only get one Telltale game, make it this one.!

As a huge game of thrones fan I expected that would have been the game I liked the most but after playing both, this one is 5x better and was written so well I didn't end it feeling like I had to overlook simple logic to enjoy it. The big bad wolf sounded cheesy to me at first but turned out to be a great character that was a lot of fun to play. GOT you play a Handmaiden, a Squire, a 13 year old boy, a cripple and one guy that can actually stand up for himself. Its more or less just a game of patience and restraint as you are constantly in a postion of weakness with every character getting punked by everyone, even in your own pathetic house that somehow still stands despite the fact your entire army consists of less that 10 people. At least I finally made it back at the end of chapter 5 with my new army, which is actually 5 pit fighters that for some reason is referred to and thought of as an army.

Wolf among us was a feeling of power where you got respect from most people and the ones that didn't regretted it and lost their throat or arm. Even the Woodsman that cut you open and filled your belly with rocks comes around. You log off happy and when it was over you wanted to play through it one more time at least to see how different choices impacted the game.

GOT was kind of just the opposite and while it was a fun game (would I still say this if I didn't love GOT? I really don't know) you spend almost all of it feeling weak, taking shit and waiting til episode 6 to get even for the 5 chapters of shit you have taken. Instead of replaying it when I am done I will probably come back and just play this one, for the third time.

Comments

• Personally I think Tales from the Borderlands is the best but I also loved The Wolf Among Us.

• The Wolf Among Us > Tales from the Borderlands

• The Walking Dead: Season One > Tales From The Borderlands

• Tales from the Borderlands > The Walking Dead: Season One

FTFY

TheCatWolf posted: »

The Walking Dead: Season One > Tales From The Borderlands

• More like The Walking Dead: Season One > Every other Telltale game on the roster to date.. including its own sequel.

• edited November 2015

You guys make me glad I bought The walking dead and TFTB.

Promised wife I would play walking dead with her since she loves that show so waiting on that one, but I am about to start Borderlands now so will have to see if Im still loving Wolf among us the most after that.

I notice most people are specific when mentioning The Walking Dead by only saying season 1... Does that mean season 2 was a disappointment?

• To some people it didn't live up to their expectations, but it was enjoyable.

Imnuktam posted: »

You guys make me glad I bought The walking dead and TFTB. Promised wife I would play walking dead with her since she loves that show so w

• I liked it and I do believe that, despite what some people say on the forums, the majority of people did like it as well. It's not as good as Season 1 and your choices don't matter as much, but it's still a great game.

Imnuktam posted: »

You guys make me glad I bought The walking dead and TFTB. Promised wife I would play walking dead with her since she loves that show so w

• I think TWD S1 and this are equal, both are outstanding games and easily Telltale's best

• Tales of Monkey Island > The Walking Dead: Season One

• TFTBL>TWD S1>TWAU>GOT>TWD S2>MC:SM

• TWAU is the BEST game EVER

• Sorry bruh, but

Tales From The Borderlands > The Walking Dead S1 > Game Of Thrones > The Wolf Among Us > The Walking Dead S2

• Tales from the Borderlands > Everything else

• edited March 2016

It's all opinion, and I haven't played Tales or the Walking Dead games yet (I do own them, so I'll get to them eventually), but here's what I can say from the Telltale games that I've played so far:

The Wolf Among Us >>>>>> Game Of Thrones > Minecraft Story Mode and Jurassic Park

Wolf was the first Telltale game that I played, followed in order by:

Jurassic Park, Game of Thrones, Minecraft Story Mode

Game of Thrones made me feel like I was beset by adversaries on all sides. It seemed like I never had a good opportunity to get ahead, and eventually that feeling got old.

I put Jurassic Park and Minecraft Story Mode on about the same level. Jurassic Park suffered from having obnoxious QTE's, although Telltale did a good job with the death scenes, so that helped make up for it. I also liked the way that Jurassic Park was very faithful to the look of the original movie. Minecraft is incomplete, so it's probably not fair for me to rate it yet. I'll see how I feel after I play the episode that's coming out next week.

None of the games are bad, but Wolf is my favorite by far.

Xannot posted: »

Sorry bruh, but Tales From The Borderlands > The Walking Dead S1 > Game Of Thrones > The Wolf Among Us > The Walking Dead S2

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

although Telltale did a good job with the death scenes

Those death scenes are AMAZING.

Gnatrat posted: »

It's all opinion, and I haven't played Tales or the Walking Dead games yet (I do own them, so I'll get to them eventually), but here's what

• U Have to play those 2, highly recommended man, especially Tales

Gnatrat posted: »

It's all opinion, and I haven't played Tales or the Walking Dead games yet (I do own them, so I'll get to them eventually), but here's what

• edited March 2016

In terms of choices I would say: TFTBL,GOT,MCSM,TWD S2,TWAU,TWD S1. Note: I liked TWAU,TWD S1 and S2 more then MCSM.

• edited March 2016

It is my favourite TTG game too, but it probably has to do with the noir and detective fiction being my favourite genres, more than anything else, and the fact that I had a lot of fun checking out all the theories that were around back then on the identity of the killer.

• While Tales from the Borderlands has surpassed it, I am currently replaying the game and I still find myself enjoying it. :)

The Wolf Among Us was my favorite game of the 2013-2014 era of Telltale.

• edited March 2016

Honestly it's probably the weakest Telltale game from me. I loved it too, but to me, it seemed like the tone and plot entirely shifted from episode 1 to episode 2. I liked what they had going before. It was still great... but it could have been better.

The Walking Dead Season 1 > Tales From the Borderlands > Minecraft: Story Mode > Game of Thrones > The Walking Dead Season 2 > The Wolf Among Us

• edited July 2018

I wasn't a huge fan of tales from the borderlands, but wolf amoung us and walking dead season one are my favorites. With wolf among us slightly taking the lead for me, but to each there own. I do like borderlands 1 and 2 though.

• For me, The Wolf Among Us comes in second when it comes to my favorite Telltale Games.

1.) The Walking Dead
    2.) The Wolf Among Us
    3.) Tales From The Borderlands
    4.) Game of Thrones
    5.) Batman: The Enemy Within

• Tales From The Borderlands is my favorite but can't wait for S2 of The Wolf Among Us.

• Batman: The Enemy Within takes the cake if you ask me.

• For me its
    1. Walking Dead season 1
    2. Batman: The Enemy Within
    3. Tales from the Borderlands
    4. Walking Dead Season 2
    5. Wolf Among Us

• For me,to be objective,I think this is the most frequent ranking of Best Telltale Game:
    1. The Walking Dead
    2. The Wolf Among Us
    3. Tales from the Borderlands
    4. The Walking Dead: Season 2
    5. Back to the Future

• Yeah,The Wolf Among Us is definitely my favorite, followed by Tales from the Borderlands.

• edited August 2018

1.) Tales From the Borderlands
    2.) The Wolf Among Us
    3.) Batman: The Enemy Within
    4 ) The Walking Dead Season 1
    5.) The Walking Dead Season 2

• edited September 2018

For me...this is my list.

1. Wolf Among Us
      Reason: Obviously, as my account shows, I love this series. It's my favourite series on this list because of the creativity to the original comic book series. My dad started me on comic books when I was little (as the following stories show) and for that reason I started reading the comics after I got involved with the Game. It's the creativity of the world, and the amazing interconnected universe that makes me love the fables series.
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy
      Reason: I know this is unpopular...but I LOVED IT ALL. I love Guardians. My dad introduced me to it and he's always read the Marvel comic series ever since I was a small child. He would read me to sleep with the Marvel Comics he had when he was a teenager, and a child. And for that reason, it holds a really special spot inside of me. Besides...YOU GET TO PLAY AS ROCKET AT ONE POINT WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR?!!!
    3. Back to the Future
      Reason: I know this is an unpopular placement as well...but I grew up on BTTF, I actually bought a jacket that is like Marty McFly's own, and it's the self drying kind you can find online. It was really expensive, but for me it was worth it. Besides the fact that this was actually my first Telltale game, way back on like my original Ipad, many years ago. It just holds a really special place in my heart...
    4. Game of Thrones
      Reason: GOT was one of my first series I got into, besides SPN, when I finally started branching out on my own. I read the first book while browsing around in the public library and ever since I've been hooked. I got my dad into it, I got my friends into it, I geek out about it to this day, and I still love Jon Snow because of how much I relate to him. So it wasn't exactly that hard to start loving this telltale game instantly.
    5. The Walking Dead Season 1
      Reason: I know a lot of people are going to hate me for this, but the only one I REALLY enjoyed was TWDS1. I love clemintine as a character, but her appeal was her innocence...aka the fact that she could stand about in a terrible world and yet see it in such a good light. After they hardened her by the time the second season ended...I stopped liking her. Then the series just...fell apart for me. It left a bad taste, that's why I only really like the season 1. But when I did love it, I really loved it! Honest! It was great, with dynamics and care crafted into a masterpiece that transcended the fandom. It almost felt like you could probably introduce a non walking dead person, and they'd still love it just because of how alive the characters felt. That's why I loved season 1. And it felt like...it fell...just all apart after the first one. And I know that's not a popular belief, but it's my belief. And I will stick to it. I'm willing to hear out the alternative side to this, if anybody has arguments otherwise, but I don't think you can change my mind on this.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.