[episode 6 major spoilers] Mira the big problem.

edited November 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Ignoring all my other choices I'm very disspapointed with how Mira ended. I played smart and cunning the entire time- the only reason I didn't agree to the Marriage- is because they literally had no evidence, and me being in the 8% that didn't kill the guard. I figured there surely would be some evidence that would take place. Had I known I'd die for a crime I didn't commit after completely covering my trail and playing like a back stabber with Sarah and becoming buds with Cersei- I would have married him. Regardless, there was no option for someone like me, I got hung for what exactly?- rumors the guard was missing? I didn't even kill him. I would have gladly pointed the finger at Tom the peasant. I just didn't realize my mortality was on the line. Since technically I played her so well . It just completely ruined the way I played her honestly. All the other choices, I'm partial to the results- I think it was done well mostly.

I up and try to diplomatically accept the engament to the White Hills and the game instantly slaps me in the face with a jarring no screw you- you can't actually play this intelligently and go's bonkers and everyone starts dying.

I don't know- I just feel it lacked the needed thought and resolve for someone who played it the way I did (you'd think they'd considered it being they took so long)

I didn't exactly feel like I had an option to "play the game of thrones" because technically i should have resolved myself from all of the danger but the narrative bended suddenly refusing to acknowledge things that we're presented to me as a choice. (What's the point of not killing the guard, hiding the knife, burning the letter, blaming Sarah) literally none of that mattered for me. I did all of that and it was just like whatever.

I'm fine with tell tale's game more or less ending in the same directions because the narrative slightly changes on my actions- however this one blatantly slapped with me the fact that most of what I did had little to no impact on anything at all.

I love tell tale my favorite game developer of all time. I love everysingle game made by this company- not to mention ASOIAF is my favorite fiction- but as far as my play through wrapping it up came off as very sloppy and somewhat of a let down with Mira's character who was by far my favorite

Comments

• To be fair, Mira was up against odds she wasn't equipped for - I'm more upset about her determinant status which essentially kills off her storyline. And this was one character who needed to make it into the next season, she was the side of the Forresters that specialized playing the game of thrones, that learnt her way about with intrigues of Kings Landing, she was a refreshing change from all the other more action oriented POVs - and she had so much more potential - Telltale created an amazing character and they severely underused her - I guess its less outright upsetting and more just plain disappointing in what was otherwise a brilliantly written finale.

• I think we have to realize that Game of Thrones was the most complex piece Telltale decided to take on (recently, I just became a fan after TWD so telltale lifers don't kill me) and they didn't take it serious enough. But honestly if we compare all the telltale games we will realize that this is a reoccurring thing for the company, the only difference this time is GoT and the hype it received. I personally agree with you but one thing telltale is good at doing is making you fall in love with their characters. You fall in love with the characters so much, but don't realize till a second play through that the plot was subpar and lazily written (sorry not tryna get on telltales life, it's just an amateur perspective anyway).

Game of Thrones was also 6 episodes so compared to other games we were hoping for the plot to wrap up better. The mess with episode 5 didn't help their case either and I think telltale players will be more aware of the patterns of telltale writing.

• I slightly disagree with you there TWD and Boarderlands games are amazing and one my my personal favorites ever that hit me so much in the feels. Both games really let me tell my story- at least emotionally and I really felt they finished perfectly. I don't think it's exactly a trend- I just feel they could have wrapped things up better for the reasons I mentioned above.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

I think we have to realize that Game of Thrones was the most complex piece Telltale decided to take on (recently, I just became a fan after

• Well I believe if we all went back and played the games.. Even tales (I love it too, don't get me wrong), telltale has a way with plots.

TWD for example railroads you immensely on a journey with Kenny to find a boat that you may or may not want to find. You encounter a car full of supplies that you can steal from if you want to. Some ppl (me included) decided we shouldn't. Remember how it didn't matter to the Stranger whether you stole from him or not?

Going to Tales... Let's say your Handsome Rhys. Massive Jack fanboy and you do everything to his liking. When it comes time to take over Hyperion, like some players actually planned to do.. Episode 5 comes out and bam! It doesn't matter what you choose anymore.

Now you can say that in certain situations (tales I'll let jack slide cause he's crazy) this plot device would make sense. I say it's lazy. heres a small example from TWD season 1. In episode 2 the St. John's come and ask you to come to give them a lil gas and yada yada yada. I knew not to trust them from the jump. Telltale waves a lil decision in our face... To do what? Just to railroad us to the farm anyway.

Hopefully I'm not the only one noticing it.

Jfish718 posted: »

I slightly disagree with you there TWD and Boarderlands games are amazing and one my my personal favorites ever that hit me so much in the f

• I had kept the knife in hopes of using it at some point. So I knew Mira wasn't going to be found innocent of her crimes. Still I went with telling Andros to go f**k himself. I just thought someone would come to your aide. If not Margeary than Cercei in the hopes of using her some more. When I saw Sera and Tom in the group of witnesses I thought they'd come to her aide. Especially after I protected Sera Flowers. Plus saving Tom's life should've gotten me some bonus points with him.

In any case I'm going to keep the original save file simply because Mira would never give herself to Andros after he not only tried to have her killed, but thrown into a cell. Iron from Ice after all.

Though on the rest of my save files I'll keep Mira alive just in case I change my mind when season 2 comes out. Plus I really like Mira. And, if I have any luck at all, if she's alive in the next game we can hopefully save her from Andros.

• edited November 2015

She's dead in my game, I feel quite sad about it. The coal boy Tom is either imprisoned or dead as well. I really feel her story was wasted. I was hoping Telltale would use her to tell an alternate version of Sansa's story, that of a girl from a House torn to bits by violence and the treachery of the Lannisters, Freys, and Boltons. She was placed in a better situation in that she wasn't tortured by a demon like joffrey, but in the end, her only protection from certain death was the value of her family's name and inheritance transferred by marriage.

I don't like that it came down to marriage or death. I actually couldn't decide what to say, and my silence turned into an automatic death sentence. Something more could have come from her plight and get story... I know that powerlessness is a theme- especially for women- in King's Landing and the world of ASOIAF but I wish Mira could have turned into a shewd old Olenna-type through her intelligence, perceptive mind, and moxie. I would not go so far as to say that she is a waste of a character, but I feel like her story arc was not fulfilling, that her death served no purpose. The evil one who betrayed her was not even deeply involved in the plot in the first place. She was also our only connection to the interesting and complex politics of the situation. Mira's death was meaningless...

I would have liked if she had survived for a season 2 without being taken or destroyed and abandoned by all her "allies" except poor Tom. I don't know if I should replay it and accept a dirty marriage to that scumbag.

Poor Mira... I wish she could have been more than a victim in the story

• In my opinion I didn't love how not cersei nor Margary came to your aid, one of the two should have been able to Coke into play, my problem with this game is its (game of thrones) "you either win or you die" ok I felt like in a couple playthroughs I killed it, therefore I should have been rewarded with a more victorious ending and vice Versa a couple playthroughs I absolutely blew it so kill me and decimate all that I love, but that wasn't the case oh well still enjoyed the ride.

Cardren posted: »

I had kept the knife in hopes of using it at some point. So I knew Mira wasn't going to be found innocent of her crimes. Still I went with t

• They did have one scrap of evidence. Mira was seen by Lucan walking off with Damien at the last time he was ever seen. That's where it started.

• You're missing the point. The lesson here is that in real life your choices cannot change everyone else's actions. Obviously you didn't play intelligently because you underestimated your enemies and died for it. It doesn't matter how cunning you are when somebody with power wants to fuck you over. You failed to see this. Also, just because Mira died does not mean her presence is gone. I believe that Mira's death could have an even greater impact in later seasons. Her death could be a martyrdom behind which other potential allies could rally.

• I liked it, mira is a minor player, shes nearly been killed dozens of times now. She has no higher allies

• If that's all they need in kings landing then there are a lot of heads that should be on pikes.

Regardless what kind of Mira you play, you won't win and you will die. The problem was we almost believed telltale did something different with GoT. But no...

They did have one scrap of evidence. Mira was seen by Lucan walking off with Damien at the last time he was ever seen. That's where it started.

• This isn't real life...

This is a game based off of fantasy and medieval culture. Though it is a GRMM series... The progression of Miras story didn't make sense no matter how you play the Game of thrones. You can be Cersei junior and ignore your family, respect the crown and try to live another day... But no it won't matter.

Mautiks posted: »

You're missing the point. The lesson here is that in real life your choices cannot change everyone else's actions. Obviously you didn't play

• I also thought Lord Varys might come to your aide. After all timeline wise this would've been around the time he helped Tyrion escape. And if he's going to save one person why not two? Although I don't know how much more Mira would've liked being shoved into a crate than Tyrion did. Lols.

In my opinion I didn't love how not cersei nor Margary came to your aid, one of the two should have been able to Coke into play, my problem

Sign in to comment in this discussion.