North Grove must Never Be Lost... Should it?

I think most of the players broke the promise and went south with Grove's people... What did you do?

Comments

• edited November 2015

If people had a brain then they would understand what it is instead of expecting some sort of great mystical magic power thing.

• It is a shame they didnt give us any sentimental reason to really care...but it was the onyl real thing gregor told us...and they encourage is to save it by showing us ironrath is already lost anyway....

• Why should we protect the north grove? It was never concluded.

• Considering that Telltale spent six episodes on building up to the North Grove, and all we have to go on is a group of people with one member practicing blood magic to control people and animals, which is already shown to not be fully reliable...why should we care about the North Grove if we still don't know what the hell it is, and how it can even help the Forresters in the future?

• edited November 2015

You're left to figure out by yourself why the North Grove must be protected. They have been drilling this into our skulls ever since the beginning of GOT. WINTER IS COMING. WINTER IS COMING. NONE OF THIS MATTERS IF WE DON'T MAKE IT THROUGH WINTER.

Gregor knew winter was coming. He believed in it.

What he said to Gared, was not about helping House Forrester prevail against the Whitehills in the immediate coming war, it's about the long future.

A place safe from the army of wights,which apparently has some hidden power that will help fight the army of the dead, that is something I daresay no other House besides possibly the Starks might have.

We've listened to it in all our time as fans of GOT, Winter is coming. Houses ,titles and petty wars will mean nothing when the frozen army marches across Westeros.

If you're not true to the promise you made to Gregor, and send Gared south to help house Forrester NOW, you've doomed every last one of them in the future. The North Grove must NEVER be lost.

• Actually... I think majority stayed in the North Grove.

• edited November 2015

I went South to save dear people for Gared.
    After Battle for Ironrath I really doubt Forresters have any valuable fighting power.
    Lord of House, Talia, Beshka, Ryon and Sentinel/Traitor/Gwyn made it out from this hell, but most of their people have died during the siege. Forresters need any help and Gared is Asher 2.0, he is bringing another fighting power, who are also children of Lord Gregor.

GoT show/book spoiler below!

What about wights? I don't really care about them - they are main enemy of original GoT and Jon with others would face them in order to save the Westeros. My main enemy is last Whitehill commander and knowing the terms of Ramsay, I need to kill him.

• edited November 2015

My version of Gared could never have done it, all he wanted was to be a knight and grow old and respected amongst the Forresters he grew up with. He'd never leave them to perish if there was even the slightest hope. So I let him (for once), do what felt like his own choice, as he's been shoved into increasingly unfair and shitty situations this whole season.

Besides, I don't exactly know what I could do to "save" the North Grove as a physical location. Gared's a good fighter, but not exceptional or anything. The sister is clearly weakening, even if I carved up Cotter's heart, I think it's a temporary solution, at best. When the S6 Wight army shows up, there's no way she can hold them off with her piddly crew. That location, imo, is toast.

I think Lord Forrester meant that we're supposed to save the people there, with their exceptional magic abilities, rather than the place. I don't think we've seen such an extensive display of magic ever on the show as Forrester's daughter was wielding. I think his kids are the North Grove, not the mysterious power dwelling therein. I don't think a power that can brainwash people into submission much cares if Winter is coming or not, it'll survive regardless. People who know how to wield it? Now that's tough. Maybe Lord Forrester was sending us to save them from Winter, not to fight to our futile deaths against it.

• edited November 2015

The bastard twins said they haven't even begun to tap into the North Grove's hidden power yet, that they're only beginning to understand it.

For some reason they believe it will be something that will keep them safe from the winter. Safety from the army of wights is one of the best things any house could ask for right now.

Besides, the girl said her power comes directly from the North Grove, so I imagine her powers won't be as flashy as she gets further from it.

How's three people ,a bear and a kid gonna save House Forrester by marching south? What about when winter comes? The North Grove is too good of an asset to just abandon in a hopeless quest to MAYBE be of a little help in the present.

It's been a constant theme that the people in Westeros are too focused on what's going on south and not taking the wight threat seriously, and that they will pay for it. If you take Gared south, it means you don't take winter seriously either

Sign in to comment in this discussion.